It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerome Corsi [ExposeD] Author of "The Obama Nation" to appear on "Pro-White" radio show

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Jerome Corsi, for those of you who may not be familiar, is "author" and conservative media activist.
Four years ago he co-authored "Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" targeting Kerry's bid for president.

SBVT founder and spokesman John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi published Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry in August 2004. While Corsi was a veteran, the Boston Herald noted that Corsi was "not a veteran himself."[43] The book contained interviews with people who did not serve with Kerry and those who did serve with Kerry called the book's claims false.[44] In the ads for the group, "None of those in the attack ad by the Swift Boat group actually served on Kerry's boat. And their statements are contrary to the accounts of Kerry and those who served under him."[45] Kerry's fellow soldiers released a point-by-point rebuttal of the claims.[46] Furthermore, the government documents support Kerry's war awards and claims.[47] Of those interviewed for the book, some asserted that their statements were edited to strip out material favorable to Kerry.[48]
After controversial statements made by Corsi became public, O'Neill denied Corsi's coauthorship of the book, saying that Corsi was "simply an editor and not really any sort of co-author."[49][50] However, portions of the book[51] contain material also found in articles posted under Corsi's name at WinterSoldier.com, a website critical of John Kerry,[52][53] and O'Neill is cited in a later book as describing Corsi as helping to write "Unfit for Command," and urging him to back out of media appearances after the controversial comments became public.[54]
wikipedia

He recently came out with a new book The Obama Nation. Essentially a list of lies and misinformation. Some of the books talking points are regularly seeded verbatim on ATS and across the web. The book has be widely criticized:

In an August 15 article in Editor & Publisher, Greg Mitchell noted the contrast in the media's reaction to the two books:

Four years ago this month, with E&P's Joe Strupp, I explored in a number of articles the belated or conflicted media response to the "swiftboating" of Sen. John Kerry, then the Democratic nominee for president. The mainstream press gave the charges-- carried in ads, in books and articles, and in major TV appearances -- a free ride for a spell, then a respectful airing mixed with critique, before in many cases finally attempting to shoot them down as overwhelmingly exaggerated or false. This delay, along with Kerry's own reluctance to face the matter squarely, quite possibly cost the Democrat the White House.

Now, this month, a bestselling anti-Obama book -- by a co-author of the most prominent "swiftboat" anti-Kerry book in 2004 -- has predictably been published (by Mary Matalin's imprint) and has gained immediate and wide attention in the mainstream. But this time, in many cases, the media response has been a "swift" kick to its credibility.

Below are numerous examples of the media responding with "a 'swift' kick" to The Obama Nation's credibility:

From an August 15 Washington Post column by Eugene Robinson:

The "author," and I use the term loosely, whose vicious lies damaged John Kerry's 2004 presidential campaign has crawled back out from under his rock to spew vicious lies about Barack Obama. Right-wing radio talk-show hosts are dutifully transmitting this concocted venom. This presidential campaign has officially gotten ugly.

The "author" I'm talking about is a man named Jerome Corsi. In a book published last year, "The Late Great USA: The Coming Merger with Mexico and Canada," Corsi claimed that George W. Bush was at the heart of a secret conspiracy to subsume the United States into a post-national, one-worldish North American Union. Corsi's writings on far-right blogs have been even more paranoid and delusional. He has written that pedophilia, for which he used a more graphic term, "is OK with the Pope as long as it isn't reported by the liberal press." He has referred to Muslims as "ragheads."

Corsi would be known as just another visitor from the outer fringe if he had not been the co-author of "Unfit for Command," the book that slimed Kerry's exemplary record as a Swift boat commander in Vietnam. The allegations in that book were discredited, but not before they had been amplified by the right-wing echo chamber to the point where they raised questions in some voters' minds -- perhaps enough to swing the election.

From an August 13 Politico article by Kenneth P. Vogel:

The folks behind "The Obama Nation," the wildly successful but factually disputed new book trashing presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama, are casting it as a scholarly, thoroughly researched work.

But its author has left a trail of wild theories, vitriol and dogma that have called into question his credibility.

Jerome Corsi, who rose to prominence as the co-author of a book attacking 2004 Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, penned another tome asserting oil is a nearly infinite resource that continues to generate naturally, and posted a series of online comments through 2004, including suggestions that Hillary Rodham Clinton is a lesbian and Muslims worship Satan.
source

He is scheduled to appear on August 17th on the pro-white radio show The Political Cesspool who's statement of principles includes:

The Political Cesspool Radio Program stands for the The Dispossessed Majority. We represent a philosophy that is pro-White and are against political centralization. You can trust The Political Cesspool to give you the "other side of the news" - to report on events which are vital to your welfare but which would otherwise be hushed up or distorted by the controlled press.

We make no attempt to give you "both sides." We'll leave the establishment side to your daily newspaper, television and other radio shows. We will bring to you some of the most renowned thinkers, writers, pundits, activists, entertainers and elected officials each broadcast as our guests.

This is his second recent appearance on the show. His previous came July 20th, and was streamed on [hate-site-nolink] which is a self-described "White Nationalist Community"

Much has been made over the last week about the and tone of some of the thread titles and topics:

Who would have thought, in this bastion of enablement that brings unimaginably diverse people together in an environment of civil and open debate with a mandate of fierce focus on issues and not each other, that we'd encounter the choreographed flotsam of manipulation. Here, right here on our beloved AboveTopSecret.com, we see...

-*- mindless repetition of divisive spoon-fed political talking points

-*- patently false information about candidates presented as truth

-*- exaggerated disaster scenarios if one or the other is elected

-*- shameful racism

-*- shameful bastardization of candidate names

-*- shameful focus on personalities instead of issues

-*- pathetic fear mongering

-*- embarrassingly little focus on real, important, vital issues.
SkepticOverlord

It is important for ATS members to know where some of these threads originate so as to gage their validity and substance. There are many valid issues in this election, valid questions about both candidates. Surely we cannot allow Mr. Corso and his minions to hijack us and our discourse.

[edit on 8/16/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Over the next few days I'm going to try and find ATS threads that can be directly sourced back to Mr. Corsi and include them on this thread.

If you come across one of this threads I would encourage you to post them on this thread so as we can compile a comprehensive list of them. Also as we get closer to the elections, I expect these kind of threads to increase. As they come up and are identified, I also encourage members to link them back to this thread.

The more we weed out the propaganda from any third party interest the closer we will get to the truth.

[edit on 8/15/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The fact that both of Corsi's books have been completely dispelled by their respective targets is amazing to me that he's even trying to do this again.

He's nothing more than a literary version of Rush Limbaugh.

He will tell you whatever sells books, at the expense of his own dignity and credibility.

I laugh at this man. I laugh at his accomplishments, and most of all, i laugh at those he surrounds himself with.

You give us a perfect example of his "posse" with this thread

His quotes, his writings, and his comrades, are all so unbelievably and openly pro-white that its sickening.

And i'm white..... :shk:

[edit on 8/15/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It is amazing.

Mr. Corsi has ties with white supremacist groups as discussed in the OP.
I was trying to include some of the sources in my OP but every time I tried to link to their website it would read [hate-site-nolink] as it does now.

I have to say the website I was linking to was pretty hardcore white power. I'm glad there's a automatic filter to exclude such sites. But it is also quite telling as to where Mr. Corsi is coming from.

Other than the obvious reason, you may ask why is it important to reveal Mr. Corsi's bedmates. It is important because the following happens avery day on ATS:

A member will seed a new thread straight out of Mr. Corsi's playbook.
Another sensible member will point out the racist undertones.
The OP will say with great indignity: "There we go again, I cannot say anything negative about Obama without being accused of racism, typical Obama lovers!"

Well, as long as we can now trace your thread straight back to Mr. Corsi, we can safely deduce that you might in fact be in his circle of friends, or you, at the very least, are aligned with his positions and ideologies.

This is the only way to weed out the viral and disingenuous threads and their posters.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I will keep updating this thread as I dig deeper into Mr. Corsi's and his followers' politics and ideals.

Below is a small sample to get us started:

. Corsi on Islam: "a worthless, dangerous Satanic religion"

. Corsi on Catholicism: "Boy buggering in both Islam and Catholicism is okay with the Pope as long as it isn't reported by the liberal press"

. Corsi on Muslims: "RAGHEADS are Boy-Bumpers as clearly as they are Women-Haters -- it all goes together"

. Corsi on "John F*ing Commie Kerry": "After he married TerRAHsa, didn't John Kerry begin practicing Judiasm? He also has paternal grandparents that were Jewish. What religion is John Kerry?"

. Corsi on Senator "FAT HOG" Clinton: "Anybody ask why HELLary couldn't keep BJ Bill satisfied? Not lesbo or anything, is she?"

source

What a lovely man.

[edit on 8/15/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
To further expose Jerome Corsi and his followers, whenever you see a thread title with some outlandish and hate filled accusation on Mr. Obama, the first place to check if it is part of a coordinated attack, is worldnetdaily.com.
He is a writer for the site which he uses as a daily platform to seed his talking points.

One less layer to this spoiled onion.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Viral seeding on ATS example 1:

Remember a month ago when we were bombarded daily with Obama has a fake or has faked his birth certificate threads? I would link them but there's just too many of them, they are easily available through "search".
Wonder where that rumor was started?

Summary: On Fox News, Obama Nation author Jerome Corsi claimed that the campaign of Sen. Barack Obama "has a false, fake birth certificate posted on their website." In fact, the Hawaii Department of Health has confirmed that the birth certificate posted online by the Obama campaign is "a valid Hawaii state birth certificate" and has called speculation about Obama's citizenship "pretty ridiculous."

source

The truth:

People who question whether U.S. Sen. Barack Obama is a U.S. citizen continue to request his birth certificate from the state Department of Health, but they won't get a definitive answer from Hawai'i health officials.

Hawai'i birth certificates — just as with death, marriage and certain divorce documents — are released only to people with a "tangible interest," such as the people themselves, their parents, spouses, grandparents or other relatives, Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo said. (Requests for divorce decrees after 2002 go through the state judiciary.)

"Our state law is very firm on information on vital records. ... You cannot receive someone else's birth certificate — to protect the person's confidential information," Okubo said.

It's the same law that applies to requests from tabloid journalists for celebrity marriage licenses in Hawai'i, Okubo said.

The Obama campaign said it has posted a copy of his birth certificate at www.fightthesm ears.com in response to Internet chatter that the Illinois senator is not a natural-born citizen. But the posting has done little to curb the nearly weekly requests to the Health Department for copies of the original, Okubo said.

Some skeptics point to the lack of an official state seal on the birth certificate posted on the Obama campaign Web site.

But seals often are placed on the back of the birth certificate, Okubo said, "and whether it shows through depends on how much force was put into it."

Others wonder why a large black rectangle appears next to the words, "CERTIFICATE NO."

"The thing that's redacted is just our file number," she said. "Potentially, if you have that number, you could break into the system."

Health officials contacted the Obama campaign a few months ago in response to the persistent inquiries "to see if they could try and resolve the issue with the people who were asking questions," she said.

"They responded and apparently it isn't good enough that he posted his birth certificate," Okubo said. "They say they want it because they claim he is not a citizen of the United States. It's pretty ridiculous."

Reach Dan Nakaso at [email protected].

sour ce

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Going back a little to refer to the title of this thread.

I just want to substantiate that the radio show, The Political Cesspool, is in fact a racist media outlet with a pro-white agenda.

The Anti-Defamation League recently wrote an article blasting TPC and their hate filled agenda. Allow me to show you TPC's mouthpiece James Edwards response to the article which includes the League's original article:

We Made The All Star Team!
Category: Hatred Of Whites, Jews, Whites - The Real Minority
Wow! America’s most powerful hate group hates me and The Political Cesspool! We couldn’t be more proud!

Yes, folks, it’s official - The Anti-Defamation League does not approve of The Political Cesspool, or your humble host/blogger. They’ve launched an attack on us here:

On June 1, 2008, after a four-month hiatus, white supremacist James Edwards and his staff, claiming to be the “voice of the movement,” resumed hosting the Political Cesspool, a Memphis, Tennessee-based AM and Internet radio show on which anti-Semites, white supremacists, and other right-wing extremists regularly appear to voice their views. Guests on the June 1 show included anti-Semitic professor Kevin MacDonald and white supremacist Virginia Abernethy. Show sponsors include the white supremacist Council of Conservative Citizens and the Institute for Historical Review, a Holocaust denial organization.

Initially billed as “The South’s Foremost Conservative Populist Radio Program,” the Political Cesspool’s Mission Statement now says that the show “represent[s] a philosophy that is pro-White [and seeks] to grow the percentage of Whites in the world relative to other races.” James Edwards, the Political Cesspool’s main host, co-founded the show in October 2004 and has interviewed a variety of anti-Semites, white supremacists, Holocaust deniers, conspiracy theorists and anti-immigrant leaders. A list of former guests includes veteran anti-Semite and Holocaust denier Willis Carto; Prussian Blue, a neo-Nazi singing duo; anti-Semite Ted Pike; Mark Weber, the director of the Institute for Historical Review; and Frank Roman, a founding member of the neo-Nazi European Americans United group.

Edwards does not merely interview extremists. A white supremacist himself, Edwards hosts, attends and speaks at extremist gatherings. In April 2008, the Political Cesspool staff announced that they were “working with the Council of Conservative Citizens [italics in original] in order to start a robust West Tennessee chapter of the CofCC” and extended an open invitation for its “founding organizational meeting.” In February 2008, Edwards attended a conference hosted by American Renaissance, a white supremacist organization run by his “good friend” Jared Taylor. Edwards also spoke at the June 2007 National Conference of the Council of Conservative Citizens. He was a listed speaker at a May 2007 gathering in northern New Jersey organized by Stormfront, the largest Internet forum for anti-Semites and white supremacists which makes the Political Cesspool available on its Internet radio network. In 2004 and 2005, he attended conferences organized by anti-Semite David Duke.

Yeah, when the most powerful hate group in America comes after you, you know you’re doing something right! What decent person or group in America hasn’t been condemned by the ADL? Believe the New Testament? You’re an anti-semite. Didja buy a ticket for Mel Gibson’s Passion movie? You’re a neo-nazi. Think it’s best if white people marry white people? You’re nuthin’ but a Kluxer. Don’ t think two dudes getting married is the greatest thing since sliced bread? You’re the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler. Think perverts shouldn’t be leading Boy Scout troops? You’re worse than Hitler.

I know there are a lot of newbies around here, and you may be shocked at some of the ugly language in the ADL report above. That’s alright; it’s only because you don’t understand that the way the ADL uses words is not the same way most people use them. So I’ve included a handy ADL-to-English dictionary:

White supremacist - anybody who doesn’t hate white people
Anti-semite - 1. any non Jewish white person; 2. everyone who’s ever met Abe Foxman
Extremist - normal American
Holocaust denier - someone who asks questions about WW II the ADL doesn’t want asked
Neo-Nazi - any white person who openly disagrees with a Jew
Racist - a white person

There! Now, read the article again, and it will make a lot more sense.

Thanks ADL!

source

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
schrodingers dog well done!

Yes Corsi is a hypocrite and a liar, just like Limbaugh, fox news and these rightwing blogs some members prefer to get their sources from. It really disturbs me that there are still so many ignorant americans out there willing to bite the bait, especially after all these lies set upon us by Bush and his rightwing buddies.

But then again after 9/11 and the rising population of minorities, I guess it is the perfect breeding ground for such ignorance.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
For the sake of disclosure, I just wanted to say that though I happen to like Obama, I don't have any great antipathy for John McCain. Other than a few issues with which I disagree with him, I have always found him of great integrity and character.
I do however believe that his candidacy has come too late. The John McCain of the 80's and 90's would have made him a great president. But I fear that his best days are behind him.
He repeatedly misspeaks, forgets things, and opens himself to ridicule. Not the best time to do that when the nation has endured 8 years of GW.
In a staggering coincidence, as I was just cruising CNN, and he did it again, on the very topic I just threaded.

Campaign says McCain didn't hear question on attack book
Posted: 08:00 PM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

McCain isn't commenting on Corsi's new book.

(CNN) — John McCain's campaign is denying Democratic charges the presumptive Republican nominee flippantly dismissed a new book attacking Barack Obama that includes several documented falsehoods.

Asked by the Associated Press earlier Friday what he though of author Jerome Corsi's new book, "The Obama Nation," McCain said, "gotta keep your sense of humor."

Related: Book blasted for 'vicious innuendo'

Those comments were immediately slammed by the Obama campaign and the Democratic National Committee, which e-mailed its 3.4 million supporters declaring, "John McCain thinks smears and lies are funny."

"Despite pledging to run a respectful campaign, McCain is just standing by while Corsi and his publisher, former Dick Cheney aide Mary Matalin, poison this presidential race," read the e-mail from DNC Rapid Response Team.

Watch: Is Obama being swift-boated?

But McCain spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan said later Thursday the Arizona senator actually did not hear the question, and would not be commenting on the book.

The book, which is expected to debut No. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list, repeats many long-discredited falsehoods about the Illinois senator, including the claim that he is Muslim.

Corsi, who has said he's on a “mission” to take down Obama, also co-wrote "Unfit for Command" — the 2004 book that spawned the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth attacks against then-Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry

CNN

Ouch!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Whats wrong with being pro white?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Obama attended a pro black church for decades, so the problem is where?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The Alex Jones Show? He was yelling about that earlier, raving about how corporate media hates him for inviting Corsi on.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Obama attended a pro black church for decades, so the problem is where?

You don't think there's anything wrong with white supremacists like James Edwards?

His stated mission is "[f]ighting to advance a nationalist agenda based upon the Christian world view" and turning back the clock in America to the pre-civil rights era, "back when America had a strong moral compass," as he put it during his May 17 show. "You had cultural and racial integrity in those days. …What's been taken away from us, we can take back."

Edwards works hard to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor. He wears suits, not Klan robes. But he's doing more than anyone else in the white nationalist movement at this point to promote the views of neo-Nazis, Klan sympathizers, Holocaust deniers, academic racists and anti-Semites. Helped along by cable news television and the occasional sympathetic elected official, he's beginning to look a lot like the next David Duke — and he'd almost certainly consider that a compliment.

full article

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Considering the source you posted (SPLC) is hardly credible by any means, happen to have any others?

Please, if you wish to source something, try to avoid using groups that deem anyone that doesnt agree with their leftist agenda as hate mongers.

They label the Minutemen as a "vigilante hate group".

Cmon now, lets try to be serious here.

I don't deny that radio host is pro white, I asked whats wrong with being pro white? Whats wrong with promoting a book on a controversial radio show?

Think BET would let Corsi on to pimp out his book?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Considering the source you posted (SPLC) is hardly credible by any means, happen to have any others?

Yes,

The Political Cesspool is a white supremacist[1] radio talk show broadcast out of Memphis, Tennessee[1]. It was founded in 2004 by James Edwards

wikipedia

There will, as the thread develops, be many more.
Thanks for asking though.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Good, can hardly wait since the first you posted is laughable at best, and the 2nd can be edited by people like the first.

I've asked twice now so far, yet still no answer. Whats wrong with being pro white?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
i can respect and appreciate threads that question obama and
discuss his policies and standings and so on. i think mostly everyone
on ats has seen those ridicolous threads that make the most outlandish
claims and accusations against obama.

those threads are rooted from white nationalist website members. i have
seen them discuss bombarding ats and other websites with their ideas.
they call it a "raid" or something along those lines. i know which members
are a part of this, because i have seen them on other websites. i will
not say the website or the members, but i think they are pretty obvious
by the way they try smear and attack obama by any which way. point
being that some members here that sound like they might hold wn ideas
probably do.

im proud to be white but hating or proclaiming my supremacy over other
"races" is an idea i dont hold nor will i ever.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

There is nothing wrong with anyone being proud of their heritage.
And quite frankly I haven't said that there is anything wrong with being a white neo-nazi supremacist.
People have a mind and the right to make their own opinion.
I have however exposed the source for some of the hate threads on ATS.
The facts are displayed for all to see.
Should that not be enough evidence for you, or should you choose to align yourself with Corsi, Edwards and their ideals, that is your right as well.

Edited to add:

As I don't plan to go back and forth with you, I'm just editing this post to respond to the post below this one.
The white supremacist agenda is plastered all over your profile.
You have a right to your opinion, but I have the right to despise everything that you stand for.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Besides the Obama campaign themselves, where has this book been debunked?

They issued a 42 page rebuttal, that seems to be a little too much dont ya think?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Theres a difference between one being proud of ones heritage and another using such pride to justify their ignorance.

There are 220 million whites in the US, there are 30 million blacks, 40 million hispanics and 10 million+ other. there are plenty of places that reflect white culture, the media is dominated by white culture, you dont have to go far to find another white person but its different when your a minority. None whites are still seen as non-americans in this country regardless of whether they have citizenship or they have generations here this is why many are forced to create their own communities.

And by the way Barack Obamas former church Trinity does have white members and if you would notice it was only afew months ago that Rev Michael Pfleger, one of the leaders there who happens to be white spoke out against Hillary.

Corsi has been to numerous racist organisations in the past, Barack Obama dismissed his own church the minute rev wright spoke in that manner.

Its pritty evident that corsi is a bigot, I can direct you to afew of his comment if you want?

Stop covering his ass.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join