It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmarried couple having sex is the same as a human having sex with an animal?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

I assure you no offense has been taken.

It wasn't me who started quoting scripture and using passages from The Bible to support opinions.
Those that do tend to interpret it literally when suits and then claim inference when suits.
They really do want the best of both worlds.

It is all dogma.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by HIFIGUY

It wasn't me who started quoting scripture and using passages from The Bible to support opinions...

If you don't like it, then go find a different thread that is not under Religion, Faith, And Theology and complain there when people quote scriptures. But here, it is completely appropriate, and you are just being irritating.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Those that do tend to interpret it literally when suits and then claim inference when suits.
They really do want the best of both worlds.

It is all dogma.

so...

lawyers referring to law appendixes are dogmatic?

what about doctors and medical journals?

mechanics and manuals?

you logic is flawed. it is based on the assumption that religion is blind faith and that it is nothing but an opinion. i understand that this is your position. but that doesnt automatically make your position the correct one.

i believe in the bible because that the conclusion my questions came to. if you disagree, that fine. but to ridicule a person for consulting their religious book in matters of faith strikes me as abit illogical

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

but to ridicule a person for consulting their religious book in matters of faith strikes me as abit illogical

And you find it logical that sex with an animal is the same as sex with two un-married consenting adult partners? Fascinating....

You all believe the bible 100%, right? Therefore, what I talked about earlier is true to you all. Disobeying one's parents is also the same as having sex with an animal, right? And if Daddy wants little Jimmy to perform a sexual act on him, little Jimmy has to say yes or he is going to hell. This makes sense to you all? I mean you either believe all of it or none of it, right? No gray areas in the bible for you all, right?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
And if Daddy wants little Jimmy to perform a sexual act on him, little Jimmy has to say yes or he is going to hell.

where do you get that from the bible? i thought you said you dont like interpretion...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

...what I talked about earlier is true to you all. Disobeying one's parents is also the same as having sex with an animal, right? And if Daddy wants little Jimmy to perform a sexual act on him, little Jimmy has to say yes or he is going to hell...

No, you just made it up. In a previous posting, I already discussed that issue. Perhaps you should read your own thread

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Miriam....it says in one or more of the posts on this thread and in the bible, that to disobey one's parents is a sin just like all the others brought up on here. So, what is little Jimmy to do when he is taught that he is going to hell if he doesn't do what Daddy says?

This is one of the many flaws in your reasoning, your logic and your book.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

This is one of the many flaws in your reasoning, your logic and your book.

no your logic. you jump to conclusions without first gathering all the facts. there is also a principle in the bible that god´s law supersedes all.

daddy is asking jimmy to break a law of god. jimmy is within his right to disobey.

jesus told the apostles to respect the local authorities. the pharisees told the apostles to stop preaching. what do they do? stop preaching and disobey jesus? or continue preaching and violate the local authority?

didnt jesus say pay back ceasars things to ceasar, but god´s things to god?

of course none of this matters to you anyway, what i dont understand is why you are so passionate about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ScienceDada

No, you just made it up. In a previous posting, I already discussed that issue. Perhaps you should read your own thread

Just because I read what you write, doesn't mean it will have any effect on me. I am stating a fact. In the bible it says that disobeying your parents is a sin just like any other. You all agree that all sins are the same and are punishable with the same thing. So, what did I make up?

Sex with an animal? Go to hell....
Sex between consenting non-married adults? Go to hell....
Disobey Daddy? Got go hell....

It's all or nothing with that bible. No gray areas....

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Originally posted by ScienceDada

If you don't like it, then go find a different thread that is not under Religion, Faith, And Theology and complain there when people quote scriptures. But here, it is completely appropriate, and you are just being irritating.

I have no problem with quoting scripture to support an opinion.
It is just that scripture is used literally when suits AND I am asked to believe someone's inference of scripture when suits.
One or the other.

If I am being irrtating; good.
I suggest you learn to accept that some people just don't see things as you do and come here to DISCUSS alternative viewpoints.

[edit on 24/8/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Just because I read what you write, doesn't mean it will have any effect on me.

Then this is no longer a forum or an exchange of ideas. You are just a troll, and this is a waste of time.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

daddy is asking jimmy to break a law of god. jimmy is within his right to disobey.

Contradiction. And, where does it say in the bible that one is allowed to sin in certain circumstances? Perhaps Daddy is breaking one of God's laws as you say. Then, Jimmy would still be breaking one of God's laws and would still go to hell. I guess, if you explain it this way: they both will go to hell. The predator and the victim, both evil and both going to hell.

Fascinating....

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Contraditction. And, where does it say in the bible that one is allowed to sin in certain circumstances?

not a contradiction at all. disobeying ones parents isnt a sin if the parents are demanding that the child break other laws.

but you didnt answer my question, why are you so passionate about this?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Just because I read what you write, doesn't mean it will have any effect on me.

Then this is no longer a forum or an exchange of ideas. You are just a troll, and this is a waste of time.

It most certianly is a forum/exchange of ideas. If I dislike your ideas, am I not allowed to ignore them? Isn't this an open forum and don't we have the freedom to do what we want? If I felt it justifed to respond, I would have. I felt no need to respond . Are your words so fascinating and awesome that we must all bow down and respond to every single comment you make? Aren't you being a bit arrogant assuming that every word you write we are all anxiously waiting to reply?

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Miriam....I am certainly passionate about it for a reason. Let's just leave it at that. What I'm discussing is quite serious and doesn't deserve the likes of Clearskies and HifiGuy to come in here and act like clowns.

But, I can't control what they do. They are responsible for their own behaviors and God still loves them in spite of themselves.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Miriam....I am certainly passionate about it for a reason. Let's just leave it at that. What I'm discussing is quite serious and doesn't deserve the likes of Clearskies and HifiGuy to come in here and act like clowns.

my question to you has nothing to do with clearskies or hifiguy. and i apologize but i cannot just leave it at that. the only purpose for this thread that i can see, is to put me down for my faith in the bible. i just cant see how a person so detached from the bible would specifically go about it the way you have. it doesnt make sense.

normally, people adapt a live and let live attitude when it comes to faith, but your trying to make me an example for something, why?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Miriam...I am not attacking you in this thread. What you said seriously bothered me, so I decided to start a thread to attack the belief. This is not a personal attack on you. I didn't even mention your name until someone brought you into it (I wasn't the one that brought you into it).

I was hoping you would take part in the thread as I wanted to dive deeper into this belief and why someone could possibly believe it and I wanted the views of others. I will never believe it so I'm not looking to be sold on it and my opinions...well, people can take them or leave them!

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

nothing personal but im going to have to press the ignore button on you.

your arguments (to me) hold little logic. i find myself feeling attacked by you even though you claim you are not. i find it in my best interest to move on.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

that book needs to be burned.

Not advisable, and I caution you:

Rev 22:19

If anyone takes away any words from the book of this prophecy, God will take away his portion of the tree of life and the holy city that are described in this book

For whoever keeps the whole law yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. (James 2:10)

Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins. (James 4:17)

Here it is in simpler terms.

Since you know both are wrong, then dont do them. You cant say one is wrong and then do the other. Therefore, do neither.

Peace

[edit on 24-8-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join