It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
HEy
I'm looking to start a thread about NEon Genesis evangelion.
since in my opinion its one of the greatest works of art to come from modern day anime
any posts /pics/vids are welcome

if thou shalt afflict my daughters,or thou shalt take other wives...

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Spike Spiegle]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It was okay. Although I'd have to say that it almost killed my interest in anime. It was really depressing at some parts. Shinji is too whiny. It's all in his head. I like other animes better where the main character isn't so sad all the time.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I really enjoyed Evangelion. I liked the symbolism used throughout the movie; it was a new spin on several old stories. Also, the soundtrack was awsome

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I really loved Evongalion. The only thing that I hated was Shinji's (THat prolly not how you spell it but yea) screaming.... it really really annoyed me. But other then that it was an awesome series.
I think parts of it could have been better as they left me with this really melencholy feeling afterwards :s

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

his screaming was somewhat less annoying in the japanese language.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by VampireZio
reply to post by funky monk

his screaming was somewhat less annoying in the japanese language.

^ This.

I really loved the series, however the movies were blah IMO, uninteresting and tedious, although the writer was going through a suicidal phase for most of the series from what I have read and it culminated around when the human instrumentality project came into full swing.

Other than that great show, me and my roomies just started watching it again. We due and Anime Tuesday Madness, where we grab a new anime we havent seen or a classic and watch them start to finish.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I was obsessed with this anime a few years ago, ended up buying all the episodes plus EoE.

It's a pretty innovative anime, IMO. It's as if the creator wasn't afraid of limits to produce his vision, which I like a lot. Even in the last few episodes when they ran out of funding, he managed to use the depths of psychology to pull off some crazy #.

End of Evangelion was awesome for the first half with human on human violence... then it got kind of disappointing with the ending, but I guess it was predicted throughout the whole series anyways.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It was interesting. I suppose its' a masterpiece but entertainment wise it just didn't kick as it started to end.

The creator went 'emo' during production so it became evident as the story sets to a close.

Furthermore, I believe that story went off tangent from what it's original purpose was suppose to be.

It raises far more question than in does answers... in a negative way.
You watch it knowing less in the end instead of knowing more and that to me is a BIG problem.

Yes, there's no reason why you can't accept it as it is. But as a viewer who was not originally interested, it didn't give me incentive to figure out just what the gist was all about.

I love psychological thrillers... but Evangalion was more about the content than the execution. And execution is what I respect in presentation.

As much as I love mecha's, giant battles, Rei, and Asuka... this anime is in the low tier of my favorites list. At least it's a favorite o_O

[edit on 10-9-2009 by GambitVII]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The symbolism was fantastic, and I AM a fan of the anime. However, it felt very unfinished to me. It was almost as if the end was accidentally on purpose, if that makes any sense.

new topics

top topics

join