It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experience that just occurred in my house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
At about 2 o'clock this afternoon I was sat downstairs eating a sandwich whilst watching TV when I heard banging coming from above my head, in my parents bedroom. I live with my family, but there is only myself and the dog in the house today. At first I thought it was the dog who'd maybe been chasing her tail in the room, or constantly jumping up and down from the bed or even chasing an insect. But when I went to investigate the dog was sat at the bottom of the stairs, looking scared and nervous. The door to the bedroom was closed, so I went upstairs to check and took a few photgraphs with my phone.

However upon looking at them I can't see anything strange, yet while I write this I can still hear banging. The door is still closed, and the windows weren't open and still aren't open. It's just so strange

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ShiningSabrewolf

Dude
check for practical joke

check water pipes as they can bang like hell when there is a change of temp or pressure etc

check wind conditions an look for anything loose outside the house

check your parents have not been recording themselves humping and mistakingly left the tape playing

Check for rodents, small things can sound bigger when chomping on timber

Check your dog hasn't braught a dog slut home and hid her in you mums wardrobe

check your neighbours are not nicking the xmas tree in the attick

check for emty plastic bottles as they can scare the # out of you when they reshape and your on your todd.

Have a look for early xmas presents in your parents room , you never know your mum could be blonde and baught you a pet in a sale

If all this fails and the noise is still there, be afraid be very afraid.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i once got the crap scared out of me when i was home alone. i heard what sounded like a young child's scream coming from the heat/AC vent. i thought maybe i was hearing things, but i kept hearing it. i got up close to the vent so i could get a real good listen. after sitting there a few minutes i again heard this shrill scream. i bolted to my friend's house down the road and told him about it. when we went back he was able to hear it to. after a couple of these we started to notice there was squealing, like brakes that are worn out. i still had the front door open and i heard a semi accelerate a few seconds later. we lived near a pretty busy intersection. turns out every time a truck would stop at the light, the squealing from the brakes resonated in my ducts a certain way that it sounded like a kid screaming.

just trying to point out that mundane things can really scare you if you don't figure out what they are.

[edit]

p.s. WTF does "on your todd" mean?

[edit on 15-8-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

p.s. WTF does "on your todd" mean?

Means alone.

Cool tale of the mundane dude

hey how come on ATS your allowed to say crap but not allowed to say # when they are the same thing?

Maybe its time I started a thread on what is and is not profane and most imporatantly why.

No doubt the god squad will want their say and will drag it out for eternity with some ridiculous pious pap.

Here's a cool tale when I first got my PC I was surfing around 2am, I was only on 1 website graham hancock, just reading away.
Suddenly a voice talking jibberish came through my speakers, fluck me dude I left my swivel chair at the speed of sound. No doubt some techi explanation for it, but just shows how pussy we can be when ignorant.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
the number of knocks might be important.

Three in a row would seem to be a bad bad thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
ShiningSabrewolf Just to let you know your not the only one to experience something like this and that it might be a good idea for somebody to be with you right now as this is happening or record it somehow, you might get a bit more activity over the next month or so if this is the first time.

It has been a long time since I experienced something like this directly, but luckily i knew i wasnt crazy becasue i had two other members of my family with me and we all heard it, it wasnt just knocking either there where very specific sounds of door opening and someone running up the stairs, this happened a few more times within a month or two after the first time we all heard it at different times but never together again.

ofcourse it could be something else, but paranormal activity is really not uncommon, it could be a spirit that just wants your attention or wants to tell you something, these things can be scary but are never harmful.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Boostah]

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Boostah]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Dude
check for practical joke

No practical joke, the only person who'd possibly do something like that is my brother, and he wouldn't dare set up something in my parents room. He also hasn't played one on me for at least ten years.

check water pipes as they can bang like hell when there is a change of temp or pressure etc

This is true but the water pipes from upstairs go through my rooms wall, so I'm well aware of what they sound like and that they're in the wrong place to be what I heard

check wind conditions an look for anything loose outside the house

Nothing loose outside, except for the downstairs plants, and it was a calm and sunny day

check your parents have not been recording themselves humping and mistakingly left the tape playing

Whilst this is somewhat disturbing one of the pictures happens to off the TV that was off in plain view, so no dice there...

Check for rodents, small things can sound bigger when chomping on timber

Possibly, but I haven't seen any sign of any rodent infestation for at least two years

Check your dog hasn't braught a dog slut home and hid her in you mums wardrobe

Lmao, nope, no dog slut in the wardrobe XD. But what's even worse is that my dog is female and spayed

check your neighbours are not nicking the xmas tree in the attick

LOL not a chance, would have seen them at the bottom of the stairs and both the front and back doors were locked

check for emty plastic bottles as they can scare the # out of you when they reshape and your on your todd.

Absolutely 100% true, those things have made me jump so many times. However it was completely the wrong type of sound to have been made by them, and hardly worth an investigation. It was like the dog had jumped off the bed and started banging around on the floor, or somebody was moving the furniture around up there. Of course, nothing has actually moved and the dog was at the bottom of the stairs

Have a look for early xmas presents in your parents room , you never know your mum could be blonde and baught you a pet in a sale

Good idea but again no dice, we can't have any more pets in the house because the dog would go insane and try to play with and/or attack them. She definitely wouldn't be looking scared, she'd be right up there trying to get in.

If all this fails and the noise is still there, be afraid be very afraid.

I'm scared....

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Good point and one I took into consideration, that's why I went up to have a look. But that's never happened before so if it is mundane then it must be something altered recently, and nothing has been (

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Maybe its time I started a thread on what is and is not profane and most imporatantly why.

No doubt the god squad will want their say and will drag it out for eternity with some ridiculous pious pap

Why not start a thread about that? It would be useful for those of us who do get scared because we are alone and stress that not everything we don't know is paranormal.

... and what would this 'god squad' be wanting to do? S

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buckarama
the number of knocks might be important.

Three in a row would seem to be a bad bad thing.

Oh? Why is that then?

The banging didn't exactly have a tone or rhythm to it though...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boostah
ShiningSabrewolf Just to let you know your not the only one to experience something like this and that it might be a good idea for somebody to be with you right now as this is happening or record it somehow, you might get a bit more activity over the next month or so if this is the first time.

It has been a long time since I experienced something like this directly, but luckily i knew i wasnt crazy becasue i had two other members of my family with me and we all heard it, it wasnt just knocking either there where very specific sounds of door opening and someone running up the stairs, this happened a few more times within a month or two after the first time we all heard it at different times but never together again.

ofcourse it could be something else, but paranormal activity is really not uncommon, it could be a spirit that just wants your attention or wants to tell you something, these things can be scary but are never harmful.

Unfortunately everyone else was at work, but even so after the UFO incident I'm not sure they'd even own up to hearing it afterwards. The rest of the family I live with are sceptical religious types too, so they'd probably tell me to stop being silly and that it's all in my head

I left my camera at my bfs house, so there was unfortunately no way for me to record it when it was happening. I only had my phone, and it's memory is very small since someone broke the memory card it used to have so I took the pics instead as a video wouldn't have lasted very long.

It's interesting to hear about your experiences, and it isn't the first time something unexplained has happened in the house, from footsteps walking up the stairs and stopping outside my door when there was no-one there, and my TV turning itself on in the middle of the night, but it is the most recent and the first time something quite this loud has happened.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Unfortunately everyone else was at work, but even so after the UFO incident I'm not sure they'd even own up to hearing it afterwards. The rest of the family I live with are sceptical religious types too, so they'd probably tell me to stop being silly and that it's all in my head .

Duh ? what UFO incident ? I dont recall u mentioning that, it kinda puts a new spin on things.

Sorry to have made light of your plight seeing as your scared at the mo.

However you have to positively not jump to conclusions of paranormal activity especially when your on your own.

Houses change throughout the day and night and we have to bare that in mind, they also change with age and seasons. Like it or not houses move even if ever so minutely and the things in our homes do much the same.

I'm not trying to say that your being irrational but at this stage if you think about it your fear is somewhat irrational.

So isnt it a better idea to be smart than scared?

Over the years Iv'e (as I'm sure most people have) heard some weird noises in my homes and to be fair many of them have gone unexplained.

But here I am still alive ready to be startled again and no doubt I will be.

Recently my kids had gone to visit their mum, and the atmosphere in the house completely changed as it normally does, a deafening silence to quote someone or other.
Whilst laying in bed awake in the early hours ( I suffer a sleep disorder , never get married so you never have to suffer trauma of divorce) a very loud crack frightend the shiit out of me.
The noise had appeared to come from right beside me and because the world outside was in silence and the only sound was the hum of the clock and the beat of my pulse in my ear on the pillow(ever get that ? what a bastard) I practically leapt out of bed.

After a second or so my relaxed and foggy brain finally switchded on and I remembered it was the freezer downstairs, when the thing is on defrost reguraly you can hear a loud crack an a knock, but this noramally goes unoticed during daily activity.

On this occassion I went for a pee and could hear another noise, a sort of dull tapping, as I'd allredy been startled I was immediately on pins. I did not recognise this noise. I went down stairs having told myself dont be an arsehole on a noise hunt.
Unbelievably I couldn't locate where this noise was coming from, it was regular and repeating . So i chose a logical frame of mind, which was "what was the very worst thing that could happen to me that night?"

So I went back to bed thinking f*** it , and eventually nodded off, in the morning I was still alive and unfortunately yet again, no gorgeous lady had krept in an seduced me while I was in the land of nod.

I forgot all about the noise that day until i went round picking up crap that my kids had dumped. As i bent down to pick up a game cover I could hear the tapping again.

Incredibly the noise was coming from the XBox which I hadnt noticed had been left on, the disc was still spinning tap tap and the machine was slightly up against the side of the unit.
Obviously in the dead of night this sound was somehow being amplified up the walls or cables etc int my rooom.

So there you go be calm be rational and think , what the F** whats the worst can happen.

I find it highly unlikely an alien would want to pop in and eat me unless it was really thick and not realize the shiite humans eat would probably kill it.

Hope that's cheered you up a little

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yeah seriously, if you have lived there for a while and this is the first "weird" incident I would not jump to the conclusion that it is supernatural. If the noises go on for a while (as in for several seconds) I would consider banging on the ceiling and yelling at it to hush, that would probably cause a sentient being (even a small animal) to hesitate and quiet down for a bit, whether it was animal in nature or not.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShiningSabrewolf
it isn't the first time something unexplained has happened in the house, from footsteps walking up the stairs and stopping outside my door when there was no-one there, and my TV turning itself on in the middle of the night, but it is the most recent and the first time something quite this loud has happened.

Oh...just read this part. Well I would still consider talking to "it", if it is sentient (and not some time/space glitch, can't remember the term for that kind of haunting) I would still try asking whatever it is to please keep quiet especially when you are alone in the house because you become frightened when it makes its presence known. Can't hurt to ask.

A while back my 28 year old niece bought a house, it was just her and her dog. She is not at ALL the type to see ghosts, get psychic visions, or the like. She told me a story about her 5th night in teh new house. She was in bed, just her and her dog alone in the house. She heard the downstairs door close (it was dead bolted) and then heard someone walking up the stairs to her bedroom. Her dog stared at the door and started to growl.

She sat in bed and went into a long rant about how she just moved in and she liked the house and wanted to stay and "it" could stay too but she hoped there would not be any problems. She says she ranted on for about 20 minutes. That was the one and only incident, 4 years later nothing odd has happened. I told her if the house was haunted whatever "it" was probably didn't want to listen to her ramble on quite so much, so it decided to leave or become less noticable.

Personally I am surprised she handled the situation so well, I would have freaked out big time, especially if I thought someone could be in the house.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Why not start a thread about that? It would be useful for those of us who do get scared because we are alone and stress that not everything we don't know is paranormal.

Well I was refering to profanity as in swearing etc, but now you mention it your idea has merit I hadn't thought of.

Suerly if you are scared because you are alone your 2 real options are

1 Dont be alone

2 learn to be not scared

Which would ypu personally opt for?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I found "dog slut" rather amusing. Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111
reply to post by moocowman

I found "dog slut" rather amusing. Thanks for the laugh!

Your welcome

2 Dogs in a Vets, the doberman asks the boxer -
"Dude why you here, you sick?"

the boxer replies "Naw, I bit the kid, the little waster has learned to crawl and grabbed my balls, it hurt like hell and I couldnt help but give him a nip. So now they won't take a risk and are cutting off my balls tomorrow, damn kid"

"Anyhow why you here?" asks the boxer

"It's my mistress, she's a damned slut" Replies the doberman
" There I am patrolling round the house checking things out, I gets to the mistresses room and there she is stark naked bending over doing her excercises"

"My god what did you do ?" asks the boxer

" Well what do yo think I did stupid?" replies the doberman

"That mistress of mine is one hot babe, I couldnt help myself dude, I got up on there and went at it Doberman style for a good 10 minutes"

"My god !" exclaims the boxer " Dont tell me their cutting your balls off too?"

"No way" says the doberman " For some reason I'm having my nails clipped again"

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Unfortunately everyone else was at work, but even so after the UFO incident I'm not sure they'd even own up to hearing it afterwards. The rest of the family I live with are sceptical religious types too, so they'd probably tell me to stop being silly and that it's all in my head .

Duh ? what UFO incident ? I dont recall u mentioning that, it kinda puts a new spin on things.

I put that up in the UFO's and Aliens forum, although I was more looking (hoping) for a rational explanation to it as it didn't resemble anything I recognised from the way it moved. And afterwards everyone who saw it/I told about it denied it even happened.

Here's the link if you want to have a look

Sorry to have made light of your plight seeing as your scared at the mo.

However you have to positively not jump to conclusions of paranormal activity especially when your on your own.

Houses change throughout the day and night and we have to bare that in mind, they also change with age and seasons. Like it or not houses move even if ever so minutely and the things in our homes do much the same.

I'm not trying to say that your being irrational but at this stage if you think about it your fear is somewhat irrational.

So isnt it a better idea to be smart than scared?

True... although I meant the 'I'm scared' comment as humourous

[quoue]So there you go be calm be rational and think , what the F** whats the worst can happen.

I find it highly unlikely an alien would want to pop in and eat me unless it was really thick and not realize the shiite humans eat would probably kill it.

Hope that's cheered you up a little

It has heh, thanks. And the stories you gave were interesting too. Love the joke above this post btw, awesome. Oh and the 'pounding blood in your ear' is annoying.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by ShiningSabrewolf
it isn't the first time something unexplained has happened in the house, from footsteps walking up the stairs and stopping outside my door when there was no-one there, and my TV turning itself on in the middle of the night, but it is the most recent and the first time something quite this loud has happened.

Oh...just read this part. Well I would still consider talking to "it", if it is sentient (and not some time/space glitch, can't remember the term for that kind of haunting) I would still try asking whatever it is to please keep quiet especially when you are alone in the house because you become frightened when it makes its presence known. Can't hurt to ask.

A while back my 28 year old niece bought a house, it was just her and her dog. She is not at ALL the type to see ghosts, get psychic visions, or the like. She told me a story about her 5th night in teh new house. She was in bed, just her and her dog alone in the house. She heard the downstairs door close (it was dead bolted) and then heard someone walking up the stairs to her bedroom. Her dog stared at the door and started to growl.

She sat in bed and went into a long rant about how she just moved in and she liked the house and wanted to stay and "it" could stay too but she hoped there would not be any problems. She says she ranted on for about 20 minutes. That was the one and only incident, 4 years later nothing odd has happened. I told her if the house was haunted whatever "it" was probably didn't want to listen to her ramble on quite so much, so it decided to leave or become less noticable.

Personally I am surprised she handled the situation so well, I would have freaked out big time, especially if I thought someone could be in the house.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Sonya610]

Hmmm... you know, I'll try that if/when it happens the next time. Good story as well, very reassuring

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Well I was refering to profanity as in swearing etc, but now you mention it your idea has merit I hadn't thought of.

Suerly if you are scared because you are alone your 2 real options are

1 Dont be alone

2 learn to be not scared

Which would ypu personally opt for?

I'd rather not be scared, to be honest, because it's nigh impossible for me to get someone else to come round. Everyone I know is at work/college/not in the same city than me when I'm home. I work in the afternoon-to-nights spot

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join