It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Georgia conflict is the 'first serious crisis internationally since the end of the Cold War.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Russia is one country with a Stable Government we can use diplomacy with. Russia has fought back against a country that invaded it. Or should they wait for Moscow to burn before responding?

And I think TWO WARS with a THIRD ONE being promised if McBush is elected... That's kind of International.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think the reason he said this is because the US can do nothing about this and that stings. They can try but then we'd all be screwed. HOPEFULLY, that means McCain has some sense after all.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
Russia is one country with a Stable Government we can use diplomacy with.

Thankfully.

Russia has fought back against a country that invaded it. Or should they wait for Moscow to burn before responding?

No it didn't. Georgia didn't touch Russia. At all. They didn't even touch the border.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Iraq and Afghanistan were invasion-occupations, not real wars. If this Georgia thing escalates too far, the US could be involved in an actual war, possibly with Russia. I think that's what he (and everyone else in the world) is afraid of.

Originally posted by ben420
Believe it or not, I think Bush is actually more intelligent than McCain.

If that turns out to be true then God help us all.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I sincerely thought we couldn't get any worse than the Bush-Kerry race in 2004.

We are close to hitting rock bottom with McCain-Obama. Two of the most ignorant, out-of-touch candidates every in history.

I don't think we are at rock bottom, we passed that back in 2000 when Bush stole the election. Ever since we plowed below the barrel.

Pretty soon it'll start to get warm if we keep going into the ground.

But I don't care what my co-workers and friends say about it (even my dad, as much as I try to point it out to him how McCain is Bush 3.0), I'll be voting for someone else, even if I have to write in someone. Maybe I'll take an idea from Lewis Black and write in Ronald Reagan. A dead President could do a better job than these wackos.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by malganis

They were, and are wars. The Iraq War ring a bell? When it started it was a war, now that its gone to hell people try to spin things but its a war.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Johnmike

Um, Afganistan attacking America isn't International? This lead to TWO WARS involving the UN, United Nations, as in diferent Nations, International. Neocon logic is the only way to say something that invovles International response is not International.

A 10 year old could tell you that it wasn't Afghanistan that attacked America

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

Yes, it was. The Taliban controlled Afganistan, we invaded Afganistan, we overthrew the Afganistan Government and placed a new one. Duh.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
so the Russinas are the bad guys again?

who's next?

we are running out of bad guys...

lol

TPTB are silly...

Dr. Carol Rosin in the Disclosure Project
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

Yeah sure, in the way that the War on Terrorism and the War on Drugs are wars
you can call anything a war these days, but you'll only know what a real war is when it actually happens and you're actually scared. I meant real wars. As in both sides attacking each other. I don't remember Iraq even getting close to the US, or any Americans being scared of losing that one, because it was a simple one-sided invasion.

Now if you were at war with Russia, that would be a real war because you'd actually both be trying to destroy each other and it would become a serious international crisis. That's what McCain is saying.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

They've got to keep defense spending up somehow.

Who do you think bankrolls the GOP if not defense contractors and oil companies?

They want a return on their investment.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by ben420

Yes, it was. The Taliban controlled Afganistan, we invaded Afganistan, we overthrew the Afganistan Government and placed a new one. Duh.

The united states government was conducting business with the taliban for the pipe deal - 911 was conducted by saudi nationals -

get an idea.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The reality of this is tha tif Russia is pushed and the west continue to push China and Iran as they have been then there will simply be a reaction from the political south - I can see the next global conflict not being a clash of civilisations between east and west - christianity and islam - rather between the south and the north.

Mark my words.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
McCain is completely off his rocker. Even if you don't agree with Obama, at least he isn't nutz like McCain. People, when comparing the "lessor of 2 evils", Obama wins hands down. Our country may not be optimal with Obama, but our country is screwed if McCain gets to office. SCREWED.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Im not voting for McCain simply because of his and John Kerry's determend efforts to put a lid on any investigations into the Vietnam POW/MIA question.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
McCain looks like Dr. Evil from Austin Powers. Top that off with the fact he was POW for 2 years and most likely tortured, I'm gonna bet hes not sane enough to be president.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

reply to post by ben420

How old are you? Al-Qaeda attacked America. America invaded Afghanistan and installed a new one after 9/11

Duh right back at you

Get a brain kid.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
McCain is completely off his rocker. Even if you don't agree with Obama, at least he isn't nutz like McCain. People, when comparing the "lessor of 2 evils", Obama wins hands down. Our country may not be optimal with Obama, but our country is screwed if McCain gets to office. SCREWED.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Except Obama has recently pretty much said he is in agreement with McCain's stance and the recent stance taken by Bush...so...it's pretty much the same. It's like playing Russian roulette, maybe America will catch on one day and realize the choice of two parties nowadays is really nothing but choosing a different face for the same agenda.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Does everyone think we can discuss the topic and not each other?

And PLEASE stop with the "duh" comments... It really does not look good on either side...

Sounds like something one of the candidates would say..

Semper

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
I meant real wars. As in both sides attacking each other. I don't remember Iraq even getting close to the US, or any Americans being scared of losing that one, because it was a simple one-sided invasion.

I don't know which statement is more ill-founded or comical - McInsane's or the one above.

So Iraq isn't a war... ok... how about telling that to the families of roughly 4000 soldiers who have died in the 'simple one-sided invasion'. How did Iraqi fighters kill these 4000 US troops if they didn't manage to get close to them?

McInsane and Obama are two sides of the same coin. America, you're screwed in this election, no matter who you vote for. Which means that us Aussies are screwed by proxy, as we might as well be your 51st State.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join