It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Propaganda: Georgia Conflict Is Cheney's Plot To Stop Obama From Being Elected

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Russian Propaganda: Georgia Conflict Is Cheney's Plot To Stop Obama From Being Elected

www.timesonline.co.uk

Russians were told over breakfast yesterday that the conflict in South Ossetia was part of a plot by Dick Cheney, the Vice-President, to stop Barak Obama being elected president of the United States.

"The Americans were now engineering an armed conflict between Ukraine and Russia."

“We and many other nations see through this deceit. We understand that the seditious tactics of the so-called colour revolutions are a real threat to international law and the source of global legal nihilism.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Georgia Reports Attacks Continue as Russia's Medvedev Orders Halt to Military Action
Klein: Neocons think 'it's raining Nazis' in Georgia
Russia Orders Destruction of US Naval Armada In Persian Gulf

[edit on (8/15/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Russian Propaganda: Georgia Conflict Is Cheney's Plan To Delay Elections.

An interesting story I had to rush to post here for all ATS to see. It would not surprise me to learn that Cheney and the PNAC (Project For A New American Century) gang were up to something like this.

Does anyone honestly believe Cheney will let his power slip away without making a few more wicked moves?

Does anyone honestly believe US elections will go on without a hitch?

www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Seems like an outrageous claim at first glance, but with everything that's been coming out about the US involvement in the lead up to this conflict it just might be true. McCain has the edge on Obama when it comes to defense (in the opinion polls at least) and this could be huge gain for republicans.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Actual headline:

Kremlin dusts off Cold War lexicon to make US villain in Georgia

T&C?

I couldn't see anything in the article which confirms the headline - it's more directed at election spin, so I'm going to refrain from posting further because the altered headline has little to do with the story.

[edit on 15/8/2008 by budski]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
here's a 5 Star Article (imho) that contradicts the Obama spin....

in fact Obama is the frontman for the Brezizinski (sp?) led cabal
that has successfully, so far, drawn Russia into a conflict in Georgia

see: www.marketoracle.co.uk...

speculation is that Cheney has indeed engineered this Georgia initiated conflict...with the armed and trained Georgian army doing an unprovoked attack on S Ossetia (armed & trained by 1,000 US Marines & Israelis stationed in Georgia)

kindly read this info.

thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I couldn't see anything in the article which confirms the headline
[edit on 15/8/2008 by budski]

In the first paragraph of this article: "Russians were told over breakfast yesterday what really happened in Georgia: the conflict in South Ossetia was part of a plot by Dick Cheney, the Vice-President, to stop Barak Obama being elected president of the United States"

The headline I created does more to convey the story than the true article headline: "Kremlin dusts off Cold War lexicon to make US villain in Georgia" does. That headline does nothing to tell you what this article is about.

Now you see why I chose a more informative title so people surfing ATS would know what this article is about rather than the convoluted title: "Kremlin dusts off Cold War lexicon to make US villain in Georgia".

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Seems like an outrageous claim at first glance, but with everything that's been coming out about the US involvement in the lead up to this conflict it just might be true...

It is an outrageous claim, just for the fact it ignores history. This is the latest flare up in a conflict that has been occuring in slow-motion since 1992. Russia is using claims such as these to win sympathy from an American public ignorant of history and all-to-willing to believe the worst about our own leaders.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Budski, you do have a point, but....

The rule;

Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source. If the headline is biased or otherwise inapporpriate, provide a descriptive headline that is accurate and reflects the article you're submitting. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be removed.

*bolding mine

In this instance, perhaps it DOES provide a more accurate description.

Please continue to discuss the topic and give this headline substitution a pass.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

www.timesonline.co.uk...

An interesting story I had to rush to post here for all ATS to see. It would not surprise me to learn that Cheney and the PNAC (Project For A New American Century) gang were up to something like this.

Does anyone honestly believe Cheney will let his power slip away without making a few more wicked moves?

www.timesonline.co.uk

The truth is they push that kind of thing, because they know people like you will beleive it. The Russians know there is a real streak of anti-Americanism on the left and they seek to use it. In the past we have called these people "useful idiots".

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Seems like an outrageous claim at first glance, but with everything that's been coming out about the US involvement in the lead up to this conflict it just might be true...

It is an outrageous claim, just for the fact it ignores history. This is the latest flare up in a conflict that has been occuring in slow-motion since 1992. Russia is using claims such as these to win sympathy from an American public ignorant of history and all-to-willing to believe the worst about our own leaders.

I wish, but i think it is strange for Bush to make such a law that makes him able of suspending the election.. I mean, you dont make that war without wanting to use it? State of emergency, either with the attack of Iran, russia and ukraine, full war in georgia or a fight in the persian gulf, all this could suspend the election and we are very, very close...

Sad to say

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.timesonline.co.uk

The truth is they push that kind of thing, because they know people like you will beleive it. The Russians know there is a real streak of anti-Americanism on the left and they seek to use it. In the past we have called these people "useful idiots".

Russian Propaganda in timesonline uk? Give me a break, there are some useful idiots in the world, a lot actually, but im not sure if i would trust you to point them out for me

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

The truth is the Oil and War profiteering elite-class who control our country have people like YOU fooled to attack people LIKE ME for being Anti-American. I love my country so much that I dare dissent the mad fools who have stolen control, are conducting the most massive financial heist in history and taking us all for a ride. The same mad fools who have obviously brainwashed you to become just another flock-following-sheep. Enjoy the shears.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
here's a 5 Star Article (imho) that contradicts the Obama spin....

in fact Obama is the frontman for the Brezizinski (sp?) led cabal
that has successfully, so far, drawn Russia into a conflict in Georgia

see: www.marketoracle.co.uk...

speculation is that Cheney has indeed engineered this Georgia initiated conflict...with the armed and trained Georgian army doing an unprovoked attack on S Ossetia (armed & trained by 1,000 US Marines & Israelis stationed in Georgia)

kindly read this info.
thanks

Wow is it me or does Putin seem far smarter and better educated than Bush?

Im almost jealous. Ive never heard a "US President" talk like that.
That guy has a brain. Im not talking about his stance. Im talking about
his ability to speak. To think etc... Bush is like some drunken hillbilly.
Putin gets points in my book for intellect.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Perhaps I should have been clearer - I can't see anything in the article that says cheney plans to delay it, only that he plans to stop obama getting elected.

Maybe I'm confused, but how does a plot to stop obama getting elected equate to a plot to delay the election?

Surely they are 2 different things - a plot to delay or stop the election is certainly possible, but the way I read this is that cheney (according to the russians) is just trying to spin obama out of it, which is par for the course considering McCains ties to cheney and bush.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Perhaps I should have been clearer - I can't see anything in the article that says cheney plans to delay it, only that he plans to stop obama getting elected.

Maybe I'm confused, but how does a plot to stop obama getting elected equate to a plot to delay the election?

Surely they are 2 different things - a plot to delay or stop the election is certainly possible, but the way I read this is that cheney (according to the russians) is just trying to spin obama out of it, which is par for the course considering McCains ties to cheney and bush.

I agree it just looks like its about chainmuffin trying to keep Obama from being elected. Now if they were planning on enacting some of those electives Bush put in place I could see a delay. But they didnt state that.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Ir seems the headline and article content will start a lot of wheel-spinning for those still digesting the events.

It is a sad but true testimonial to American reliance on critical media that most of them think this conflict popped up 'out of nowhere' and is thus, a contrivance of some political strategy to sway the popular (American) opinion one way or the other.

There is no way we can reasonable avoid the 'pre-history' of this war. This was brewing for a long time, with Russia and Georgia both guilty of lax discipline and control of their forces. The political motivations aside, there is much to legitimize the Russian focus on the status of her neighbors relationship with the west. However it is all infused with cold-war and military strategy mentality.

Personally, and many will disagree, I think this is an issue that exists because of the personalities in leadership, and it is unlikely that without ideological and political/diplomatic interference this would have taken a different form entirely. It would be disingenuous to deny that American involvement is stereotypically centered around the energy resources that flow through the Georgian region. That will never play well in the eyes of the community who seem war weary and disillusioned in the concept. They are still reeling from 'this (Iraqi) war will pay for itself in oil revenue' declarations made early on.

Sadly most of this is academic. We really have no functional control over what the various leaders in the nations involved plan, want, or do. We are simply their 'cannon fodder' or 'ablate shielding' and our viewpoints are whispers from the heard to them. A secondary consideration at best.

Everything that happens from this point forward will play some role in the political games being played in this country. For those of you who consider that any political party might contrive to encourage or influence our country into war simply to increase their chances of gaining or holding onto power..., of course they would. They are not us. They haven't been 'us' for a long time. Their objectives in the matter are to use the event to their advantage, as they would any glaring international event. These people are game theorist marketeers. It is what they do, and how they play what they conduct as a game. Unfortunately for us, we are more than spectators, we are 'used' in this game, to our disadvantage or otherwise is of little relevance as long as they achieve their goal. It's no different with Russia or any other country on the planet (that I can think of right now).

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I see your point. The article does NOT state that they intend to delay elections, only to keep Obama from being elected.

Title changed to reflect this.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.timesonline.co.uk

Dead on dronetek.Ive been trying to warn people about enemy propaganda but im dismissed as a fear monger.No skin off my back since ive been proven right.America has enemies that seek to destroy her.The useful idiots comment is classic!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Russian crisis a McCain opportunity, Obama Risk

Here is another news article which points out how this conflict is being used politically to influence the US Presidential elections. I bet McCain’s people got a memo on how to spin this before conflict broke out.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

That's exactly what they're doing. They're obviously getting desperate in the face of growing international pressure and have decided to deflect attention away from themselves by preying upon the anti-American and anti-Bush sentiments prevalent among at least some leftists in western society. Its the ages old debating tactic of deflection. If its not going your way, change the subject to one that favors you, or at the very least, harms your opponent's credibility.

The fact of the matter is that Georgia has been a thorn in Russia's side since well before the 2000 election. I don't blame the Russians entirely, in fact, because of the history, its very hard to determine where the blame ultimately lies. One thing I'm sure of is that the Russians haven't been the perfect little angels that their supporters make them out to be. That fact matters not, though. As you say, the intended audience will believe everything the Russians say, especially if they can find a way to blame the United States and especially the Bush administration. That's fine. I expect nothing less.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by vor78]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join