It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Between Asleep and Awake: Do you hear voices?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hi Lee,

I have experienced the same thing for years now. I have noticed that it is more prevalent if I'm stressed about something or overly tired. However, it has only woken me up / pulled me out of the near sleep state a few times. I don't let it get to me unless I really need the sleep and keep getting pulled back out.

Good thread, I usually don't tell people this sort of thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
YES!! I definitly do!! I have for as long as I can remember. There is a woman who speaks directly to me. I talk to her in my head and we can and do converse. She has been with me my whole life.

Thank you for posting this!

But recently along with her I'm now hearing another language. One that I have never heard before. I'm 32 years old so I've heard many languages from all over the world. But this I've NEVER heard. I can't even mimic a single sound or word it's so strange and complex!

I've been haveing ummm.... other experiences too, and they do go together. Both the weird language and other experiences. I'll here the language before something happens at night. To me it's a precurser to what is come a little later in the night.

Be well and be blessed everyone!
Valkyr

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've started a thread discussing sleep paralysis and how quite possibly the emotional state can affect the 'feeling' of the lucid event.

I've mentioned my experience of hearing speed up voices, almost like i'm listening to a conversation on a slightly untuned radio. Also the awareness of the amount of static and electricity in a room and sometimes it's like i can hear conversations from other times and places...

I too was worried that i'm going crazy, but then you mentioned '___' and its release during dream states.... Is that true? I had no real idea that '___' was the chemical responsible, although i was aware that it was hormonal/biological...

Although I have read quite a lot about it, something to do with pineal gland which is your forehead or third eye. Apparantly when that is 'awakened' people can start affecting reality in some form or other...

So maybe it's the same things that mystics and seers and enlightened folk used to talk about, when they were in tune with nature..

Maybe another term for being awakened is 'consciously activating the '___' gland', altering our perception of reality, therefore seeing the manifestations of thought and electrostatic energy.

Maybe that's what all this talk of aura's consist of. The aura is essentially the electrostatic field, a different 'shade' or 'tuning' can be noticed. We as people all emit and receive energy, in the form of vibrations and without sounding all pseudo-spiritual here, let me be the first to say i'm an atheist, who strongly believes the universe consists of harmonic patterns, represented in many forms....

With the aid of a natural yet complex chemical build up, our patterns of perception change, possibly (and i'm speaking on pure speculation based on personal research and experience) enhancing our ability to receive the invisible signals...

An example being sound frequencies, with the human range of hearing ranging 22hz to 22khz, with the lower end being bass frequencies (harder to diffuse, these frequencies can pass through walls and solid items as they have a slower, deeper vibration), whilst the higher end is the sharper, higher frequencies which dissipate faster as they consist of faster, condensed waves.
What my point is, even below 22hz even though we cannot physically 'hear' the lower end frequencies we can still feel them (just go to any psytrance party and you'll see what i mean - lol) and above our range of hearing, such as dog whistles, they still have obvious effects...

Then with the effects of tones and timbre, the physical and mental effects of sounds in certain keys and harmony, how a tune can make you feel nostalgic or melancholic or happy or angry etc...

Now imagine those frequencies just out of ear shot and audible range, playing certain tones (again affecting our mood) but we are totally unaware of, essentialy unconsciously changing to those secret tones and frequencies...

Maybe, just maybe our natural aura's and electostatic fields are the things that respond to those inaudible tones, and maybe just maybe its the unconscious power of the mind that creates those changes.

The more people are depressed and unarmed and scared and trapped in the 'flock like' tone, then they are easier to control, such is the power of psychological warfare, and any individuals acting on their own thoughts or creative tones are punished by the forces that be, effectively stopping the creative being from altering the mood and also strengthening the horrible overtones of control, by setting an example to any other would be free thinkers / free souls.

Hence why we have fashion, hence why individuality in a western sense is often frowned upon....

Hence the reason this naturally occuring chemical is illegal.

Also I believe dark things are created through the power of mass consciousness, such as the media and television programming and the like.

Like i mentioned in my thread, with my first real experience of Sleep paralysis, i believe i enhanced the negativity of the first experience by feeding it with my scared vibes...

This is my theory, I think about it a lot....

* - On a side note, does anyone know if schizophrenia can possibly be caused by either A) a lack of '___' or B) An overdose of '___'.... It would be interesting to find out i think.

Peace

MR - L

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
this thread definitely struck a nerve haha, this happens to me everytime I go to sleep. I've learned to deal with it as a sign of me getting ready to float off.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Perhaps its conversations you hear threw out the day that you dont really pay attention too, that are playing back in your head? Idk just a thought.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

this also happens to me regularly, also during the initial hours prior to awaking properly in the morning. Whilst it is occuring I feel like I am comprehending the information, however during waking moments I can never recall the content, other times it seems like some stream of conciousness or at times I get the impression I am being "read" large tracts of information from other sources, almost like a radio report. These "radio" episodes always give me the lasting impression I am being fed information that seems to have a context I am not aware of, as if it is part of a greater whole that I am not privy to. Strange - I'm glad its not just me then!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The astral plane is what you imagine it to be, but then is it not real at least in your mind? But then where is your mind if there's a place inside it?

Deja Vu is normal, and as they say, "DON'T PANIC in really big bold letters."

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I hear voices to when im about to fall asleep on my couch, i sometimes hear a female voice, but its like she is in my head.
She doesnt yell but speaks very clearly.
Its like she is whispering in my ear.

It happens very rarely and always when im about to fall asleep on my couch, she says:

"Steven, go to bed"

Then i wake up like something scared me, and i drag myself to bed.

btw i live alone, so there is nobody around.

[edit on 17/8/2008 by Enuma Elish]

[edit on 17/8/2008 by Enuma Elish]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by apk4o7mxb
I see the same thing! My eyes are closed but when I'm going through this state I see with my eyes closed but I'm awake.

Exactly.

This has happened to me more times than I can remember. Sometimes though there is a presence in the room that I can see or sense. One time in particular comes to mind.

There was one time I was watching my wife sitting on the bed beside me as I slept but couldn't move and couldn't wake up. I could clearly see the room, only there was a figure there as well. He or it was beside my bed and was doing 'something' with some sort of device. I clearly said 'what are you doing to me!?" in anger but got no rel ply so I started to wiggle my hips since that is all I could move. I saw her turn to me and say my name but then she turned right back to watching TV. Frustrated I started to wiggle more violently and then she shook me and I came out of it. I 'woke" up. As I did I saw the residual of a figure walking away but fading out quickly.

Now the whole time I thought I was awake as I saw this whole thing happen but she said I was asleep and snoring with my back to her. She just saw me Jerking around.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Valkyr8

Can you go into more detail about what comes AFTER the voices?
I'm curious because sometimes there is a bit more to it.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199
Hi Lee,

I have experienced the same thing for years now. I have noticed that it is more prevalent if I'm stressed about something or overly tired. However, it has only woken me up / pulled me out of the near sleep state a few times. I don't let it get to me unless I really need the sleep and keep getting pulled back out.

Good thread, I usually don't tell people this sort of thing.

Thanks for the response.

I also don't usually tell people this sort of thing but it was really late and I was thinking I should ask this for some reason. I was literally falling asleep as I was typing the opening post.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
well ive heard people talk while i was meditating to quite recently 2 voices i heard talking about something rather not sure any way one of them was male the other female the female said my name then she didint say anything else then the male said something which i cant remember did really understand him any ways then i the background was black well i did have my eyes closed then i tuned out opened my eyes and wondered WTF

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I suffer sp and have done for years. I have put a few things about my sp on the sp thread. I usually get in twice a year. Once in the autumn/winter or in the spring. I have worked that much out. One time i clearly heard voices as if i was on a parade ground, with the sergeant shouting what sounded like orders. I was a bit muffled, but who ever was doing the shouting could clearly be heard. There was a bright light outside the window shining into the bedroom. I thought it was kids messing around in the carpark behind at first and that they had set the security light off. It was never that bright though and when i realised i was in paralysis, that's when i knew something wasn't right. Another time i heard a airaid siren going on whilst in sp. It was so loud i was convinced it was real in the fact that by rights should have got the whole street up! I never did get my head around that one either. I wasn't asleep, that's what makes me laugh, no where near it. How can you sleep with all that going on? Someone told me once that they get sp and that they get voices all the time. It has wrecked this poor guys life. He is deaf now and is convinced it is caused by satalites. I have an open mind on all this, but because of the things that have happened to me i must confess i tend to believe more in aliens than i ever did before. I have also heard that there is a connection with stem cells.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

i do the exact same thing all my life along with some other strange things that cannot be explained with words, but yes, thousands of conversations and can sometimes hit a sentance that i can understand, but i can do it all the time as long as there is complete silence and i just concentrate on it.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
i'm pretty sure there is a natural psychological explanation for this, i can't remember what it's called though, look it up.

i've had this a couple of times, the last time i was just dropping off to sleep and i swear some woman said "hey up duck" really loud in my ear. scared the crap out of me!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

Thanks for the response and for bringing up the valid point of Hypnagogic Imagery. I have heard of this and I suppose it could be simply written off as being Hypnagogic Imagery but there are times when some of the voices are speaking an entirely different language from my own that I do not know how to speak yet seem real. For example, I've heard Spanish and even what sounded like Japanese being spoken fluently.

That is what is strange to me. I couldn't pretend to speak either of those languages on my best day.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I can still remember when I first received voices like that was when I had to chose the devil or God for I could not be in the both. I later began a journey of many decades refining the good knowledge that gives God's warroirs to weapon or armor to protect while doing the Lord's work.

There is something occurring between the conscience and unconscience state that lets the voices to start talking to myself once the voices started talking more with me as time went by I could hear these voices when a challange ahead needed focused action as to affect the outcome for the Good.

I have learned to be still and wait for the Word. Hope all is well for you.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
this is what is happening.i have had this and once when i was about 8ish i saw a evil looking person(like a messed up clown) in my room.and i also hear voices shouting and phones ringing.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

use to happen to me all the time when i was a kid . . . it hasn't happened to me for a very long time though. Perhaps i was sick when i was a little boy, or maybe i've just learned to subconsciously suppress whatever it was i was hearing. I think i know what you're talking about.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Perhaps what you are hearing are voices from the spirit world. For some that believe in life after death, the spirit world is near to us, though we cannot see it.
Perhaps sometimes we can "tune into" the spirit realm and hear those that have passed on. Sometimes they can be random people you hear, that speak different languages, and sometimes you will hear people you know. Sometimes you may even have your own personal revelation about your future, or something that could happen to you and is shown to you as a warning. Perhaps you may even have a guide helping you along the way.

Once I heard my grandfather speaking, and he has been dead now for many years. I could not see him but I heard him speak, but could not clearly make out what he said, it was like he was speaking to someone else that was with him. I was fully awake when this happened.

Another time I heard a male voice speaking in Russian. I have been learning russian for the past year, but I heard him clearly though I could not understand what he said (damn it!)
. I was also fully awake when this happened.

I have seen spirit's too. But very rarely as I think they know it scares the crap outta me. Once I saw a woman walk into my kitchen, and I was so shocked I ran out of the house with my bag. I left my keys to the house in my bedroom and I had locked myself outside... I had to walk to a friends place so they could take me to work.

I also have had "visions" or what menguard calls holodeck projections where you see and hear people depending on the situation, its like when your vision goes hazy white and in the middle you see people, and are shown things, I won't go into it but it's like your brain is being plugged into some other realm. (It's pretty trippy)
I am fully awake when this happens and am not in any dream like state. It starts with a sensation that travels up from your waist to your neck, like a wave of shivers. I don't have them often, and they are quite difficult to understand but I am now going to write down all that I see and hear, so maybe one day I can make some sort of sense out of it all.

As for my sanity. I am the most down to earth, sanest person I know. I don't do drugs and had not had alcohol before hand. Why does it happen? I don't have a clue. Perhaps for some it is a gift, and for others a curse.

You might even want to check out menguards post... ""Higher light answers for questions" I found it quite interesting.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join