It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism, Eqaulity and the Olympics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

The legal system is another topic and one i agree on with you, equality is equality. However i'm talking more about biology rather than man made laws i suppose. I'm talking about equality in sporting events at this current moment but if you want to start a thread about the laws then please go ahead and i'l join in.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Uhm, it was the feminists (of the early 1900's), you know, who first focused on the idea that women were sensual and sexual creatures and who spoke out against rape and the "lie there and take it" mentality of the Victorian era. I don't know if you read up on the history of women's rights movements and what life was like for women (in the 1970's it was still hard for

Without taking away from anything you point out or coming across as to deny or condone the attitude toward women,

I feel feminists fail to aknowledge that men had inherited their attitude from insane religious dogma .

As much as I believe that the feminist movement (for what little I a mere man can comprehend of it) should take credit for giving impetus to the ending of religious insanity. I feel that some feminist can become extremist, and seem to unjustifiably tar all men with the same brush that painted caves and cathedrals.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's important to note that while it is quite unacceptable for men to beat on women just because they feel like it, it should be equally as unacceptable for a woman to abuse a man because "He's a man, he can take it... and I'm a girl, so I'm naturally weaker".

There is a severe problem in court systems, as well as common mentality, that women cannot be responsible for the injuries they sustain when they assault a man (If the man fights back), and that men are not allowed to fight back when a woman attacks them or else they are a woman beater.

If we want equality in the sexes, the court system is an important element for everyone. That and... women need to be more self-assured... with interests and lives of their own. Too many forgo their own personalities for the sake of a relationship, or for their own insecurities.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by moocowman

The legal system is another topic and one i agree on with you, equality is equality. However i'm talking more about biology rather than man made laws i suppose. I'm talking about equality in sporting events at this current moment but if you want to start a thread about the laws then please go ahead and i'l join in.

Naw I dont think I'll go there right now i spent 5 years fighting the bastards so got to be in a long winded mood to start a thread on it.

surely the objective of a sporting event is to become unequal ?

Remember Fatima Whitbread ? she couldnt compete against the men but she could become like a man to beat the women.

So if both sexes were lumped into a competition equally would it not be prudent fo women to become like men in order to win?

Mary Peters (?) there was another big lump who started to look lke a man in order to beat the women.

I dont know IR , how far can you go with equality? at the end of the day most men and women are designed physically unequal so cant compete on equal terms unless the women become like men.

In relation to competative sport such as the olympics that is

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

You're quite welcome. The next time you see bestseller book by a woman, realize that before the 1970's, most books written by women were rejected simply because they were written by women (many romance novels were written by men using pseudonyms.) If you vote (I do, regularly) then you can thank the early feminists.

So Ayn Rand was just the exception?

That what youre trying to say?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I actually like the following a lot although technically it wasn't a question, it was an opinion.. but an opinion I completely concur with:

So forgive me for asking for this, but i think that there should only be one category, that being the best. No mens and womens categories, just the sport and the best at it.

and I think we should also do away with the special olympics. Just because their brains are short circuited and/or they are physically impaired shouldn't mean that they get their own olympics. Hell, theirs is even called special.

I think we should do away with those too. If a man can't prove he is the fastest runner out of everyone, he shouldn't be allowed to compete... even if he DOESN'T have legs. Too bad, so sad. *snip* 'em.

If a team of synchronized swimmers can't synchronize because their brains are short circuited than they shouldn't be given a medal w/ first place on it when there are teams of ppl w/ fully functional brains that can do it better and really are #1.

Seriously, I actually applaud your statement and agree whole heartedly. Quit catering to those of lesser ability just to make them "feel" like they are great when in actuality they are only great compared with those beneath them, but pale in comparison to those who are better than them.

The gold medals and 1st place ribbons should only be handed out to those who truly deserve them. No doubt that women would lose to men more often than not. That's why most of us should be at home taking care of our babies and our men

*no sarcasm whatsoever in this post..... I really think that was an excellent idea and support it 100%*

[edit on 16-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I was thinking little maid outfits with g strings.

This right here is most definately an area where we women will outshine the men
Never will a man look hot or get more attention than women while wearing a little maids outfit w/ a g string.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
The gold medals and 1st place ribbons should only be handed out to those who truly deserve them. No doubt that women would lose to men more often than not. That's why most of us should be at home taking care of our babies and our men

Not sure about this, my friend is a literal genius and she belongs in the lab furthering human kind.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I'm a literal genius too according to every IQ test I've ever taken.

I could be in a lab pretending to cure something, but football is more enlightening.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

That makes me rather sad, because if you're telling the truth then you are wasted. However lets not let this distract from my original point.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

uh.. ok. Is this the same friend you mentioned awhile back that was a genius. Even if not and you happen to have TWO friends who are literal genius' and are women, that does not go against what I said. MOST does not equal "all."

And when you say "literal genius," what defines her as a literal genius? Just curious if there is a certificate of authenticity, medal, or something they give to prove someone is a literal genius as opposed to.. what?.. a figurative genius.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
obviously I am NOT a literal genius but rather a figurative genius

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Why am I being wasted? I do what I enjoy. I use my brainpower in my business where I reap the benefit.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
basically you are saying this (excuse me if it seems blunt but this i what i think you may be tip-toeing around)

Women want equality and complain about low wages etc, but they would also complain if they had to compete against a man in a physical competition as they would deem it unfair?

like double standards?

sorry if ive mis-understood

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Briles

Yes. Women whine about wanting equality, but in the mean time they benefit from lower standards set forth in the military, and by police and fire departments on their physical fitness tests.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
And when you say "literal genius," what defines her as a literal genius? Just curious if there is a certificate of authenticity, medal, or something they give to prove someone is a literal genius as opposed to.. what?.. a figurative genius.

Literal is about simple IQ tests, and whilst i dislike the IQ test, certain circumstances are ok with it.

Anyway lets get off teh subjecta nd return to the original premise of equality.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Good idea. Lets do away with different standards for men and women.

If women want to be a firefighter, they have to carry the same amount of weight up the same amount of stairs in the same amount of time as males are required to do so.

The result will be less women firefighters, and then groups like NOW and all of the other feminist retards will be whining about a lack of gender diversity on the local fire and police departments.

They want to have their cake and eat it too. I say, get them in the kitchen baking the cake instead.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Literal is about simple IQ tests, and whilst i dislike the IQ test, certain circumstances are ok with it.

Anyway lets get off teh subjecta nd return to the original premise of equality.

certain circumstances meaning when you want to prove a point about having a literal genius friend.

On topic: way to NOT back up your message of equality

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

You have my heartfelt thanks.

I was there too. I could not take shop I had to take home EC, I could not join track (the coach cried) I could not buy a car, get a credit card or buy a house with out a man. And when someone asked why I did not go for my masters degree I told him I could earn more money with a sexchange operation. My research and publications were stolen and had a man's name attached....so yes my heartfelt thanks

True equality is same muscle mass competing against same muscle mass. Or should heavyweights fight fly weights?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The men's and women's gymnastic teams have some events exclusive to them.

I'd like to see one of those muscular male gymnasts on his tippy toes on that narrow little balance beam, then do two backflips before dismounting. Maybe men shouldn't have equal rights because they can't do that?

By the same token, I don't think the women could do the rings very well--they require too much upper body strength for them.

"Equal to" doesn't mean "the same as." In my home cats and dogs are equal, but they're not the same.

I think this is a point a dozen people have made already and some just don't get it.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Sestias]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join