It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which path will you choose? (state of the world today)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I just actually saw this video for this song yesterday. The symbolism is very powerful, as well as the message of the song.

For those of us "aware" of information the MM does not report on -- events swept under the rug, we know a future like this is inevitable.

How long will it be before the masses in the street start rising up?

This is what one person had to say about this music video:

well from the way i see it, its two friend riding a bike with no hands..meaning they live life with no limits...and when they reach a break in the road they split and take their own paths...one goes for corporate and control and the other goes for moral and peace..and the control guys ends up getting caught up in power and doesnt notice his friend in the crowd..and after he dies, he realises that he's left with nothing..

I felt compelled to share this video with all of you -- even if this is in the wrong area. Lets discuss some of the symbolism (the black/white birds) for example. Are they really two friends, or the same person?

Thanks for watching/reading!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I watched it and it was really good. Who is the artist? Doesn't flow too well vocally, but the concept of the track is awesome. Good stuff!!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Thank you for your response!

The song is called "Handlebars" by a group called the "Flobots"...

When I watched this video...I was reminded that art is not, "dead". Art still exists, we just have been told not to entertain it ie; "accept it".

We are now taught to learn to brush it off and excuse it....

All of this is due to the de-humanizing values of our culture...

This is "art" -- this is what humans are supposed to produce.

Humans have the inherent ability of being able to bring the esoteric and naturalistic together and blend them . . .

As of late (the last 20 years) -- there has been little to no "prodigies" in the fields of poetry/music/art. Why is this?

Why do we as a society refuse to acknowledge such rational and fundamental iconography?

The whirlpool is spinning faster and faster -- can you feel it?

Thanks,
-MM

[edit on 15-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

I agree the song really isn't a "rap" song -- but a poem read to music. The video only illustrates the artist's mental picture/space.

I think that the anime artist was in-tune with the lyric writer of this song -- because the visuals seem to co-inside so well with the lyrical content of the song.

Creations like this give myself hope -- hope that humanity can still express it's infinite beauty with grace; and it's right to survive.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
what i get from this song is that we, the human race can accomplish anything. with the two differnt sides in the video, one holding power and one harnessing his beliefes and and staying true to his human side it paints a picture that the ones with power will do what they want to stay on top and control, and the ones who are enlightened will do what is right for the human race. in the song he first describes what humans can do; medicine, machines, technology. and towards the end he explains how one with power will control and conqour, at the same time holding down the human race from truly advancing. that is what i get from it. we have different paths we can take and no matter what we gain from either we need to make the right decision to advance ourselves in the best way.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I've now listened to the rest of the CD of this band...

It's actually pretty good, very eclectic in terms of musical styles...FYI!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I am being lame.. I know...

But I really, truly believe more people need to see this music video.

Call this a "bump" if you will. but I cannot understand how over 100 views have been taken and only ONE reply on record.

How can ATS (seriously) not comment on this revolutionary form of artwork?

It hits home to myself and my like-minded friends that would use this board but are to paranoid to do so.

Are you really that lazy ATS?

[edit on 16-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I can ride my bike with no handlebars, no handlebars...no handlebars...

It would seem that many are still using their culturally regulated "handlebars" --

...because if you watched/saw this video (as many of my personal real life friends now have) you would feel compelled to say something, express something.

How deep does the apathy run in society? I think I've now answered my own question via this posting.

How disapointing.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
yeah i've been showing this clip to other people. Just downloaded and put it on my ipod. People agree to its belief and others have no clue what it means. hmmm. society these days always makes me angry..

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I watched it. I am not all that into cartoons (or anime, whatever it is called these days).

It's a little too blatant for me. The beginning of the corporate part, mentioning inventions, technology, vaccines, and feeding that right into the "evil war side of things". Maybe we would all be happier moving back into mud huts and doing away with technology as it leads to evil? Is that the point?

Too heavy handed for my tastes. Not subtle.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Sonya610]

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I dunno, it's a pretty good video, and I like the song personally, but to me, it seems to be encouraging a split.
The main message seems to be, choose one route, and you end up a loser, the other routes losing your soul, doesn't offer much middle ground.
From there, your either part of the system, aor against it, and if you're against it, you'll die trying to beat it.
Did like the end though, if you aren't careful, you'll destroy what you hold dear.
My two cents anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
No one really gets this video. It's simple to me. It's not showing the outlook of life itself just two extremes: live a lie or die for what you believe in.

I have other view of this too. Although, I'm an artist myself. It's easier for me to pull a messege from this. I'm not calling other artist that can't bad artists; it just depends on your orientation of art. Mine has a lot to do with symbolism, and much of the art I appreciate does too.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Thanks guys!

Do you think it's two friends, or two "aspects" of the same person?

What about the black/white birds? Obviously they are meant to mean somthing. ..

I encourage more discussion!

new topics

top topics

join