It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Way?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Interesting.. Obamas Choice for VEEP?

Link

[edit on 8/15/2008 by Kr0n0s]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every new Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 15/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well he does have to pick someone soon right? Who better than the zombie who faced Bush and didn't have enough money to buy the election?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

If Obama picks John Kerry as his Vice President, and then wins the election, we really will be doomed...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I predicted back in April that Senator Obama would choose former VP-Gore for his running mate. I don't believe he will choose Senator Clinton. Another thread hypothesized Colin Powell. I think that would be a winner.

I think this is the first time in my life that I didn't have a favorite. I think that it'd be erring on the prudent side to consider whomever Senator McCain chooses as likely eventual President.

ugh. Ross Perot, are you still there?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is absolutely not going to happen. John Kerry doesn't even inspire Democrats, much less Independents and that's who everyone is courting.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
No way will he choose Kerry..

Obama is in an interesting position. His VP choice matters ALOT.. it could make or break his election chances. The more centrist predominately white, older democrats that make up roughly half of the entire party regarding voters need to be appeased, they all wanted Hillary to get the nomination and are still sore over it; you hear some of them threatening to vote for Mccain etc, it is ridiculous.

So, because of this.. Obama needs a white 'good ole boy' democrat as his VP, even better if the person tapped is from the south, or has open Christian faith beliefs/expressions. This narrows the choices.

To be honest, before the Edwards affair scandal broke, I really thought they were going to choose him. Now they cant obviously, but he did have that southern, 'Jimmy Carter Jr." vibe. I heard on NPR news radio today while driving in the car that Obama appeared with Senator Joe Biden of Delaware at a fund raiser event, and that they "looked real good together", implying he was a possibility. I've also heard mention of COLIN POWELL.. now could you imagine that? Talk about the anti-Dick Cheney, lol .. Powell as VP would be great. But would it be as popular as a ticket with a white VP? Sadly my instinct wants to say no ..

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Kerry stepped on his schwanz with golf spikes after his comment about "stupid people go to Iraq". That was during the 2006 election, and his fellow Dems treated him like he was radioactive.

If Obama picked him for VP, he might as well save money and stop campaigning.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Sorry mirthful, didnt mean to make such a short post to begin the thread.

As for Obama choosing Kerry for VP, I really dont know what to think about that. I really never liked Kerry at all but to be fair, I havent liked any of the Democrats that were nominated for President or their running mates.
However, this year I dont like either party's candidates.
Personally though, I dont think Kerry would be a viable candidate for Obama, the swift boaters did a pretty good job against his campaign in 04 and I bet they'd be chomping at the bit to have another go at him, which of course would hurt Obamas chances.

Ive always admired Colin Powel but I dont think hes very interested in becoming a running mate.
If he did though, wow, not only would we have the first ever black president but at the same time, we would have a black VP, talking about making history..

top topics

join