It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Seizes Arsenal Of US Weapons In Georgia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't advise anyone american to go on vacation in the Caucasus any time in the next few decades , they won't see things quite the way you do and you might come back singing soprano.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

i hear most of the russian troops in georgia are chechynia vets. they look a little ragtag, more like a rebel army, but that's how the Red Army rolls. i'd also like to get into a conversation about the hardware being used in this conflict. i've seen pics of ancient looking T-64s alongside brand new T-90s. also seen some smoldering T-82s....

now think about this:

Russia has had a real-life shooting gallery/training ground down in chechynia for 10 years. the US has had Iraq and afghanistan. these two armies are nearly ready to face off, i think.

wow! what a surprise lefthook it would be if the US and Russia skirmish. totally off my radar.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Russia is the biggest arms exporter not the US or the UK

The AK 47 is found all over the world and used by all most terrorist organizations, liberation guerrilla groups

If someone invaded the US how many SKSs and AKs would be found.

We should have supplied them with some Barrett lite 50s with slap rounds, Anti tank and Anti Air weapons.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Russia seizes more US equipment in port of Poti.

online.wsj.com...

Some 70 Russian peacekeeping forces entered the port grounds Tuesday morning on armored personnel carriers, jeeps and an army truck, according to Georgian government and port officials. They detained 20 Georgian soldiers and confiscated their weapons. They left about four hours later for their base near the Georgian town of Senaki, taking the detainees with them. The Georgian soldiers were driven away on top of APCs, handcuffed and blindfolded, and Russian soldiers trained their automatic rifles on them as they rode back to Senaki.

The Russians also confiscated five jeeps and an armored Humvee belonging to the U.S. armed forces, according to Alan Middleton, CEO of Poti Sea Port Corp. He said the equipment was used for joint U.S.-Georgian military exercises and was sitting in the Poti container terminal ready to be shipped back to a U.S. base in Europe.

"I suppose the U.S. won't be impressed by losing their equipment," said Mr. Middleton.

The port had been forced to shut down Tuesday due to the Russian deployment, he said. There were ships waiting to come into Poti and others waiting to leave, he added.

In addition, the Russian forces commandeered a Georgian navy motor launch that was berthed on the port's breakwater. They tugged it to the nearby Georgian coast guard harbor and blew it up, according to Mr. Middleton and Georgian officials.

5 jeeps and an armored Humvee. Since the Georgians must have lied about them being ready to be shipped back, the Russians must have figured "Nah, we'll take them anyway, just to piss off the US a little further."

They could have let those go, and instead insured they left on the next outbound ship.

The port was closed for two days after Russian planes bombed Poti on Aug. 8, at the start of the war, but since then it had been operating normally.

What I don't understand here is how a port gets bombed and then is in operation two days later. Either they've got the fastest reconstruction crew on the planet, or the port suffered very little damage. I tend to side with the latter.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

So the Russians violated the ceasefire by going into a port, seized Georgian troops and made them prisoner, and seized the American owned Humvees. Interesting that the Russians were so eager to break the ceasefire.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
So the Russians violated the ceasefire by going into a port, seized Georgian troops and made them prisoner, and seized the American owned Humvees. Interesting that the Russians were so eager to break the ceasefire.

lol, well where did it say any shots were fired? Cease fire means no shooting, not cease seizures.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
LOL

The M40A3' began life as a hunting rifle.
The US military uses a lot of hunting rifles as sniper rifles.
All they do is dress them in camo paint and give them a military model number.
The M40A3 is a Remington 700 hunting rifle.

What is the difference between a hunting rifle and a snipers rifle.
the sniper must use ammo that conforms to the Geneva convention rules
the hunter can use more lethal rounds like hollow points.

I hear the have hogs in the country of Georgia almost as big as the hogs in the state of Georgia USA
maybe they just have a lot of rednecks there too.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The M40A3' began life as a hunting rifle.
The US military uses a lot of hunting rifles as sniper rifles.
All they do is dress them in camo paint and give them a military model number.

Well, there is a bit more work into making it a sniper rifle as opposed to making a civilian hunting rifle.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join