It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waving at the aliens - The Papua New Guinea UFO sightings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sequence

I found this transcript made from a tape recorded interview by
The Victorian Flying Saucer Research Society & The UFO Investigation Center of New South Wales. The interview was made in Desember 1959, and here is a couple of parts from it:

Father Gill: - Well, of course, the whole thing was most extraordinary; the fact that we saw what appeared to be humans beings on it, I think, is the important thing. It is certainly the important and exciting thing to us. They were not noticeable at first - they came down, the object came down at about, I should say, 400 feet, maybe 450 feet, perhaps less, maybe 300 feet. It is very difficult to judge at that time of night and not having experience in measuring elevation, it's purely guess- work, but as we watched it, men came out from this object, and appeared on top of it on what seemed to be a deck on top of the huge disk.

Question: - We understand you tried to signal; the beings with a torchlight?

Father Gill: - Yes, we flashed the light and the object swung like a pendulum, presumably in recognition. When we flashed the torchlight towards the ground and we actually thought it was going to land but it didn't. We were all very disappointed about that.

Link to full transcript:
www.ufocasebook.com...

Here is also a part from an article written by Bill Chalker, two months after Father Gill died in June 2007:

My last face-to-face time with Bill Gill was at the June 2003 Brisbane UFO conference which he gave his final UFO lecture. He had mixed feelings about giving this lecture and had asked me about whether to do it. I had mixed feelings about it as well, but for me apart from the personal side, wanting to meet up with him again, there was a firm sense of history. I told him that his presence would be a determining factor of my own decision to attend the conference. I assured him that he would be well received, even though the audience would be a mixed crowd. I videoed his Brisbane lecture – which is now a record of his last UFO lecture, a record I have made available to his family. Bill enjoyed the occasion. It was a great opportunity to catch up with him again and see him present his account of these remarkable sightings.

Bill Chalker also states in the article that he has prepared a memorial DVD of that last presentation Father Gill made in 2003. If you have interest in that DVD, he can be contacted for details.

theozfiles.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My grandmother is from Australia and she told me about this when I was younger. She said she believed that men on the spacecraft came back from the future. Back then, I thought my granny was getting a bit senile, I never knew that this weirdo thing really happened!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Fantastic thread and case Ziggy

But let me get this straight, Father Gill and the others had experienced all this three separate nights? three separate sightings?

Really quite a compelling story to think that they saw what appeared to be human beings.. does that mean that they actually saw human beings, or was it human looking extraterrestrials?

If they were extraterrestrials, then aliens really are among us.

Either way, very interesting indeed

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Thanks, Majorion! I agree that this is a fantastic case, one of the most intriguing I have ever come across.

And Fater Gill had three sightings, first on April 5 he saw a light over a mointain, then on June 26 and (!) 27 he and many other witnesses on the mission station saw the craft with the aliens. Or were they humans? Both Gill and the other witnesses thought so during the sightings, Father Gill also mentions that they thought it was a man made craft.

Perhaps it really was some kind of secret military technology being tested out? Or were the aliens/humans timetravellers from the future..? And the fact that Father Gill and the other witnesses even interacted with them...
This case just a fantastic, amazing mystery.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think that Sgt. Clifford Stone would explain this incident as an extraterrestrial one, considering the fact that he mentioned the existence of human looking aliens, that may walk among us and that we'd never be able to tell . Scary stuff

I just wonder why they didn't land and say hello or something... if they were military, and were conducting some secret test, then why would they allow themselves to be exposed to anyone in the first place?.. that is the question that most escapes my imagination when it comes to cases like this.

Majorion

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A craft with four landing struts that had men on top waving to natives.
And somewhere on the web there is a photo of a saucer with four
landing struts.

Google: father gill papua new guinea

The first link:

www.ufoevidence.org...

As indicated by his notes, Gill saw a bright white light in the north western sky. It appeared to be approaching the mission and hovering about 100 metres up.

More evidence of a beam in the direction of travel, not a headlight
but part of drawing in ether or air electrical cariers.
In daylight photos the white spot is not a reflection but the indication
of travel and input of electricity from the air.
Wireless power has turned into wireless travel.
The force of voltage upon the air is as evident as lights, light bending
and the hover of a craft.

German crew if anyone would know their craft better than anyone.
Too many rookie pilots now stalling out in the sky.
The story might have been changed from landing on those struts to
standing on the energized craft which would throw them to their death.
Other than that a real event.

[edit on 9/20/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 9/20/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Father Gill is on a youtube video.
Comment page, just take top link:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Father Gill saucer probably had a German crew if anyone would
know their craft better than they would.
Imagine standing on the craft.
Today we get too many rookie pilots now stalling out in the sky.

The people surrounded by glow and the craft sounds exactly like Tesla
did in his lab to impress Mark Twain as recorded in "Tesla - Master of Lighting"
by Margaret Cheney, the second biography after his death in 1943.
Which by that time the Foo or fire craft labeled by the French who saw them
was flying with Tesla's equipment.
A flat saucer with four landing struts.
Flatter than what Lonnie Zamora saw near Socorro, New Mexico on 24 April
1964, see video on youtube.
Craft powered from electrical power only by Tesla.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The video links in this thread no longer work so here is the interview again

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Just saw a recap of this on Close Encounters , series is turning out much better than I initially thought.

Im not a not of a believer in time travel, but am interested in German saucer explanation. I know the Germans/Nazis were into building saucers, but this is 1959 off the coast the Australia, I dont really see the connection. Nor am I aware of them getting this advanced with the technology. Anyone else think it was a German saucer?

I love the Venus explanation given by a skeptic, Donald H. Menzel. Why even bother if that is all you got, I'm embarrassed for him.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Great to revive this fantastiche encounter.

I remember reading about this in an old UFO novel about 20 years ago.

Just to let people know........There was a colony called "German New Guinea"

Taken off the Germans after WW1......or??

www.nla.gov.au...

www.firstbattalionassociation1rar.org.au...

edit on 25-2-2015 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I think this must be my absolute favourite UFO encounter of all time.
Great to read it all again and see the interview.

Strange how this doesn't generate more enthusiasm. Maybe it is because it is all so mundane, like someone seeing a bus or in Father Gills own words a "Ford". But it is obvious to me, at least, that this is either a lie or exotic technology of some sort.

I think this case needs more attention.

BT

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarrsAttax
The video links in this thread no longer work so here is the interview again

Here's another good vid featuring Aussie researcher Bill Chalker:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join