It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of Bigfoot Corpse From France 1997!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
. The corpse appeared on display at a fair in France in March 97.
Nobody knew where it came from . .

www.youtube.com...

It looks real to me! I'd love to hear what you guys think.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

That looks amazing. The zoom-in on the eyes is what convinces me. This is definitely not a suit. Great find.

If you'll notice, it resembles the supposed bigfoot found in georgia quite a bit.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
yes it was striking to me how similar the teeth were. Obviously not carnivores.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Unfortunately this says the bigfoot in question was exhibited as a fair. Last time I checked scientists were not hanging around fairs waiting to make breakthroughs and advance our knowledge of the world around us through freak shows and fiji mermaids. There are robots in japan that look human and will be replacing news anchors all around the world soon since they have reached a level of sophistication that allows them to look 100% real.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have seen this before somewhere, quite a while ago. Will have to do some digging to see if I can find the story.

The teeth may be similar, but the nose, eyes, and head shape are nothing like the Georgia one.

Later edit:

Finally found what I was looking for; this is a hoax.

In 1997, what looked like a new version of the affair of the frozen man (this cadaver of a frozen hairy man shown in the US fairs, which Bernard Heuvelmans was able to study in 1968) occurred… in France ! It was indeed a hoax, and amusingly, our Belgish friends of the ABEPAR (which publishes the journal Cryptozoologia) are (involuntarily) responsible. Emmanuel Janssens Casteels, animal sculptor and a collaborator of the magazine, relates in the June to August 1998 issue of Cryptozoologia that two friends of his have helped people who wanted to make a giant copy of Bernard Heuvelmans’s frozen man: "In fact, it was a sculpture made with sponge rubber on which hairs of horse tail have been pasted. The eyes have been simply bought from a provider specialized in taxidermy."

Source

I found another reference as well, but that one is in French so I didn't think it would be very helpful.

and another one from the JREF forums:

Yes - a fake exhibited in the French town of Bourganeuf. I did some digging into this some time back (having been to Bourganeuf prior to hearing the story [and since], it was doubly interesting).

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Heike]

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Heike]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It looks a lot more real than that halloween costume those georgia boys put in a freezer with dentures and entrails.

Good research MsSmartypants and Heiki

[edit on 8/15/2008 by Rek2008]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rek2008

don't count those Georgia boys out yet. Watch these videos of todays press conference. I think Matt Whitton sounds quite credible

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-8-2008 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

Yeah, they didn't drool or stutter or anything and I did find myself thinking, "Hmm, what if this is real? ... for a few moments anyway. But the night before the conference I read THIS:

Georgia Bigfoot Body Hoax

Edit to add: I'm not putting down southern boys with that comment, hell, I AM a southern boy.

[edit on 8/15/2008 by Rek2008]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rek2008

Okay okay think about it, one of them, the main speaker is a Police officer. He knows how DNA evidence works. He was very unlikely to turn in possum DNA or any other known DNA knowing full well that the results would come back identifying just what sort of animal it came from. As far as the human DNA that could and most likely was from human contamination.
And now to the mysterious 'inconclusive' results. Inconclusive in what way? Come on tell us, we'll understand it. We'll all watch TV.
Why the gov't doesn't want us to know about bigfoot is a bit curiousity peaking in my way of thinking.

top topics

join