It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrong info in US media about Georgia-Russia conflict??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Why does media in US giving people wrong info about Georgia-Russia conflict???

It's well known in Europe that Georgia attacked South Ossetia first. They were killing people for around 15hours before Russian troops came there. People living in South Ossetia are russians and even have Russian passports. Georgia president stated less than 24 hours before the attack that he declares "peace" from his side and then at night he sent his army in South Ossetia and the killed more than 1000 people before Russian army came there. If Russia did attack first then most people wouldn't run in russia like they did. People will never run to the country that is trying to kill them.
But as i see media in US are trying to make their own story from this. Few days ago on CNN were the tape of "russians attacking Gori" .... the camerman that made this tape was russian and he stated the public that this was the video of Georgian army attackin Tskhinvali.
It's a major missinfo from the US media and people need to know this ...... here're few links .....

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-8-2008 by baburak]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well, I think the information is generally better in Europe, but there were some news reporter here in Sweden as well talking about Russia as the aggressor in this conflict.

Ive been following the conflict using Reuters and they have reported what really happened throughout the conflict so I recommend them.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
And few more facts about SO.
SO is independent country from 1992 which is not approved from the US and big part of the EU (Kosovo is - almost the same case - weird). 90% of people in SO are Russians ..... they speak Russian, the have Russian passport, they even have the same religion. In Georgia it's complitely different in all ways. SO declared independance from Georgia in 1992. So as you can see Georgia attacked another country with russian residents after they declared peace. Russia as every other country doesn't want to see someone killing their residents - it's a genocide. You think that US would just watch if someone attacked a country with 90% of US residents ???
As you can see in media , they're telling complitely different story.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust Reuters .

ossetians.com...

Sorry about the long link .

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil
I wouldn't trust Reuters .

ossetians.com...

Sorry about the long link .

Who was the source of the pictures? Reuters, like everyone else, buys pictures from whoever took them.

That being put aside, I think they are interesting. Seems very much like a scam. Actors running around, trying to make up pictures for the world.

top topics

join