It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics: is the "lie" such a bad thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ok before I rant on, let me get one thing straight, I do not believe any of the UFO or far out theories on this site.. i have an open mind to let the possibility happen, hey who knows, but i dont BELIEVE in them.

After lurking on here for a long time i've started to think one thing, all these hoaxes, failed prophets and general randomness spouted out from people all give one message... they make us think of human kind as a species, not just a planet full of divisions and different races.

These ufo stories could all be false but it still brings me joy, its uniting people and a lot of people are now starting to think of our future as a race - how we can progress and prolong the life of our species and maybe branch out into other worlds..

How can people live their lives in a 9 till 5 job obsessed with money and not think of what the future brings, for their offspring and humanity in general. People don't see the importance in this, they are too concerned with the individuality we are all trained to believe in.. If ufos are real or not real, it is irrelevant imo.. and tbh i cant see the world uniting and feeling the same way unless a devastating event occurs.

Had to get that off my chest,

Anonymous.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by imnewplsdonthurtme]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
oh yeah and slightly off topic, whenever i register on this site i can only use a login for one session.. no matter what emails i use (isp, gmail, hiotmail) i never receive the email with my password so i cant post again from the same name.. is this normal?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i wish people would take on board, or just consider what i have to say..

we are, now a technologically advanced civilization.. we have the knowledge to create magnificent things but we lack the money to fund such ventures..

i think its depressing that we are all locked in our cycle and willing to be part of the "system" without a great enthusiasm to progress...

we should be putting most of our human effort into science and space travel, the opportunities it brings are magnificent. Even for the greedy money hungry, space travel brings a lot of financial rewards

i have considered that a lot of these ET contact and reverse engineering stories could be true, but if they are fake - the underlying message is still the same

we need to advance to fulfill our own curiosity if anything

its not a big waste of resources, because space basically means possibility.. i personally think our current science is a long way off from progressing, we need to explore, experience and progress and not get caught up in terrestrial politics.. why cant people be more mature

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
please read it, someone, anyone?

i'm sorry to keep bumping this, it just annoys me that a thread with blatantly fake UFo reaches 10 pages and no-one listens to this.. i'm no prophet, i dont believe in UFOS, i just think everyone on the world should unite

and here comes the NWO conspiracies, oh christ!!

can you not all see how stupid this is?

sorry for being frustrated, i just hate that a thread with 1 obscure ufo gets # loads of attention, then one with a message is ignored.

and if i get called a disinfo agent I guarantee you are not right in the head, doubting any info that conflicts with yours? maybe you gotta think outside that, conspiracy theories feed themselves if you lost your train of rational thought.

like what i said, whatever is going on externally from out planet should not concern us, who gives a # we need to control outselves first.....

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by imnewplsdonthurtme

Bait taken, hope you have 200 lb line.

You want to know the new four letter word, or rather it should be. DISCLOSURE. What a joke. If I read any more threads that state, This is more disclosure, I will puke.

Agreed on all points, other than maybe check your spam folder for it may contain the emails you are missing. Take care,

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Oh come on dont feel bad. We are technologically improving day by day, the average human life time is increasing with new pioneering medical research. And regarding the nine to five jobs and worrying about the future, everyone are worried about the future. If people are not worried why would many get on this forum and try to debunk 2012 and planet x and why do many have bank accounts.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
you what?

i#d like to say much more to be part of the rules can you elaborate?

thats at Stockburn btw,,

please tell me to "wake up" lol

examine your own belief systems before you doubt mine, do you have conclusive evidence which has changed your worldly belief?

please post em cos tbh i'd love to believe, i just cant trick my mind without evidence
?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Not sure what you are getting at in the last post.

From what I understood you had issues getting an acknowledgement from ATS in form of email on your account. More than likely its in your spam folder/deleted items. I.e., the acknowledgement is probably auto deleted by your email app. Check it out.

Care and luck,

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Enjoy life man, life is short, live your life to the fullest satisfaction.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
To me hoaxes and lies are the biggest setback to UFOlogy and conspiracy based subjects as a whole.

Lies are counter productive. My biggest issue is that when you have 200 attention starved idiots crying wolf, how will we ever know when any REAL truth comes out?

Eventually people become jaded and view the entire topic itself as ludicris with so much disinformation being thrown about. Eventually people lose interest and write the entire genre off as being complete B.S.

How dumb are we all going to feel when something really, truly, honest to god unbelievable happens and it gets tossed into the trash bin with the garbage?

At the end of the day liars and hoaxers ruin it for everyone and deserve nothing but contempt.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

To me hoaxes and lies are the biggest setback to UFOlogy and conspiracy based subjects as a whole.

these are my thoughts exactly, thanks for coherently expressing that

i cant believe i'm getting negative points for this, i'm not exposing any fakes> i'm doing nothing to offend people.. i am open minded

why the # can a peaceful message cause such backfire, i'm not discrediting anyones beliefs man... i give up on this place, cya. i wasnt promoting some advanced technology, ufos or anything..

believe what you wanna believe, discredit may and now tbh i dont care.... i am gone

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
# it, the world is doomed and i dont have many years left... why show compassion for offsptring generations that couldn't give a # about the future of our planet,, yes the planet, in the way it gives us energy via oil etc, # the earth.. # em

i cant believe im getting negative points to say this stuff, who am i offending?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I don't think you are getting negative points for speaking out, I think it is rather the "words" being used.

I for one, am enjoying reading your thread.

new topics

top topics

join