It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is your "type"?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
for me i guess it's trashy, alternative looking chicks which i know is totally 90s of me but what can i do? i like punk girls in particular...weird hair and lots of leather. piercings are alright, tats are pretty awesome except you know they won't look good in a few years...but i'm not exactly planning on growing old with these girls anyway.

if i'm going to be in a relationship with a girl, then brainy is a must. brainy and funny are the most important qualities, plus good taste in books and records.

i also like girls who wear glasses. an ironically preppy look like with glasses and neckties is mucho excellento. pink hair, school tie and glasses...now that makes me miss living in greenwich village.

so what is everybody's type?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I like depressed, unstable, skinny little underage girls with absolutely no self esteem. They get bonus points if they're suicidal and even more bonus points if they're masochistic. Being an orphan is also a bonus. I hate it if they try to mouth off, so I suppose being dumb is another admirable trait.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeedMeACat
I like depressed, unstable, skinny little underage girls with absolutely no self esteem. They get bonus points if they're suicidal and even more bonus points if they're masochistic. Being an orphan is also a bonus. I hate it if they try to mouth off, so I suppose being dumb is another admirable trait.

i'm confused--what gave you the idea that dumb girls talked less than smart ones? in my experience, the exact opposite is true.

also, if they're skinny why would they have low self-esteem?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have lots of tattoos and nerd glasses.

Well I like skinny (but fit) guys. I know it makes me sound really shallow but body size matters. I also like the "alternative" type a partner, tattoos, glasses, & body modifications are a plus. MUST be very intelligent and funny. The darker the eyes and hair the better.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'll be glad to clarify.

1. Dumb girls don't necessarily talk more than smart ones. In my experience, dumb girls who think they're smart talk more than anyone. Once you dress them down and let them realize who's boss, though, they tend to keep their mouths shut. And, in the interests of not sounding like some sort of cruel misogynist, I should point out that when truly intelligent women speak, I usually don't mind (as long as they aren't feminazis!).

2. Again this comes down to perceptions. Skinny girls have low self-esteem because they think they're fat. It helps to encourage them in this belief by giving them little comments here and there about their weight gain. And if they don't think they're fat, they find other flaws on their person which cause them worry.

Have you ever wondered why the most overweight and unattractive females tend to be the most boisterous and sexually promiscuous? It's because the closer you are to perfection, the more your inevitable blemishes stand out. Since absolutely no one can meet our idea of perfection (especially under heavy scrutiny, as most attractive girls find themselves), the most fit and beautiful often feel horribly about themselves. Meanwhile, the converse is true and the further from perfection one happens to be, the less they notice their numerous (and some - not I! - would say "repulsive") flaws.

And this is why you see so many sloppy 250-pound pizza faced girls walking around in skin-tight Juicy shorts with their sizable bellies hanging out.

Finally, I must add one last point to this discussion. I do realize that there are attractive women who are still able to retain self-confidence about their personal appearance. Even these ladies are attainable because they scare a lot of potential suitors off with this beauty and confidence. In other words, if a girl is "too attractive", most men will be afraid to approach her because they don't think they have a chance.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My type,

Someone with a good heart,

And someone i connect with,

They can be any one of the *types* I think there all beautiful

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
someone who accepts me for everything and takes my serious side, can put up with me, My best type is a girl who is spanish looking/tanned, thin, boobs about 34d, suple skin, 5 foot 5-5 foot 6. Dress size 10-14.
Nice.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Above all: It comes down to personality. The hottest guy can walk in the room, but if he's a complete jerk, I won't waste my time. Someone with a good sense of humour, and can understand my lame, dry, jokes is pretty neat. An intellegent person to talk with, someone whos up-to-date with the world and likes having discussions about it. Similiar interests are a bonus.

Physically - I'm into the tall, dark and handsome. Cookie-cutter Brad Pitt's don't really do it for me - I'm more of a David Duchovny (circa 1999ish) or Jake Gyllenhaal kinda girl. On occasion I'll be attracted to someone who has the Brad-esque to them, but I'm not into the shallow guys who KNOW they are hot, and act like it.

OH and Musicians - I have a thing for Guitar Players & Lead Singers.

Accents. I love accents. I don't know what it is, but there is something so seductive about an accent: Austrailian, English, Scottish....ohh dear.

- Carrot

[edit on 8/16/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
you would love my accept and fall in love with my looks, not that am arrogant about it. am also a musican.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Weight issues aren't the only reasons for low self-esteem. In a matter of fact, it's probably not even close to the top reason.

Me personally, i just like guys you seem "different" than everybody else. I am attracted to uniqueness.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i like the girly girl, high maintenance, mall rat type of girls. always have and always will.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
My type?
Usually..Mr.Right now, who turns out to be Mr. Wrong.
I seem to be a magnet for that.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
Accents. I love accents. I don't know what it is, but there is something so seductive about an accent: Austrailian, English, Scottish....ohh dear.

I forgot about accents. Good call! Even though people like me can't detect our own accents - I grew up in Detroit, where everybody sounds pretty "accentless" to me.

Anyway, I really like girls that have Eastern European accents and speak in broken English. Usually that goes hand-in-hand with other admirable traits, like submissiveness, poverty, sexual willingness, a tiny frame, a high tolerance of physical or verbal abuse, etc.

I also really like the way people from Boston and most of New England speak. I'll often affect this accent when I'm meeting new people or conducting business. Other accents that I enjoy using myself are New Yorker, Londoner, Welsh, Kiwi and Canadian.

On the other hand, some accents are a complete turn-off. I detest heavy Southern accents and Jamaican accents - both of which I have a lot of trouble understanding. The Southern drawl can be particularly annoying because it takes those people so damned long to get their point across and even if they may be intelligent, I can't help but view them as complete ignoramuses when they're speak like that.

I also hate some other accents, even if they aren't as hard to understand. The way people from India talk, for example, sounds silly to me and it can grate the nerves. I've been known to be rather cruel to the Indians who work at call centers when I need customer service. I also detest the way girls from the West Coast talk - especially the "Valley Girl" tongue of the Southern Californian and the "moronspeak" of the Pacific Northwest dope-smoking hippie.

I can't stand the way most immigrants sound, come to think of it. West Africans have terribly annoying accents and Asian immigrants are unintentionally funny when they speak. Hearing them makes me want to do a crude schoolboy's imitation of Chinese ("Ching chang chung chow pow pow!"). I usually can restrain myself, thankfully.

I also hate the way people from Israel and the rest of the Middle East sound. You hear them talking and you just want to blow them up!

Nobody's worse than the Mexicans, though. Obviously, the ones who yip-yap in Spanish are the worst, but I don't even like the way their American-born children sound. It's like they've developed a horrible new way of speaking. They're speaking Californian English, but you can hear the Mexican accent just below the surface.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
My type? If I had to size up a girl like a piece of meat, I suppose I'd rather her have more common sense than the regular person. I don't particularly care for looks, but I think a little weight is attractive. Being funny and not too serious is a good thing, because I can be serious enough for both of us

I literally described my girlfriend, except she's close minded towards paranormal stuff and that leads to arguments between us. I've slowly been trying to get her to open up towards ghosts, aliens, etc.

-Will

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeedMeACat
In other words, if a girl is "too attractive", most men will be afraid to approach her because they don't think they have a chance.

these are the types of women i usually pursue with a quickness. snagging very very fine women is always nice, and is also bragging rights. and lord knows i love to brag.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FeedMeACat

You are so misguided. I dont think your serious. Or maybe you dont get many dates, so you bash women.
The OP wanted to know people's type not why you (allegedly) victimize girls with low self esteem.

BTW: My type of guy is brainy and artistic- with a good sense of humor and doesnt feel the need to lie or brag about himself.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My type? Well, she must be loving, be into art and is a christian. She also should be a height similar to mine (im a little short lol)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Basically someone who is not a liar.Is that to hard to ask haha!
Weight is not really an issue as long as they are not on the extreme end of either side of the spectrum.And someone who just gets me, some do instantly while others just look at me blankly like "wtf".

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
someone who doesnt play games, says whats on her mind and has her own opinion. someone i can connect with and actually hold a conversation with. someone honest and respects herself. basically the impossible.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join