It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States has lost its moral authority

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rek2008
When Bush invaded Iraq in 2003 for B.S. reasons Bush lost his moral authority.

They "lost" their authority before they took office, during the elections when they violated the integrity of the American people by stealing the elections.

Truth be known, the American people never did legitimately vote these bastards into office.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sadly the disconnect between American rhetoric and American action has been obvious for the rest of the world for decades. It seems that the only ones who ever thought America had any sort of moral authority in the world was Americans which only goes to highlight our inflated national ego.

Time and again I have heard and read foreigners say that while they loved the American people and culture, they despised the policies of our government.

If you really want an interesting source about how the rest of the world views us check out watchingamerica.com...

[edit on 18-8-2008 by grover]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Sheeper
Thanks for being such a jerk, kind of ironic were talking about morals and all, when did Europeans become such snobby elitists, maybe they have always been like this and I am just now old enough to notice it. Our government may be up to something and it is surely involved with your governments, and if all this is true then NATO is the hub of the NWO. Russians have a right to be peeved, but it seems that Europe is turning against them aswell.

Anyway, all I really was gonna say was lets blame gov'ts here and not the people. I am certainly not embarrassed. Lets not pretend that the EU isn't under the same kind of censorship, influence and control.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with my morals. Last time I checked this thread is about America. If the video posted is true, then of course Americans are embarrassed and rightly so. Simply because it goes against everything they supposedly stand for. I suggest you read all the posts then you will see this. So please drop the personnel insults. No where in my post am I blaming the American people. There's always someone trying to pass the buck. Yes I'm British, yes my government is corrupt, yes the British media are just as bad and yes I am equally embarrassed and I also happen to be seriously peeved at the way things are.

You talk about the NWO and one thing I do know is that you don't have a clue about how to defeat them if all you do is blame everyone else. That's exactly what they want. They want us at each others throats. Maybe you should save your energy and discontent and aim it at them instead.

My original post
That's outrageous. Starred and flagged. Is this really genuine or has someone simply been messing about with a video editor and cut & pasted pieces of video footage together? People should never take anything at face value unless they know without a shadow of doubt that it's the real deal. If this is real, I would be totally embarrassed if I were an American.

If you assume automatically that everything posted is the truth without finding evidence to back it up, then you are nothing more than naive. It doesn't hurt to use one's own reasoning and common sense.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The United States never had any moral authority. It is is naive to think they did. No country has any moral authority.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I found all the post and replies an interesting read. The American president looks so much like a fool these daysrying to comvince the world that Russia is a tyrant and a bully. So easily he forgets when 90% of the nations on the planet, billions of people portested on the day he invaded Iraq. He would not listen and hundreds of thousands were killrd and displaced, so he and his cronies could steal the oil and resources from this country.

He and his kind should shut up and get their own house in order in stead of trying to spread their new world order, with the US, if you do not go along and be a puppet then you are vilified and called a rouge state. I long to just see this US just fade into history like all the other empires and tyrants. They will soon see that they do not own time nor this world, time for change is close.

But in the mean time all I cad do is applaud Russia and other countries like China for taking their rightful in this world as an alternative to the greedy,winner take all mentality of the west and its cronies.

GW Bush once said he looked into Putin's eyes and saw his soul, now he does not tow the American line like drunken Yeltzin, now he see's KGB again. When I look into Bush'e eyes...I see a war criminal a psycopathic man who loves to spill blood where ever and when ever he can.

12/21/2012 please hurry.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoveKnowledge
Lost its moral authority? The Moral Authority was always an illusion. America has NEVER had a Moral Authority. Such things are nationalistic fabrications.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by LoveKnowledge]

Moral authority is only an illusion when people reject absolutes.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The United States "government" and all their entities never had any "moral authority" to begin with.....Besides, their "morals" probably do not agree with a vast number of people. It is always the common masses that get the brunt of violence in war, and this Russia-Georgia-U.S.-Israel thing is no different.

The reason I say that the U.S. has never had any "moral authority" is because of all the horrible, sick atrocities of the past and present that make up America today, as many people know it....From the genocide and wanton destruction of the Indigenous peoples whose land we tread upon now, from the failure to stop the genital mutilation of male infants and young boys; America is a country of double standards, lies, deception, and unprecedented greed that puts a price on anything and everything in this country....Government has never served the people in the history of the fallacy of the "United States." The people have always been the slaves, albeit unknowingly, or in their ignorance, never thought of the themselves as slaves because of the vast material wealth, and the force-fed white-washed media garbage that surrounds us in Amerika.

There is not a country(government; military or otherwise) out there today that has "moral authority" because human beings all have different sets of guiding principles and what they categorize as wrong, right or in between.

I would hope people are waking up to the nightmare of the reality we live in. Morals, I believe can never be defined by any one person because of the vast differences in experiences we have all been though.

I think the failure of people to rise up and demand government accountability, and the gross violations of the Constitution that been heaped upon on all us since its inception, is proof of the lack of "moral authority" we have all become....

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

watching television is a sickness.. At least with the internet you can interact.. And media censorship control is powerless... Notice how on a CNN poll 92% of Americans beleived that what Russia did was PEACEKEEPING(CNN quickly removed that pol)... it shows that Americans are no longer relying on the MSM for there News information... Television networks with the commercials will die... What's the point of paying for cable and sat when you get tons of commercials!! Television programming will die I give it another 10 to 15 years... if not sooner

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hott_Nutz

Originally posted by Rek2008
When Bush invaded Iraq in 2003 for B.S. reasons Bush lost his moral authority.

They "lost" their authority before they took office, during the elections when they violated the integrity of the American people by stealing the elections.

Darn straight, Hott_Nutz!

I guess there's nothing better than having a little brother as a Governor
in a deciding state like Florida, huh?

Truth be known, the American people never did legitimately vote these bastards into office.

You're right again, friend- I didn't vote for him, niether did most people
I've asked!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Thanks for that, grover, you are so right! STAR!

Great link, also, I checked it out a little, and will return again later.

My respect and admiration to you.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Originally posted by thefreepatriot
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

watching television is a sickness.. What's the point of paying for cable and sat when you get tons of commercials?

Exaaaaactly, freepatriot, exactly; TV programming in America has
reached an all-time level of nausea for me...What a joke, the FCC has
become! Sure, they do a great job of blocking profanity; too bad they
are totally inneffective at blocking corporate greed!!!

They could not pay me enough to pipe their sickness into my home!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Looking on the bright side, I live in the NE of England that has it's fair share of rain, probably why most of the time I'm staring at a blank screen. Thanks to the advances in digital TV, everytime it rains, which is most days, I completely lose the signal. Maybe it isn't such a bad thing. Just means I'm subjected to less brainwashing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join