It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia vows to act the same if attacked again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Russia vows to act the same if attacked again

www.thenational.ae

Russia's president, Dmitri Medvedev, said today his country would respond in a way similar to its actions in Georgia this month if its citizens or forces came under attack again. The Kremlin leader, addressing a news conference with Ms Merkel, said no one should be in any doubt about Russia's response if its people came under attack. "If someone continues to attack our citizens, our peacekeepers, we will of course respond in just the same way we have responded. There should be no doubt..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
And they should act the same way. This is about Russian people dying and ruthlessly being killed, attacked by US-Israeli backed lunatics. Russia was ready then and it is ready now.

Go ahead, drag us into another war, Georgie. Except this time when Americans die en masse, it will probably be at home as well as in foreign territory. The Russians aren't stupid, and they are better prepared than us to protect their populations, especially when they strike first.

www.thenational.ae
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Yes they should. They have every right to defend themselfs, just like any other country, including Iran.

Its not up to the United States to decide who are the bad guys of the world!

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

My Sean Hannity-filter finds your post most unAmerican and worthy of many bumper-sticker labels.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The thing is...... Other then Russian peace keepers in the disputed area none of the people there were "Russians" They are all georgians or if you recognize ossetia as a seperate country .ossetians.......

Mehh the entire thing is confusing as hell.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfmanjack

The thing is...... Other then Russian peace keepers in the disputed area none of the people there were "Russians" They are all georgians or if you recognize ossetia as a seperate country .ossetians.......

they were russians as of 2000 when they applied for and were granted russian citizenship and got passports

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think you "blame America"folks should move to Russia.There you blame your country you die.In America we fight for freedom,all peoples freedom even your freedom to run down your country.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bama camper
I think you "blame America"folks should move to Russia.There you blame your country you die.In America we fight for freedom,all peoples freedom even your freedom to run down your country.

I think the blame America folks should stay here and keep blaming America for things they deserved to be blamed for. Besides, if we all moved to Russia, they'd just pick right up and move here.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfmanjack

My Sean Hannity-filter finds your post most unAmerican and worthy of many bumper-sticker labels.

Wow, dejavoo.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I think you "blame America"folks should move to Russia.There you blame your country you die.

Really? Is this like one of those "In Soviet Russia, car drives you" jokes? Let me guess: they all live in stick huts, too?

I think everyone too immature to accept a difference opinions (all the "so and so need to move out" people) just needs to shut their mouths. If someone doesn't agree with you, they aren't going to move, so stop crying and deal with it. If your government sucks then you at least have to listen to everybody bitch about it. More compassionate people actually give two damns about how their actions affect everyone else.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I have to believe that there is something other than a zero sum game that we can aspire to. There has to be a solution other than 1) Russia wins or 2) America wins, because either scenario would be rife with senseless (in my opinion) deaths on each side of the conflict.

I don't agree with, and vehemently oppose, the policies not only of our current administration, but those of countless administrations before them. That doesn't mean that I want us to get our rears handed to us either though, because the needless suffering it would entail for both sides is too horrible to even imagine for me.

Both sides can't have their cake and eat it too without bloodshed, but I have to believe that there is some means - however improbable seeming or difficult - that both sides can avoid bloodshed and coexist. I know that the elite on both sides (or perhaps there's only one side for all we know) may not want that to happen, but I have to maintain the belief that it's possible.

Otherwise, what is there to do other than count down the minutes of the doomsday clock? I refuse to surrender hope on a silver platter in the face of what, in my opinion, would be the epitomy of insanity.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

IF America were indeed fighting for freedom, or rather backing freedom, we would have sided with the South Ossetians and the Russians. We would have cut off aid to Georgia and let Russia have it's way with the moron running Georgia.

It was the Georgians who attacked,
it was the Georgians that drew first blood and killed thousands of civilians, including Americans,
It was the Georgians that got what they deserved by having the Russian infantry stomp their ass in the ground.
And it's the US that should stay the hell out of Russia's backyard if the US doesnt want Russian Backfire bombers in Cuba and Venezuela.

No one could be more patriotic than me, I am a former US Marine and I work for the defense industry - Hell, I'm even for attacking Iran - but If George Bush had fore-knowledge or encouraged this Georgian affair then he has absolutely lost his mind and needs to be replaced post-haste.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bama camper

Can you tell us what's wrong with living in Russia? I take it, US is the only place in the world with freedom, if I understand you correctly.

If you have noticed, our spread of "freedom" means converting others at gun point to a democratic nation. This convert or die mentality is not freedom. You cannot force people to accept your views as freedom, when you're taking away their choice of goverment.

This entire war between Russia and Georgia probably all started because Georgia thought they had the "freedom" to kill people with US backing them.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
reply to post by Bama camper

Can you tell us what's wrong with living in Russia? I take it, US is the only place in the world with freedom, if I understand you correctly.

If you have noticed, our spread of "freedom" means converting others at gun point to a democratic nation. This convert or die mentality is not freedom. You cannot force people to accept your views as freedom, when you're taking away their choice of goverment.

This entire war between Russia and Georgia probably all started because Georgia thought they had the "freedom" to kill people with US backing them.

let's also keep in mind that even nations that have democratically elected governments are not totally in the clear... i mean wasn't the Hamas gov't elected? its about towing lines for a certain ideology rather than typology.

back on topic, this american positioning is nothing new or unique. its about america having rights to any conflicts world wide. something goes awry, America is the one to deal with it, and no one else.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Cross us and we will crush you, warns Medvedev

Dmitry Medvedev, the Russian President, today promised a “shattering” blow against any foreign power that moved against Russian citizens.

The threat will compound the fears of former Soviet states which are concerned that they could be next after the Russian attack on Georgia.

“If someone thinks they can kill our citizens, kill soldiers and officers fulfilling the role of peacekeepers, we will never allow this,” Mr Medvedev told a group of Second World War veterans in Kursk. “Anyone who tries to do this will receive a shattering blow.”

He continued: “Russia has the capabilities — economic, political and military. Nobody has any illusions left about that.”

Russian resolve is clear. Bush's imperialism goes as far as the bear's den, but that's about it.

new topics

top topics

join