It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Has Really Been Occurring In The Russian-Georgian Conflict

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What Has Really Been Occurring In The Russian-Georgian Conflict

www.rense.com

A First-Hand Report By An American In Russia

Note: This article was written by a retired Lt.-Col. in the U.S. military, who is currently residing in Russia. His article here helps clear up much of the misinformation people have been fed by the sadistic folks in Washington who are trying to promote WWIII. -ed

In 1991, South Ossetia was promised independence from the Soviet Union, and the Georgian Republic. However, when Georgia became independent it saw an opportunity to grab some land, and the terminals for two major oil pipelines. Since Georgia is essentially bankrupt and an economic basket case, they saw this as a viable option.

It should also be understood that contrary to the 30 years old CIA report that is being circulated, Georgia is now over 60% Moslem, with Moslems controlling the government, and South Ossetia - which is surrounded on three sides by Georgia - is over 80% Orthodox Christian. This is something else that amazes me about Bush's choice of "allies."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
(visit link for full story)

I am no expert and can't stand by this 100% but it seems a good primer to the conflict that has been growing for quite some time

I found it a very good read and quite informative, I learned from it

hope you find it a good read as well

peace

www.rense.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: spelling

[edit on 15-8-2008 by _Heretic]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
All the talk about Iran must have been a red herring to distract attention from what has been going on behind the scenes in Georgia. This is a total surprise to me, and a frightening one at that.
I had the sense that Bush was going to initiate something sinister before the election but I had no idea what. This might be it.
It looks like all hell is about to break loose.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by _Heretic

Read no further then " Georgia is now over 60% Moslem ".
a) I do not think that it is something wrong by itself.
b)However it is completely false. Check it for yourself. Search net for "demographics, georgia) and you will see that Lt Col was 500% wrong so about rest of stuff - i personaly would not be that relying upon it.
Retired US Lt Colonel living in Russia (already funny) does not know a lot about Georgia,apperently. Rense rules as usual!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Georgian surprise military attacks on South Ossetia and Abkhazia on 8.8.08 makes a closer look at the controversial Georgian President and his puppet masters important. An examination shows 41 year old Mikhail Saakashvili to be a ruthless and corrupt totalitarian who is tied to not only the US NATO establishment, but also to the Israeli military and intelligence establishment. The famous 'Rose Revolution of November 2003 that forced the ageing Edouard Shevardnadze from power and swept the then 36 year old US university graduate into power was run and financed by the US State Department, the Soros Foundations, and agencies tied to the Pentagon and US intelligence community.

Who's Fooling Who in the Georgian Zoo

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I must say, I wish the letter rang true. But some things in there don't. I am not prepared to accept this letter as proof of anything.

There is no doubt that sins have been committed ALL the parties involved here (except, maybe, the French). Whatever the fixation with a pipeline is, it is secondary to the image presented that Muslims are killing Christians as a matter of principle.

We've seen this crap before. It sounds to me like all the states are taking advantage of the regional fractious antagonism for one another. Except, I hear rumors there are some locals who were appalled at how these 'soldiers' went about their business, on both sides.

I am aware that there is a strong Israeli military connection to Georgia, however, neither side seems to have explored its presumptive relevance.

The 'excuse' enabling all this is the divisive nature of the population, ostensibly, either side wants the other dead, generally speaking. The major States can claim stewardship in their minds, but I think if one were to ask the locals, they probably want everyone to leave, and they will sort it out themselves. Why can that never happen?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
well I in no way wanted to present this as a Truth or proof of the reality of the conflict

but I am noticing a trend matching this viewpoint on multiple fronts worldwide that have already been discussed at ATS, yet not all follow this trend either sooo... *shrug*

another thing I consider is that once Soviets reinvented themselves to become the Russia they are today, they opened themselves up to covert infiltration by her enemies to create dissent, especially in the states far from home

This is how engineered regime changes work, send in some guys to create dissent, train them and arm them, them help them overthrow their own gov in a coup, and replace it with a pliable puppet government sympathetic to their cause

this fits the mold as to what Georgia underwent, and the oil terminals ARE a prize but it is my own conjecture

Originally posted by wayno
I had the sense that Bush was going to initiate something sinister before the election but I had no idea what. This might be it.
It looks like all hell is about to break loose.

Me too, but maybe the Iran option didn't have much public or geopolitical support and this could be one of many contingent plans

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by _Heretic

Read no further then " Georgia is now over 60% Moslem ".
a) I do not think that it is something wrong by itself.
b)However it is completely false. Check it for yourself. Search net for "demographics, georgia) and you will see that Lt Col was 500% wrong so about rest of stuff - i personaly would not be that relying upon it.
Retired US Lt Colonel living in Russia (already funny) does not know a lot about Georgia,apperently. Rense rules as usual!

I have read news which contradicts the demographic profile you suggest because he only said this Moslem population dominated in SOUTH Ossetia

Why do Ossetians want to break away?

The Ossetians are a distinct ethnic group originally from the Russian plains just south of the Don river. In the 13th Century, they were pushed southwards by Mongol invasions into the Caucasus mountains, settling along the border with Georgia.

South Ossetians want to join up with their ethnic brethren in North Ossetia, which is an autonomous republic within the Russian Federation.

Ethnic Georgians are a minority in South Ossetia, accounting for less than one-third of the population.

But Georgia rejects even the name South Ossetia, preferring to call it by the ancient name of Samachablo, or Tskhinvali, after its main city.

Source: BBC News

The article doesn't mention who the majority race is in S. Ossetia so I don't offer this as proof they are Moslem

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yeah these are muslims.. but mulism are not the enemy. Radical Arabic Islamofacism is.

Remember it was muslims in Bosnia that we were protecting.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Yeah these are muslims.. but mulism are not the enemy. Radical Arabic Islamofacism is.

I totally agree, Muslims are not the enemy and they are getting a really bad rep because of the fundamentalist. I have been seeing a major increase in Muslim demonization in the press the last few months

could they be a tool being used right now?

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Funny for you to mention it, Iran is not Arabic, Siria is not an Arab nation so what will it be? Make up your mind.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Before any of this started, just to see how Democratic this guy and his goverment is.Police storming the tv station to shut it down.Of course it's all for democracy.

Haray haray...not to mention Americans were involved as victims.

What a bunch of BS , the democratic Georgia our ally blah blah blah and crap.People should aks their selfs.This happened before any war was going on.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Fox News did a scathing news segment tonight, faulting BushCo for being blindsided by this incident. They said Russia was encouraged by the fact they got away with it, while we did nothing in response until Bush came home from China.

They also talked about the danger of Russia taking control of the BTC pipeline.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
More on the democratic republic of Georgia before the war.Police beating up peaceful protestors in a barbaric way.

What the hell is this?

It's the young democracy in Georgia.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Fox News did a scathing news segment tonight, faulting BushCo for being blindsided by this incident. They said Russia was encouraged by the fact they got away with it, while we did nothing in response until Bush came home from China.

the spin machine is in overdrive on all sides of this event

I'm a little worried on how this spin will effect public opinion on both sides as well

and great posts Pepsi78, a great contribution to this thread

I have to keep remembering to close my mouth cause my jaw keeps dropping while watching those videos

troubled times indeed

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Not alot of new news bits in the last few hours but there has been some blogs and stuff that defend the Georgia stance

Soviet Style Aggression By Russia Worries West Invasion into Georgia Creates Fear Throughout America & Europe

Russian expansion into South Ossetia is the latest example of Soviet style aggression. 4 decades after the Prague Spring, Georgians feel today what Czechs felt in 1968.

Source

Russian Soldiers Loot Georgian Towns and Villages
Thursday, August 14, 2008

We have information from reliable sources that Russian soldiers along with North Caucasian bandits and South Ossetian separatist bands are looting Georgian towns and villages.

Source

This is a tale of US expansion not Russian aggression

War in the Caucasus is as much the product of an American imperial drive as local conflicts. It's likely to be a taste of things to come

Source

Group: Russians drop cluster bombs in Georgia

(CNN) -- An international rights group said Friday it has evidence that Russian aircraft dropped cluster bombs in populated areas of Georgia, killing and injuring dozens of civilians during the territorial conflict that has gripped the region.

Source

Digg: 92% of CNN readers: Russia's actions in Georgia - justified!

Source

I am finding more sympathizers for Russia than US/Georgia

if you find anything new post em up, I like balance

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
That is total disinformation. 85% of Georgia practices Orthodox Christianity not Islam like the retired Lt.Col reports.:>>>>>

According to the Constitution of Georgia, religious institutions are separate from government and every citizen has the right of religion. However, most of the population of Georgia (82%) practices Orthodox Christianity and Georgian Orthodox Church is an influential institution in the country.

The Gospel was preached in Georgia by the Apostles, Andrew the First Called, Simon the Canaanite, and Matthias. Iberia was officially converted to Christianity in 326 [71] by Saint Nino of Cappadocia, who is considered to be the Enlightener of Georgia and the Equal to Apostles by the Orthodox Church. The Georgian Orthodox Church, once being under the See of Antioch, gained an autocephalous status in the 4th century during the reign of King Vakhtang Gorgasali.

Religious minorities of Georgia include Russian Orthodox (2%), Armenian Christians (3.9%), Muslims (9.9%), Roman Catholics (0.8%), as well as sizeable Jewish Communities and various Protestant minorities.[73]

Despite the long history of religious harmony in Georgia,[74] there have been several instances of religious discrimination in the past decade, such as the Vasil Mkalavishvili Case.[75]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
people need to flag and star this thread... It is the total opposite of what the main scrap media is reporting... the christian south ossetians were being slaughtered by the muslim georgians.... it was a genocide. over 2,000 south ossetians were killed yet no one is reporting this!

[edit on 16-8-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This was a terrorist act by georgia and it was dealt with accordingly.. Now was Russia a bit oppurtonistic? yes... however considering the extreme loss of life (2000) of civilians.. And if you compare there response to ours after 911.. it was not aggressive. Georgia is a terrorist state backed by the Bush regime... amazing

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I just love how the media says police use high tech equipment to disperse crowd... and they are using batons! the spin machine is everywhere. Georgia is a terrorist state... plain and simple

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Let me Translate that....

Fox News Is promoting we (The USA) militarily respond. IE start WW3.
Fox News is saying Russia Is at fault for this and should be stoped no matter what the cost.

Anything Fox News says you can basically turn it around if you want the truth. 99% of what they say is BS.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join