It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Between Asleep and Awake: Do you hear voices?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It is scary stuff. One theory that i heard was that some people only use one hemesphere of the brain and that stem cells trigger off the sleeping side at night. This in turn brings us up to a higher level of consciousness, not experiences by the norm. Apparently it is rare, but we are all here! lol Or at least some of us are. So maybe we do all have special abilities, but we just don't know enough about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valkyr8

I've been haveing ummm.... other experiences too, and they do go together. Both the weird language and other experiences.
Valkyr

Like what? Something sexual?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
That is what is strange to me. I couldn't pretend to speak either of those languages on my best day.

- Lee

I couldn't pretend to dream most of my dreams on my best day either.
Isn't that the whole point?

When you have those experiences you do not "pretend" them yourself right, they just happen to you, just like dreams ''just happen".

Dreams, just like hypnagogic imagery, are things you do not ''actively'' make up, just like one is daydreaming and then suddenly feels like gravity shifted 90 degrees, causing the person to fall out of his chair.

I can ensure you that that person did not ''actively'' think about gravity shifting like that and pulling him out of his chair.

Unless they were lucid of course, in which case there is the possibility of them trying to create that effect on purpose.

Also that post of the person being able to see with his eyes closed is perfectly logical, considering hypnagogic imagery is projected through your mind, not through reality itself.

People trying to get WILD's (wake induced lucid dreams) usually experience this and the general ''thought'' is to let those images and voices just wander rather than focusing on them, to successfully enter a lucid dream without losing consciousness.

For more information on dreaming / hypnagogic imagery or supernatural stuff like ''shared dreaming'' , out of body experiences etc, you can go to the dreamviews forums where they discuss about everything related to these subjects.

On a sidenote, I had a false awakening today. Basically it's ''dreaming'' that you wake up, without waking up. Everything seems to be real except that weird stuff can happen to ruin the reality. (Eg. in my case I woke up, tried to find some underpants to put on and they were all covered in ''skidmarks'' if you know what I mean, lol. That made me think something wasn't right.

[edit on 17/8/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

I've been haveing ummm.... other experiences too, and they do go together. Both the weird language and other experiences.
Valkyr

No nothing like that. I do not allow myself to dream like that. It's something very different. It's beyond the boarder of believability so I'll keep that to myself. I'm actually going to seek help from someone who knows about that sorta thing and has tons of experience in it. Strange things have been happening to me for the past week and I need to go to some one who understands and may be able to help me understand.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
reply to post by Valkyr8

Can you go into more detail about what comes AFTER the voices?
I'm curious because sometimes there is a bit more to it.

- Lee

Can't reply to your U2U yet. I don't have 20 posts, I'm still very new here. I came here specifically to ATS to speak to some one who comes here about it. Will reply to you when I have 20 posts.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Valkyr

No nothing like that. I do not allow myself to dream like that. It's something very different. It's beyond the boarder of believability so I'll keep that to myself. I'm actually going to seek help from someone who knows about that sorta thing and has tons of experience in it. Strange things have been happening to me for the past week and I need to go to some one who understands and may be able to help me understand.

Why not post here? A lot of people experience these things, who knows maybe someone else knows what your talking about because it happens to them too.

Also I'm curious.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
As open minded as I am about many things, I still might not have posted anything about this - if you had not first.
Yes, this happens - often.
I've been trying to *accept* these voices (in my opinion the first step on understanding them), to better understand them.
What caught my attention more than anything was your point of multiple languages.
You bet.
I'm a lucid dreamer - been working on it forever - but - this *voice* thing is all in about itself.
I want to know more.
Guess I'll go take a nap, lol.
No, really, it's wonderful comforting - but horribly frustrating at the same time.
Are they talking to me?
Am I overhearing something I should? Or should not?
The voices are *there* inside me, not heard through my ears - does that mean *they* can hear my thoughts?
So many questions it brings up!
And more and more!
Anyway, thanks for the post.
Pleasant Dreams!

link   
I've experienced something similar. I rarely heard voices while drifting off to sleep. I would hear music. Sometimes there was a singer but most of the time it was just instrumental. Sometimes it would be songs I heard before but the majority of the time it would be something I've never heard before. There were those rare times the music would suddenly stop and I would hear a voice talking directly to me calling my name and the likes. And there was one time I experienced SP. I couldn't move, felt as though someone was putting pressure on my chest and I heard voices on the other side of the room some familiar some I've never heard. Since I have moved I haven't had any experiences. I wish I still heard the music.

link   
I hear muffled voices that I can't understand or muffled music. The other night it was music, and I even got up to see if the neighbors had hung wind chimes outside. Also there used to be this weird "radar" thing that I would see when I closed my eyes. It looked like a small, dull gray circle against a black background with a straight, darker "arm" sweeping around and around, clockwise like a radar screen. It never changed in appearance or speed, and I saw it many nights before falling asleep. I used to think, if I am going to see something, why THAT boring thing?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I'm a lucid dreamer - been working on it forever - but - this *voice* thing is all in about itself.

However, your non-lucid dream is all in by itself is it not?

And if you happen to know a thing or two about WILD-ing and have experienced Hypnagogic Imagery, those things are all in by itself as well are they not?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I know exactly what you are experiencing. It is the first stages of OBE or out of body experience. It is when you soul or what have you separates from the body just before REM sleep. Most of us do not experience it of course because we are in a deeper state of consciousness. The "humming' is your awareness to the vibrational frequency in which we exist.

If you want a deeper perspective read "Adventures beyond the Body" and "Secret of the Soul" both by William Buhlman. Excellent books, they are my "bibles" so to speak.

It can be unnerving and even frightful, but be rest assured that it is a blessing to experience this. And in those books he explains how you can gain control of the experience over time with practice and transcend through many levels of dimension. I've been practicing control of it for almost 4 years now, i started experiencing this about 6-7 years as well. But trust me it is very hard to harness, especially if you are ADD like me, heh heh heh....

Welcome to the OBE club.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I hear voices, sometimes, as I'm falling asleep. I don't get how that is anything more than a cool bit of psychiatry.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
what are you talking about........you are always asleep ...you only think you are awake

those are noises coming from the other dimensions. Learn to stay awake/conscious and you can become aware of where they lead to. Sometimes we tune into images first or sounds, then we latch onto them and enter the other worlds. But you havent stored enough energy to remember what u did when u come back. Because u were sleeping in those worlds just like u are sleeping now.

ITs all sleeping or all awake or something in between

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What we see with our eyes and hear with our ears is not really REAL.

What I mean is, what we see is actually what our brain tells us we see. Our eyes and ears sends signals to the brain, and our brain translates the world around us with those tools.

So what we hear when going to sleep, what we see in dreams, OBE etc. Is not simply an illusion. Because what IS real? Everything we see and hear in the physical world is from our brain too. Is that also an illusion?

What I'm trying to say is, why do people come to the conclusion that this is all hallucinations so quickly?

[edit on 17-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
wow

well, I cannot say that I hear these things when I go to sleep

I am bipolar so my meds prolly interfere with this were it to be happening to me normally

although

Sometimes when I hit a certain frame of mind (mania) I will hear a voice in my head, but it is my own voice yet it seems vaguely independent from my own and what ever i am thinking about, a personal problem, or how a something technically complex works...or even better stuff sometimes, the voice shifts into speed talk and it goes so fast it feels like a download and I cant process it as fast as it is coming into my head, but it stays in recallable memory, I have experienced some major epiphanies this way, even floored with info sometimes... I try to discount it as by Bipolarness, but the information is almost always correct because I check it out

I tried David Wilcock's dream journal idea and still have my blank book by the bed, everything I have written down is utter gibberish, and I cant keep from throwing my own spin to it so I have to get better at it

However

Sometimes I will be up for 2-3 days and with that comes hallucination and then i hear these voices as you describe perfectly

and I mean perfectly, like I am at a party but I just cant focus on any one voice, so in my eyes '___' and sleep paralysis are suspect in my case

maybe this 2012 business has some juice to it an we are feeling the early effects of it somehow. Maybe we are hearing the thoughts of other people as we move closer to a telepathic race. Maybe one of you heard my thoughts last night....I was the guy asking for a cup of coffee

peace

Edit: rephrase

[edit on 17-8-2008 by _Heretic]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The voices could be side effects from smoking weed or any other drug that causes hallucanations.

When i was at school, we had a video shown to us about drugs , one of the guys in it did smoke weed heavily and was an addict, he said tht he heard voices in his head when he was drifting off to sleep,he said they were having conversations.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepy ALEX
The voices could be side effects from smoking weed or any other drug that causes hallucanations.

When i was at school, we had a video shown to us about drugs , one of the guys in it did smoke weed heavily and was an addict, he said tht he heard voices in his head when he was drifting off to sleep,he said they were having conversations.

Nope, never smoke anything.

It's all about the state of mind while the body falls alseep, but your mind stays awake.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have heard the voices as well. It didn't happen for me often, but now and then when I was younger. It's been a long time since the last time and I had actually forgotten about my experiences until I read the OP's post. I wonder if it's age related as I had other experiences like "near death" as well when I was in my twenties. I will try and tune in again tonight if I remember. I seem to fall asleep very quickly most nights.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Op you might find this thread interesting and informative;

Here

It is a time of profound altered states of consciousness in the twilight zone indeed!

Njoy

Elf.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by MischeviousElf]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join