It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

assassination squads being trained in iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
iran is training squads of [SNIP] muslims to be lethal assassins with the intent of returning to iraq to carry out hits on iraqi and u.s. targets. so far only the a.p. is reporting on this disturbing development and they only have part of the story.

these qds/hezbollah trained assassins are unlikely to stop with targets in iraq and in fact are quite likely to try to emigrate to the united states and the uk. so does anybody still really feel that there is any good reason we should not be hitting iran hard and fast right now?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
For one, your country is about to become broke. Two, the world hates you. c) you have trouble recruiting soldiers. 4) There's Russia and her superior missiles and planes...

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Slothrop

Oh. This is depressing. You can't attack Iran without triggering a bigger escalation. Besides, if the terrorists wants to get trained, let them train. They make harder targets and therefore it'll help US soldiers to gain experience
No?

And, should I mention it? OK, fine: USA is in Iraq without any justification, so be reasonable person and let them fight back, for they have all the rights to do so. I am pretty sure, that if USA would be invaded by hostile forces, there would be freedom fighter training facilities in Canada and Mexico.

Please, quit your inbalanced foaming about terrorists and things, in fact you better keep your mouth shut because I see many frogs around here
No offense.

Be well,

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slothrop
so does anybody still really feel that there is any good reason we should not be hitting iran hard and fast right now?

Yeah. Plenty of people. I'm one.

An anonymous source (a senior US military intelligence officer) slips this information to the AP to report to the people to scare the bejeesus out of them in an attempt to get support for an attack on Iran. Looks like it worked.

Why do I keep seeing Colin Powell holding a vial of something?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

I don't agree about hitting Iran, but some of your post sounds like you are saying that the Iranian trained assassins have the right to go after our troops because you say we are in Iraq without justification. At what price do you want the US soldiers to gain that experience.

I don't really think this is what you meant but it sure reads that way.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I'm sure you got me right. Of course I am not the big fan for violence, but I see that if the violence breaks, both sides have equal right to kill people. It is merely justice. So, I have to hold opinion that both sides are just as justified in killing each other. Iraqis and Iranis maybe more, because they are defending their areas.

But as I said, I personally don't accept violence as a solution, I am just sick of people whining about that US troops are experiencing injust hostility from their neighbours while in Iraq.

Be well,

[edit on 15-8-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
yah! hit iran! hit them hard...then watch america crumble from the foundations like rome...course its going to happen anyway,but you might aswell speed up the process...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
And we are training special forces to go inside Iran. What do you think Iran should be doing right now? Whatever you want to call it, the US is taking a very aggressive stance toward Iran. Talks of war are almost constant now. Of course they are training their soldiers to attack us. They would be foolish not to.

I really don't see how this is even news. Every time I read an article like this about Iran I just shake my head. "OH MY GOD.... WE MUST BOMB THEM NOW!" is the response that the media seems to be trying to generate and apparently it is working.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

pardon me while i cower under my bed shivering from fear and crying.

not.

fool us once...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Look even if you put the issue of attacking Iran to one side you still have to approach this in a rational manner . Chances are that Iran is smart enough not to train its operatives on regular military bases . Even if that isnt the case you would probably end up destroying empty targets much like Afghanistan in the 90s . So the air strikes or cruise missile strikes would have to be covert I doubt that is possible .
Also it is likely that tunnels and other methods are being used to smuggle insurgents into Iraq and act as supply lines . Lets not forgot that the CIA lacks boots on the ground to confirm rumours or clarify what there birds in the sky have seen .

The best bet would be to take measures to secure Iraq borders something that has yet to be done and improve the quality and screening of Iraqi forces . Oh and there is always the fact that any military action taken against Iran would increase support for the regime which many people including myself want to see gone .

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The US has had a very similar operation going since 1946: Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, which has trained thousands of death-squad members, hastily shipped to dictatorships around the world.

Double standard, eh? It's fine when the US does it, but as soon as someone else does it, baaaaaad! You must be able to taste the hypocrisy.

Plus, if the US hadn't invaded two neighbouring countries of Iran, they might not feel so threatened. I doubt if Iran invaded Canada and Mexico the US would be feeling unthreatened.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Bear in mind the following quote - which came from similar sources....

We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south, and north somewhat. - Donald Rumsfeld, ABC interview, March 30, 2003

This, from the linked article, says it all to me...

A senior U.S. military intelligence officer in Baghdad described the information Thursday in an interview with The Associated Press. He spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence.

Spooks doing what spooks do.

Cried wolf too many times as far as I'm concerned.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join