It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter is going to explode??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Jupiter is going to explode??

english.pravda.ru

Needless to say that the solar system may suffer a tremendous explosion in the event something goes wrong inside its biggest planet. The blast wave will reach Earth and destroy every living organism on it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thoughts?

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Pretty wild.

However, we have to consider the source

Don't you find it interesting that Russia is threatening nuclear strikes, and then PRAVDA puts out a piece saying that "Nuclear winters might come from Jupiter".

Seems like it could be planting prior justificaiton to me.

Although, I have to admit, other than the timing of this piece, the science seems sound.

Anyone else?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well, the first thing that came to my mind was:

STOP.

DROP.

and ROLL.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's okay if Jupiter explodes.

But it's going to be a real mess if Uranus explodes !

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Coming from a Russian state run news agency, it is a fitting fabrication of alarmist end of the world stuff.... Which shows the vulnerability of life on this planet of ours... Ironically the Russians have the ability to cause the same level of damage without an exploding Jupiter!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Being that we are around 93,000 miles from the sun, and 390,000 miles from Jupiter, and that the Sun is far, far larger than Jupiter, and continuously puts out far more radiation than it seems likely that Jupiter will ever put out, even in a complete explosive destruction, Jupiter developing into a star will most likely not effect us. This biggest risk would be the unlikely result of a huge asteroid coming our way.

Haven't we already discovered several giant planets like Jupiter, many of which are considerable larger than Jupiter? If my memory serves me correct, then the common existence of Jupiter sized planets makes it seem unlikely that Jupiter, as a planet, is unstable.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wow - that's one happy little Russian article, you found right there. Geez, couldn't they sugar coat it a bit? Throw in a couple of euphemisms for good measure.

Is there any indication of when we're all going to die from the nuclear winter of showering dirty ice from the explosion of Jupiter and the flipping moons?

thanks for the thread - star and flag (especially for the heads up re Europa turning 90 degrees in May 08. Interesting.)

I sincerely hope all these recent UFO sightings aren't just little sad last looks, waves goodbye from our manufacturers and that the crop circles aren't desperate warning signs of SHE'S GONNA BLOW -

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012
Coming from a Russian state run news agency,

Pravda is no longer state run. It's now more of a supermarket checkout rag. Just the sort of place you would expect to find articles like this.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by trusername
I sincerely hope all these recent UFO sightings aren't just little sad last looks, waves goodbye from our manufacturers and that the crop circles aren't desperate warning signs of SHE'S GONNA BLOW -

Maybe they already know our future, and are simply here to observe, you know, enjoy the show, from beginning to END!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That is exactly what the Russians want you to believe, and if you do it has worked perfectly!

If it is not state run, then why are they first to publish Russian propaganda?

Just take a look and some of their most recent reports, if you can't see the propaganda, and state agenda within the reporting... Then they have obviously fooled you.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

OK, thanks for that.
The article is still nonsense.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
To everyone questioning this article because it came from a Russian news source..HAHAHA....I read an article similar to this before the Russian Georgian conflict even started.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MatrixBaller04

No.

Everyone is question the article because it is from Pravda which is a sensationalistic news source, which is a tabloid more than anything.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Meh...I still read about it before, and it wasn't from a tabloid site. There's a real possibility of something like that happening though

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
oh well if jupiter wants to explode and destroy us then let it, there's not much we can do about it. and worrying about it wouldn't stop it from happening.

i swear 99% of news articles these days are made to scare us in some way.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I recall that news agency once said, a year ago, that the United States was about to carry out a nuclear attack on Iran.

If I am not mistaken, that never happened.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Not YET.

And it probably won't.

What I notice is my Granny is way ahead of anyone here.

Waaaay down the road from this stuff.

sarc

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I believe you mean the Earth is 93 million miles from the sun, and we are 365 million miles from Jupiter. Not 93 thousand miles, and 390 thousand miles.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join