It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Bigfoot be a test for ET/UFO disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I've always thought that if disclosure were to happen, it wouldn't be as cut and dry as a big silver disc landing on the whitehouse lawn, and ET shaking hands with whoever had the presidency at that time. I think although many people are accepting of the possibility of life elsewhare in the universe, If it were to happen this way, then there would probably be rioting in the streets if not worse.

Anyway I had this thought, (which is all it is) that maybe the apparent recent discovery of the legendary Bigfoot creature, could be the start of a test run of sorts for disclosure to see how people react!

Most people I imagine have heard of bigfoot/yeti and most people put the sightings down to someones over active imagination, a hoax, or just mis-identification which links it nicely with how the UFO/ET phenomenom is viewed by many people, so If the bigfoot discovery is proved to be true it may make many people sit up and think!

It is also related in that it would be the discovery to some extent of a new intelligent species, how intelligent remains to be discovered, but to remain pretty much out of human contact for this long certainly must take intelligence of some kind!

Anyway I hope people can see what I'm getting at? like I said it's just an idea, and if later today the bigfoot conference turns out to be a big fat hoax, then this thread will fade into the archives, and I'll probably feel a bit daft

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Whiterabbit29]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I had the exact same thought. If it becomes accepted that we are not the only form of intelligent life on our planet, then this news will effect our perception of ourselves and our place in the Universe. I think that this would ultimately would be a step in preparing us for contact with other different forms of intelligent life.

Btw, I cannot help but notice that there are a lot of people from the North West of England on these boards. I didn't think that there were so many people in my area interested in these subjects.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Are u guys referring to this:
edition.cnn.com...

There's a picture as well.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenan
Are u guys referring to this:
edition.cnn.com...

There's a picture as well.

Yep thats the one! Looks to me like a pretty convincing pic I guess we will find out later on!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well, first off, the Georgia bigfoot is an obvious hoax. Well, maybe not so obvious too some but to me that is a mystery in it's self lol. The pic of it was "leaked" before today and that was one, unintentional and two, a claimed pic of the actual beast in question
! As soon as that pic hit cryptomundo, I knew I was safe in regarding this as the hoax it is. And as far as "DNA Evidence" - that also allowed me to not be eager about there press conference. I mean, the best that can come from any DNA sample they provided is inconclusive. That is, unless we have a "bigfoot" DNA data base I never knew about
!
And for your point, if this was a true story which it clearly is not, I would still need evidence on the Alien controlled UFO stories.
Thanks,
Vance

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Martindoolittle

Btw, I cannot help but notice that there are a lot of people from the North West of England on these boards. I didn't think that there were so many people in my area interested in these subjects.

Ive noticed a few people from the NW on here which is great, I guess its not something you can chat to a lot of people about down the local pub without the risk of people thinking youv'e lost the plot

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Whiterabbit29

My God Man,
You look at that pic and see something convincing other than the hoax it is? We don't need a press conference 'later on' too see though this pic do we? Do a search on the bigfoot costume at BFRO.NET if you actualy need that lol.
Your friend,
Vance

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance

My God Man,
You look at that pic and see something convincing other than the hoax it is? We don't need a press conference 'later on' too see though this pic do we? Do a search on the bigfoot costume at BFRO.NET if you actualy need that lol.
Your friend,
Vance

I can see where your coming from and maybe your right, I guess I'm just thinking to myself these people are gonna put themselves in front of the media and whoever else decides to turn up and its not gonna take long for someone to realise that they have a half frozen halloween costume sitting in there

I'll wait and see what happens I've checked out the costume you linked to and while there is a similarity, I guess there would be seeing as its a bigfoot costume, the pic isn't clear enough to say for sure though!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Vance, the DNA can actually be compared to human known DNA or that of apes.
Scientists -could- determine it's a say, ape DNA, that doesn't prove it's a bigfoot unless the body itself is being given for analysis.

If they don't allow for the 'corpse' to be examined then yes, it would signal a hoax..we'll see..

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Kenan]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

Do you know it to be a hoax or just believe it to be a hoax? I don't know...all the things that have been happening smell of hoax, but I am unwilling to scream hoax until the full story comes out. People who yell hoax without all the facts never admit they were wrong when it is proven to be true, they usually just move on to the next thing they feel is fake. The pic looks fake but I am not a photo expert nor am I biology expert. It does resemble the costume but thats it, if it looked exactly like it then I would be on the whole B.S. train to.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I thought the exact same thing to many coincedences for my liking, especially as the people that claim to have found 'Bigfoot' have links with the media?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Bigfoot or no, I very much doubt E.T. will allow disclosure to occur while mankind allows the suffering of others to persist.

We may want disclosure as some kind of magic-wand to heal all of our wounds as a species, but I am of the belief that disclosure is something that needs to be earned.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Well, I understand that people and what they see are different. As I stated above, that pic "accidently released", did it for me - a hoax. If it is proven to be anything but a hoax today, I will return and say I was wrong - I promise.
Vance

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

You would be one of few that do
. I am a skeptic on just about everything because of the lack of evidence. I hope one day that someone will prove me wrong
. I was wondering why proving bigfoot exists have anything to do with ufo disclosure. It's a couple of country boys that supposedly found bigfoot and I am sure that they have nothing to do with the government.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
For those who can't be bothered clicking on the link above. Here's the image in question. Admittedly it does look rather fake.

Supposed Bigfoot - Is it a Costume?

And just for some contrast and levity.....

Classic Gorilla Suit (my personal fave).

All jokes aside, I can't see what Bigfoot would have in common with UFO's/Aliens (apart from the 'fact' neither ware pants). Many people say the two are linked but I can't help feel that it's just a measure to make him even more unfalsifiable... like wrapping a mystery in an enigma.

Time will tell I guess - but I hope I'm wrong on the whole authenticity thing. I think it would be kinda cool to find out that Bigfoot is real!

IRM

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The thread has been kinda derailed into a discussion about wether or not the bigfoot discovery is real which I was half expecting, but this was not the point of my OP.

A couple of people have asked what Bigfoot has to do with UFO disclosure. I'm not sure if they read the original post or not, but my point it is this , that maybe it's being used as a kind of test case, to see how the general population react to something being discovered, that most people imagined was a myth.

Not only that but It would be the discovery of a new intelligent species and people may have to change the way they look at things they thought couldn't possibly be real!

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Whiterabbit29]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Well. I promised to come back and say I was wrong if they produced something other than a hoax. Well, I am back and still stay by my claim. After seeing the 'evidence' it is indeed a hoax. I love you all by the way.

Your bud,
Vance

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Martindoolittle
I had the exact same thought. If it becomes accepted that we are not the only form of intelligent life on our planet, then this news will effect our perception of ourselves and our place in the Universe.

Sorry for keeping this alive but this quote jumped out at me.
Is Bigfoot considered intelligent? Is there "evidence" of toolmaking?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

good question and i'm sure it's possible.

if people in the governments around the world can handle talking to aliens i'm sure most of us can handle it...

it's time to join the Galactic Federation and evolve with Love/Light.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Anyway I had this thought, (which is all it is) that maybe the apparent recent discovery of the legendary Bigfoot creature, could be the start of a test run of sorts for disclosure to see how people react!

I don't believe it's a capture of a real bigfoot/Yeti, it's a hoax or mistake IMO!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join