It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails or Chemtrails?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I know that ATS, and indeed the entire internet is probably already awash with "chemtrail" photos, much like ET/bigfoot/orb photos, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to add my own. I'm not making any claims with these photos one way or another, I myself am somewhat undecided on this whole issue. I just saw all these lines in the sky this morning and figured they were worthy of a few photos. Make of them what you will...

Info:
For the sake of transparency I will mention that these photos have been edited with GIMP (an open-source version of Photoshop) to crop/reduce image size, cut buildings out of pictures, etc. I don't know if hoaxing is common with "chemtrail" photos similar to UFO photos, but I can provide 5 original unedited 3072x2304 pictures if for some reason somebody wants a closer inspection.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
About an hour later, the clear sky in the first pictures is starting to become almost "cloudy" as the lines disperse across the sky... don't know if people want to see some images of that as well. Similar to in the third picture if you look at the horizon... that isn't clouds, that is the concentrated chemtrails/contrails beginning to drift.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Super duper simple for you guys out their, get an IFR chart from any airport, flightschool, pilot supply store, etc. for your area, look at the V-airoutes( victor airways) If you cannot figure it out, hire a flight instructor to help you better understand the routes jets/airplanes take. You will quickly find that after researching how Contrails work, you will have debunked your Chemtrail Myth.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Same thing is happening right now in the sky where I am. A plane flew by. Left a trail. And now there is a massive white hanging mist that spreads out and gets bigger and bigger covering a larger and larger area as time goes by.

Contrails my butt.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 38181

How come I never saw anything like this in the 80's and 90's? Explain that to me.

[edit on 8-16-2008 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The first and the second image are of contrails which disperse in the sky after some time, the third image clearly proves that it is contrail by a jetliner

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
reply to post by 38181

How come I never saw anything like this in the 80's and 90's? Explain that to me.

You weren't looking? Fact is they existed then for the same reasons they exist now. Just because you didn't notice them , plenty of others did. And photographed them. And studied them.

contrailscience.com...

btw there's an image further down this page:

contrailscience.com...

which gives an idea of just how extensive air traffic is over the USA. 87,000 flights a day!!! And I thought it was bad in Britain with a mere 7,500 aircraft flying over us every day. No wonder you're seeing more and more contrails!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I'm from Canada.

lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The reason I think that something is amiss with the "contrail" "chemtrail"
controversy is that if, chemtrails are just water vapor; why is there sometimes a yellow, greasy looking sundog rather than a nice multi colored rainbow, usually associated with water vapor, ala contrail?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
For anyone wishing to disperse these chem trails there are simple solutions which can be purchased online or built yourself. An Orgonite cloud buster will disperse all chem trails in a few mile radius.

More info can be found here or by searching Google.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Look at some of the 1940's Military pictures of B-29, B-17, etc at high altitude and those even produce Contrails due to the Superchargers in the engines.

So what you are telling me is they had Chemtrails before the Roswell incident????

[edit on 16-8-2008 by 38181]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just watched the 1969 film 'Battle of Britain' (should be compulsory viewing for all schoolkids IMO)

Lots of rather interesting chemtrails in that!

So yes, what people today call chemtrails were definitely around before Roswell!

Whaaa:can you provide examples? Sundogs are caused by refraction of light through ice crystals. I can't think of a means whereby other chemicals might cause different results but perhaps you have data that may prove otherwise?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Chemtrails are likely a result of the NATO Aerosolized Defense Grid That was implemented in the late 1990's.

Countries who have recently joined NATO are also being subjected to this grid and are not happy about it; Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. As the others just before (Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic in 1999, East-Germany in 1990) are all obligated to follow certain policies and allowing the defense grid to be applied in their aerospace. The citizenry is not consulted and does not have a say in these type of operations.

Whenever a country joins NATO - you will see that their citizenry quickly becomes aware of the chemtrail phenomenon and will begin to form groups to inform others and protest the spraying. These groups often lobby politicians aswell as create websites and leaflets to inform others.

It is likely that the planes spraying the chemicals that facilitate the operation of the NATO Aerosolized Defense Grid are from other NATO countries. The planes that create chemtrails are likely not piloted by members belonging to the military of the country over which they are applying the Grid. This ensures a certain level of detachment from the crime being committed.

The operations appear to be highly classified, and pilots told their actions are benevolent - it is likely they are told they are "Saving the environment" or something to that effect. I have no doubt they would face immediate court martial if they were to leak any data pertaining to this man-made phenomenon.

here are some interesting patents that will indicate some of the military uses for chemtrails.

www.freepatentsonline.com...

-This technology is used to amplify and increase the effectiveness of this technology:

www.patentstorm.us...

-this weapons system's ability to detect and destroy an object is vastly increased with heavy metal particulate in the air, effectively converting a laser into a particle beam weapon.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by TruthTellist
-this weapons system's ability to detect and destroy an object is vastly increased with heavy metal particulate in the air, effectively converting a laser into a particle beam weapon.

The first patent you linked to is for a system that is, essentially a form of chaff used to show target drones

The present invention is for a powder generator requiring no heat source to emit a "contrail" with sufficient visibility to aid in visual acquisition of an aircraft target vehicle and the like. The term "contrail" was adopted for convenience in identifying the visible powder trail of this invention. Aircraft target vehicles are used to simulate aerial threats for missile tests and often fly at altitudes between 5,000 and 20,000 feet at speeds of 300 and 400 knots or more. The present invention is also suitable for use in other aircraft vehicles to generate contrails or reflective screens for any desired purpose.

The second is for a proposed laser radar system to detect stealth aircraft as they are unable to reflect the small wavelengths of the laser beam, and the patent makes no mention of needing particulates in the atmosphere in order to aid its operation (and yes, I read it)

A particle beam weapon doesn't use "airborne" particles

A particle beam is an accelerated stream of charged particles or atoms (often moving at very near the speed of light) which may be directed by magnets and focused by electrostatic lenses, although they may also be self-focusing

There is a difference between "particles" and "particulates" of the aerosol variety in this context.

Putting particulates in front of a laser beam will diminish its capabilites, as light waves will be scattered by whatever they encounter. (which is, ironically, one of the claims made as being "proof" of "chemtrails" to reflect light back out and reduce global warming)

As such, I'm not seeing the science in your claims at all.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Whaaa:can you provide examples? Sundogs are caused by refraction of light through ice crystals. I can't think of a means whereby other chemicals might cause different results but perhaps you have data that may prove otherwise?

Perhaps "sundog" was the wrong term. What I'm referring to is the greasy, yellow, tinged with blue "rainbow" that I often see after a particularly heavy spraying of chemtrail/contrails. What causes that?
Is it possible to take a spectrograph analysis of what is in the chem/contrails. I'm still on the fence on this issue but seeing the arrogant often rude comments by the "scientists" it isn't helping their debunking cause. In fact I'm beginning to see a debunking conspiracy. I guess I should expect such a thing on ATS where all sorts of conspiracy's abound.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Sundogs:

Iridescence:

Both are also a lot more common than people realise, though you do need to know where and when to look for them
Since they are caused by refraction of light through ice crystals, it may well be they they are becoming more common due to the effects of greatly increased air.

new topics

top topics

join