It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the bigfoot press conference meant to be a distraction to the Russian-Georiga conflict?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I'm just curious. I'm not talking about the person who held the press conference. I don't think he was involved in any conspiracy here. It's just that the major media outlets-- have reported that bigfoot was found in Georgia. I'm just wondering if this discovery has been used in any way by the media to get people's minds off of the Georgia-Russian conflict that we just had.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Most likely is, since they just came about this randomly.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I think it was to get us to thinking that everything's alright over there. When it's not. The Russians lied.

UBER STUPID!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I tend to agree.

Human interest stories of a lighthearted nature are quite good at lightening up the mood in light of stressful events.

And after the onslaught of horror and atrocities over the past 10 years, I was rather relieved to hear of it, hoax or not.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

you know that the bigfoot was found in the georgia in the united states, south of the mason dixon line and that russian tanks are presently rolling through georgia the former soviet republic, not the southern united states, right?

the correct answer to your question is "no".

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Slothrop

Yes, I'm aware of this, but my point was that the bigfoot press conference has been used to detract our attention from the Russia-Georgia conflict. I mentioned that they found bigfoot in Georgia because the media knows that people would laugh because they would correlate the US state Georgia as a former Soviet Union state and notice the irony.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A "bigfoot conference" might easily distract those of sub-normal intellect but it begs the question, why would anyone want or need to distract these people when they are already thoroughly distracted by a seemingly endless array of asinine dramas of their own making?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well, I'm glad it's Bigfoot distractind our attention this time, instead of another politician or other public figure being busted for some sex-in-the-bathroom type of transgression.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I'm sorry but John Edwards has admitted to an affair.

www.reuters.com...

So you can't really say that they haven't tried to detract our attention away from the conflict already with that.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Just did a Google news search on 'Georgia'.

Got tons of stuff on the war but nothing on Bigfoot.

So maybe psych distraction but not a search-engine snuffer.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think that it may have been a combination of a distraction from world events, and an attempt to make the blogosphere look bad. Michael Rivero of WRH said on his radio show that the was deluged with e-mails demanding that he just had to put the Bigfoot story on his website. The story was even on MS talk radio, so you know it was being pushed by someone.

new topics

top topics

join