It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A round of Applause for the Secret Service.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Although I am not always a fan of the current administration's policies, it dawned on me today while watching the early news casts, how good of a job these people are doing.

What caught my eye was footage of Obama on a beach in Hawaii, and while the Secret Service was not noticeable right away (camouflaged in board shorts it seems), they were there. Some fans of Obama were saying hi to him, and maybe getting a bit close. At first it seemed strange that they were so close, but it was mostly camera angle. So when it panned out a bit, you could see Secret Service Agent all around in board shorts holding towels wrapped around their firearms. Very classy.

It also brought me back to what a good job they do. We have had one of the most polarizing Presidents in our history. I am sure that the number of protesters have always outnumbered our Secret Service agents during the functions surrounding this administration. They have always kept their cool for the most part, and acted accordingly.

I hope you all can join me in applauding the work of these agents. They have done an amazing job in reacting to possible threats, but also not overreacting as well.

To many more years of amazing service!

DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I am with you on this applause. Starred for bringing this up.
I have met a few SS agents and White House marines. They are just people that have an amazing job to do, putting aside personal, political and religious beliefs to just do their job. Can you imagine going to work knowing that you may have to kill or be killed for someone that you may or may not support or care about? And still do the job anyway? It takes strong conviction to do that job.

As to the agents, the ones I have met are just normal guys who live normal lives.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thanks again to these wonderful people!

I've never had an opportunity to see an SS agent in board shorts before (that I'm aware of) but the prospect that they *might* *just might* hang ten on a surfboard in their spare time makes them all the cooler in my eyes.

Great job guys! Thanks a million!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

reply to post by wheresthetruth

I agree. I really respect the challenges they must face on a day to day.

Here is a different video than the one I saw of him walking on the beach. But it shows some similar looking gents with Obama. Best one I could find... I apologize for whatever political rhetoric surrounds the video, I didn't even bother to look at it.
DocMoreau

www.swamppolitics.com...

top topics

join