It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush accuses Russia of 'bullying and intimidation'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Bush accuses Russia of 'bullying and intimidation'

ap.google.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Bush on Friday accused Russia of "bullying and intimidation" in its harsh military treatment of Georgia, saying the people in the former Soviet republic have chosen freedom and "we will not cast them aside."

Bush ratcheted up his rhetoric against Moscow as Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was in Tbilisi, Georgia to pursue a diplomatic solution to the week-old crisis. Standing alongside Rice, pro-Western President Mikhail Saakashvili said he had signed a cease-fire agreement with Russia that protects Georgia's interests despite concessions to Moscow.

Rice said all Russian troops "must leave immediately" and said she had been told that Russian President Dmitry Medvedev will sign an identical pact.

The rush of events came as Bush began a two-week holiday from Washington. He left the White House after his remarks and flew to his ranch in Texas. Rice is to arrive there early Saturday to brief the president about the showdown between Moscow and Tbilisi over two separatist provinces in Georgia.

"Georgia's sovereignty and territorial integrity must be respected," said Bush, speaking just outside the Oval Office.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Every time bush minor opens his mouth on this issue the irony just gets thicker and thicker.

Given Iraq and his overall behavior over the past 7 years its probably best that he shut up.

He has castrated our ability to do anything anyway.

ap.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

got to hand it to him
hes been taking a master class with comical ali

this man is going to kill us with his sheer jokes

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There was only one thing that popped into my mind when I first read this headline.

What a HYPOCRITE!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Do you reckon he says this sort of stuff then ends up sitting next to Putin at the olympics and there's a reaaallly awkward silence between them?

Bush: "Sooooo...."
Putin: "Soo........ weather's not bad?"
Bush: "Yeah, yeah, not too bad....."

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

On that you are right, what credibility our nation have with Bush and his foreign policies in the middle east.

Between Russia and Bush we all know who is the biggest bully, I just can not get off my mind the hypocrisy.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think the President honestly can't see the hypocrisy in his statements.
The neo-con's are so far removed from reality and living in their own
distorted ideological world; they think we are so stupid that we believe them. Even my Republican, Baptist, Texan mother, just lowered her eyes and shook her head in disbelief.

I am almost at a loss for words.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Georgia starts this war by bombing civilians in South Ossetia, Russia promptly kicks their ass and Russia is a bully!?!?

Is there no end to the stupidity coming out of the White House these days?
Hell, someone needs to be slapping Putin on the back saying "GOOD JOB!" Not complaining about how he's a bully.

Everytime Bush opens his mouth this lifelong Republican voter is one step closer to voting for Obama.

Unbelieveable!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well what do you expect from a cross eyed moron, I feel sorry for those Americans who have to suffer the greatest fool in the whole of Christendom that has been foisted on them by the Corporate owners of America.

How is it that a country with so many smart people can end up with the village idiot of the 21st Century.

And if there was a gold medal at the Olympics for village idiots all the Bush tribe would win one, I'd like to laugh but its not funny is it.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I maintain that the Russian response in Georgia is so out of proportion to the provcation that the only realistic explaination that makes sense to me is that it has nothing to do with South Ossetia...

... rather the new Czars have determined that thanks to Iraq and the damage that it has done to our miltary and its ability to respond (not to mention our crediblity in the world at large) now is the time to start reconquoring its former territories.

This is nothing less than a reassertation of the former Russian empire.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
This is nothing less than a reassertation of the former Russian empire.

Only a few months before the US election... what a coincidence.

US backed Georgia attacks Russia, knowing they will not win. The media turns it on its head and paints Russia as the aggressor.

Looks like some viewers are actually believing the charade.

We will see more of this in the next few months, leading up to the US election.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Its not a coincidence... what better time to do it? A lame duck president with virtually no real power left and a hamstrung military.

It was the prefect time. And I expect to see more such provocations as the years go on... whenever the new czars see the chance.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I like the way they pull those stern faces when they address Russia's 'misdeeds' , like some teacher trying to address some unruly pupil . Except this isn't any pupil and pulling admonishing faces along with the bellicose hypocritical rhetoric isn't going to do anything but increase the merriment of laughter pointed at your foolish president and rice . US wants to go bear baiting , they'll need more than that .

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There is a thread here already with this link, but it is just so appropriate I have to give it here, in view of Bush accusing any other country of bullying.
english.pravda.ru...

Currently Bush is the most notorious murderer of mankind, yet at the same time, village idiot applies equally.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Hey now come on don't speak bad about village idiots... they can't help it.

top topics

join