It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MKULTRA: CIA Mind Control and the creation of LSD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
MKULTRA: CIA Mind Control

MKULTRA is one of the most disturbing instances
of intelligence community abuse on record.

For many Americans, the 1950s were a docile decade. In U.S. history books, the period is mostly portrayed as a mellow, orderly one, especially in light of the social upheavals that followed in the 1960s. But for the CIA, the "I Like Ike" years were packed with adventure and action, much of it conducted outside of the public's view. Few programs were sheltered with more secrecy than the Agency's mind control experiments, identified together with the code-name MKULTRA.

The most notorious MKULTRA experiments were the CIA's pioneering studies of the drug that would years later feed the heads of millions: lysergic acid diethylamide, or '___'. The CIA was intrigued by the drug, and harbored hopes that acid or a similar drug could be used to clandestinely disorient and manipulate target foreign leaders. (The Agency would consider several such schemes in its pursuit of Cuban leader Fidel Castro, who they wanted to send into a drug-induced stupor or tirade during a public or live radio speech.) '___' was also viewed as a way to loosen tongues in CIA interrogations.

The CIA's '___' experiments were conducted on many unwitting subjects, most often prisoners or patrons of brothels set up and run by the Agency, which had installed two-way mirrors in the establishments to allow for observation of the drug's effects (these studies were referred to as "Operation Midnight Climax"). Some of the MKULTRA subjects who were informed faced even more inhumane treatment: during one experiment in Kentucky, seven volunteers were given '___' for 77 days straight.

Full Article

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This is old news, buddy. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this subject has been beaten to death.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I QUITE aware of how old the news is there buddy. I just posted it for those who might NOT. And judging from the Manson thread, there are some of you here who don't.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Riiiight. Sorry about that. It's just that this info has been released for a WHILE now, that's all. No hard feelings.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Riiiight. Sorry about that. It's just that this info has been released for a WHILE now, that's all. No hard feelings.

Mr. M

Nah i've seen it posted a million times

Including lately

new topics

top topics

join