It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'can no longer play Big Brother'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Sat, 16 Aug 2008 15:00:01 GMT

Turkish President Abdullah Gul
Turkish President Abdullah Gul says the Georgia conflict has proved that the US could no longer control the entire world from one centre.

In an interview with The Guardian newspaper published on Saturday, President Gul said the conflict in Georgia indicated that Washington could no longer shape global politics on its own, and with other countries.

"A new world order, if I can say it, should emerge" and the United States should begin sharing power in a new world order, he added
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What an exciting political climate to witness.

Nice comment on the nwo tho.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is why you get the fervent right wing americans so aghast at what Russia is doing . They do not care for protocols of limited hypocrisy when such an alarming turn of events should come to pass , they will whine and scream about invading soverign territory to get the international community on their side to stop this happening . They will use evey excuse .. humanitarian , freedom.. democracy .. but they have worn out their franchise on the old excuses and nobody believes it anymore.

There is a new world order , and it is coming from the east . It is just the natural cycle of power shifts that has always occured through history . It is for the us and the west to come to terms with that .

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I can accept those terms just fine. I never wanted anything to do with Europe's damn wars and political messes anyways. Clue to most "easterners" most of us in the U.S. (can't speak for all the west) don't want to be your big brother, I'll get along just fine when we stop giving out foreign aid and selling out our young warriors to fight wars for the rich globalist. I hope you're right, good riddance to our involvement in ALL of your affairs.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Russia’s actions in the Caucasus have exposed the current limits on the U.S. military’s capacity.

Aside from U.N. Security Council meetings and public condemnations of Russian aggression, there is little to nothing the United States can do right now to intervene in Georgia. Russia is well aware that the United States has its hands full with wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and did not waste the opportunity to pound the Georgians and reassert Russian influence over its periphery without having to worry about Western interference.

Mind you although they took full advantage of this situation to disproportionately respond, they WERE NOT THE AGGRESSOR. Georgia is, as far war goes, fair game. Once you shoot down someone's planes without a good enough reason you best believe you'll get treated like the hostile instigator you are.

I mean I don't see what Saakashvili was expecting?
Maybe all of NATO and the UN on his shoulders, marching right behind him? Who knows, but let it be clear he started this bullsh*t.

I don't get all these people crying about disproportionate response. Where were you when Iraq was occupied by the US?
You want to talk about disproportion, there you friggin' go. What Iraq did do? What did Iraq have?

Russia’s actions have set off alarms in Washington.
Now more than ever, the United States is feeling an overwhelming urgency to seal up the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan so it can focus on issues more vital to U.S. national security in Eurasia.

Not the War of Terror facade, which is a thinly disguised Middle Eastern Profiteering Expedition for the Bush admin and their connections in the Petroleum Industry.

Afghanistan carries its fair share of complications, but any resolution to Iraq is still YEARS away.

The hardest part of restoration is already done you could say; the level of violence has dropped dramatically in Iraq over the past 2 years thanks to a U.S. military surge, political negotiations with Iraq’s Sunni factions and an Iranian strategic need to contain Iraq’s Shiite militias.

While actual progress is being made a number of sticking points remain, the the truth of the matter is Washington is still very much tied down in the Middle East and for now has little political power to wield on the global stage.

Hence the response you saw in Georgia.
Bush flipped Putin off.
Putin stuck it right back at him without hesitation.

Russia is on the path to reaffirming it's status as an equal, at least in Washington's eyes, it's coming to the point where American hegemony will eventually be replaced by Chinese-Russian-American spheres of influence.

And the Cold War "heats" up once more...

[edit on 16/8/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

new topics

top topics

join