It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Journalists Attacked in Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Turkish Journalists Attacked in Georgia

www.cnn.com

The story

Video that aired on a Turkish television network Thursday showed reporters from two stations ducking for cover and saying their last prayers as their vehicle came under attack in Georgia.

One reporter was shot in the head in the attack, which happened Sunday, but his injuries were not considered life-threatening. All the journalists involved were safely back in Turkey on Thursday.

It's one of several incidents in which journalists have been caught in the shooting between Georgian and Russian forces.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is my first submitted post on ATS. Wanted to pass this on, and I haven't found this article through the search feature. If there is already a thread with this, I'm sorry.

I also believe the link has the video.

The only site I can find is through CNN, if anyone else can find this story that would be great.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I never really understood why reporters go INTO battlezones.Do they get combat pay?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

I've never understood that either. I guess it is that thrill of getting the best story and in that way they do get better pay?

I don't think I'd ever drive towards the gun fire or armed men in a war zone, no matter how 'good' of a story I was going to get.

top topics

join