It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brother in tiger attack gets 16 months in prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Brother in tiger attack gets 16 months in prison

www.mercurynews.com

Dhaliwal was sentenced to spend more than a year in state prison this week in connection with a series of run-ins with the law, unrelated to the Christmas Day tiger mauling that wounded him and his brother and left his younger friend, Carlos Sousa Jr., dead.

The ruling marked a strange chapter in the bizarre case that riveted people worldwide with the attack's brutal violence. In the fallout of the Christmas tragedy - which left both Sousa and the tiger, Tatiana, dead - accusations flew at the zoo, the tiger and at the young men themselves.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is a story I have followed since it happened. I'm glad this kid is getting put into San Quentin (of all places). This guy has some thought that he is above the law, looking at his previous offenses proves this, and now he is getting a taste of what happens when you think you're top dog.

The death of anyone's family member is a tragedy; I do feel bad for his family. These guys provoked the attack by being drunken idiots and thinking that the tiger, being a natural predator, wouldn't respond to their actions.

I would say that they got what they deserved.

www.mercurynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-8-2008 by DrOOpieS]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I like the comment from the attorney: “What do we say? Felons shouldn’t go [to the zoo]?”
No, but how ‘bout mental defectives and menaces to society (and themselves) shouldn’t go? How about morons that are too stupid to try and take even marginal precautions to ensure their own safety? In fact, morons that go out of their way to endanger themselves!

I have to disagree the OP’s sentiment that the death of anyone’s family member is a tragedy. No, it isn’t. Some people need to be removed from the gene pool. I only have sympathy for the tiger in this case. Hopefully this clown will end up on the wrong end of shank while in the hoosegow. Good riddance to them both.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yeah fair enough hes probably a criminal anyway judging by his previous offenses.If it wasn't for this he probably would've ended up in San Quentin for something else eventually anyway.
But a big point here would be to ask still how the heck the tiger got out?
Because they really should have safe guards in place for drunken morons taunting tigers and they still shouldn't be able to get out.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

They were leaning over the railing to the enclosure. Apparently the wall was like 15 feet high, and they thought the tiger could only jump like 12 feet or something like that. Basically a logistics nightmare. But you have to remember, when you get a burst of adrenaline you can do crazy things. The tiger got angry and probably got a surge of adrenaline and it was able to jump up and out of it's pen.

top topics

join