It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again, More federal intelligence changes planned to increase domestic spying.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Here we go again, More federal intelligence changes planned to increase domestic spying.

www.msnbc.msn.com

The Justice Department has proposed a new domestic spying measure that would make it easier for state and local police to collect intelligence about Americans, share the sensitive data with federal agencies and retain it for at least 10 years.

The proposed changes would revise the federal government's rules for police intelligence-gathering for the first time since 1993 and would apply to any of the nation's 18,000 state and local police agencies that receive roughly $1.6 billion each year in federal grants
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It's funny how the article says, this bill was "quietly" unvieled, but not yet passed.
Guess that w have to keep this bill secret so know one can complain until it's too late.
"It moves what the rules were from 1993 to the new world we live in, but it maintains civil liberties," McMahon said.

What a joke.

As if we have all that many remaining civil liberties left as it is.
Can't wait to hear what they are going to strip from the constitution this time around.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Wow, no one wants to comment on this???

I guess that were all sick of hearing about it.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have never had a problem with being monitored.

Intelligence gathering is integral to help keeping officals in touch with the pulse and heartbeat of the Nation.

I say bring it on.

new topics

top topics

join