It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Don’t worry about Russia, America will be in Iran by next week”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
First of all I’ll let you know a little about my situation I’m an Australian expat currently living/working in Qatar with my wife and 3 kids if you haven’t heard of this place it’s the country next to Dubai. Let me just say that honestly I have no evidence of what was said or what happened (as of yet) and only have my wife to back me who may get on to post her opinion.

Right so last night the wife and I got ourselves a nanny for the kids and decided to have a night out on the town with some mates we headed off to the local expat club where we had a ball.
Now as the night wore on and we were all beginning to get kicked out my wife started getting chatted up by this 40 something American guy now mind you I was standing right next to her at the time.

Any way my wife introduced me and we got chatting about the usual crap that drunk people chat about after a while we got onto the subject of work and I explained I was in the construction business and then he proceeded to tell me he was in the military working at a secret base here in Qatar now honestly it’s not really as secret as he cracked it up to be (unless there are two bases) it’s actually the biggest in the middle east (or gulf) and was the original starting point for the missiles that hit Iraq he liked to think his base was secretive so I let him go on.

He first of all explained to me that he was a retired marine and had been brought over here from the US 6 weeks back he didn’t get into much detail about what he was doing or his position or anything seeing as it was all secretive and so forth (basically he was a bit stuck up) but he did show me his id card which I really didn’t get a good look at but stated something to do with the US Army (sorry but I didn’t have my spy camera on me)

I began by asking him about a little conspiracy going on over here concerning the new international airport were I previously worked which is being constructed by a large American company called Bechtel I had heard while working there that they were receiving no money for the work they were doing but were getting all the sea ports surrounding the airport he just gave me a little smirk and neither confirmed anything or denied it just wrote it off as something he couldn’t talk about.

I then got onto the subject of what was happening over in Russia expecting to get a similar secretive answer but the little that he said was what scared the hell out of both me and my wife he just gave us a little smile and said “Don’t worry about Russia, America will be in Iran by next week”.

Honestly at this point I was just shocked and really didn’t know what to say I tried getting more info out of him but got the good ol reply of “you know I can’t get into details” so the conversation turned from there this is where my wife can probably help with what was talked about because I just couldn’t stop replaying those words in my head.

We were eventually all kicked out of the club and were outside waiting for a taxi where I was given my first taste of chewing tobacco and where I passed my number onto the guy who said he would call me during the week to catch up so that I could pick up some more tobacco (big fan) and bacon (illegal here only found on the base).
Am really pissed of actually that I didn’t get his number just in case he doesn’t call I know where he goes to church so hopefully at some stage this week I may be able to get in touch with him and maybe pry some more information out of him hoping that he’s not just a rambling drunk.

Even if what this guy said were just drunk ramblings the scenario still makes sense with all that is going on at the moment anything can happen. And I’m starting to think that Qatar isn’t the best place to be right now but really where is (my pick strangely is India) anyway I know that there isn’t much info in here but as soon as I heard what this guy said I just knew I had to let at least someone know hopefully within the week I’ll have more info but just remember I ain't a spy I’m just a guy.

God Bless

[edit on 15-8-2008 by fLANKED]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fLANKED

Thanks for sharing. I don't know what to think, drink makes people say stuff so maybe he was just enjoying being a know it all - or drink makes people loosen up and say things they shouldn't.

I hope he was just a pompous drunk. For the sake of us all.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hmm, now that's a perplexing story with an odd scenario.

I don't know what to think of that, but it does in fact sound like drunken ramblings (as you noted at the end there).

Lots of people here think Iran is a no brainer and lots also think that those thinking it's a no brainer have no brains. I'm on the fence, I don't think the US can afford to get bogged up with Iran - they've already barred sales of weapons needed for the Israelis to carry out a strike by themselves.

Next week isn't far away, so we'll know soon enough anyway.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I really hope it was just a "drunk"story...........
If not, I guess not only Quatar will be a bad place to stay........it can be the start of what I don't wanna think about................

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Yeah it sure can go either way with a drunk and honestly I'm hoping its swaying more to the side of trying to impress my wife

but don't look at it like a complete mumbling drunken conversation tho it was a civil adult convo we had just had a few (me a few to many) which leads to the thought of him being a little loose

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Not sure what to think.Then again if something is going to happen we wont know about it until its already underway for security of the forces involved.Still got my seat and popcorn!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Could Georgia simply be a diversion to keep Russia on two fronts?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by homo_borg

Thats what I have been thinking. The US are currently stretched in Afghanistan, Iraq and not forgetting PK forces in South Korea and throughout Europe.

A number of US Generals have already voiced concern over the Iran planned attack, and when the military hierarchy voice concern over a military operation, that in itself is a concern.

As for Georgia, coincidental that they are armed and supported economically and politically by the Americans - a pawn of distraction for the Russians perhaps or media diversionary tactic which will place blame on instability in the region which requires tough action?

As for this guy, I suppose the manner in which he says

“Don’t worry about Russia, America will be in Iran by next week”

sounds just like a militaristic flirt!!
but the timing certainly makes sense in the grand scheme of things as suggested.

I honestly believe that Iran will be one step too far for the States and thus this thing will get seriously ugly - Russia and China will not let their long term investment be run by the Neocons after all.

Breifne

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fLANKED

I then got onto the subject of what was happening over in Russia expecting to get a similar secretive answer but the little that he said was what scared the hell out of both me and my wife he just gave us a little smile and said “Don’t worry about Russia, America will be in Iran by next week”.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by fLANKED]

May just be "military bragging", but his statement oddly coincides with something I heard just a few days ago, and posted under a thread here yesterday:

Did The US Actually Assist Russia Despite Georgian Conflict?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oddly, no responded to my thread, but then, at the time, it seemed impausible, even for Skunk Works.

Or so I thought.

Now, I'm not so sure!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by homo_borg
Could Georgia simply be a diversion to keep Russia on two fronts?

Do you mean so they can't get involved if we attack Iran? Nahhh.

The Iranians have a pretty good military. They have three times the population of Iraq, a mountain range, and lots of money to spend on Russian weapons.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk... - Russia are withdrawing you may be right. Then again I trust the bbc like I trust bush...why the distraction of the Olympics to gain media over russia and then leave to go get iran???

(Story so far, Georgia and south ossetia went mad, russia went in to protect/reclaim/pillage ossetia while US UK and EU all wet themselves and eventually sent aid, meanwhile US UK and EU are all dissing russia saying they started it WTF?! Please correct me if i'm wrong I have many sources now I become confused. Now US put up missile defences for poland in 2011, russia loled and said they would build bases in mexico/nuke poland)

WHY do america want iran to be in a war? That's what I don't get, WHY, I get that they have refinements and maybe nukes but US got freaking star wars (!?) what's an iranian missile to that??!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Here's the deal-io. This story is probably spot on. What is happening now is like in the board game Risk. Events will move faster. We might get a sense of things slowing down--perhaps the past 36 hours--but, I feel, events are going to snowball and destroy our little cabin.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Sooo...update? Or just drunk fiction?

Plucky would like to know.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I must say that after a few drinks most people talk about deep dark secrets we all have done this.

But i must say i strongly think that this Russian and Georgia conflict has been staged by the major players to keep the sheep looking the other way as the wolf comes from behind ready to pounce

You have to ask many questions WHY would the USA, French, British send war ships to the gulf, And now Australia is sending a Anzac frigate HMAS Parramatta to the gulf I find this very alarming

So maybe your conversation with this man might come to light But i hope it's wrong

Thanks for alerting us to your conversation

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Still no update sorry
At the moment just taking it as drunk fiction which is
for all

top topics

join