It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear friends and allies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hi,

Lovely morning/day/afternoon/evening isn't it?

Sitting around browsing the good old dub-dub-dub, perhaps drinking a soda, perhaps having a bite to eat. Life is good.

Or so you think.

Please forgive the sensationalism. Please forgive the repetitiveness. What I am going to say you've read before from different authors made up of different words.

You and your family and your friends are being poisoned. Physically, mentally and morally poisoned. That soda your drinking? Not nearly as safe as you think. Let's just peek into some of the effects of caffeine.

Wikipedia isn't the best place to get info but they have good summaries.

Caffeine Overuse

In large amounts, and especially over extended periods of time, caffeine can lead to a condition known as caffeinism. Caffeinism usually combines caffeine dependency with a wide range of unpleasant physical and mental conditions including nervousness, irritability, anxiety, tremulousness, muscle twitching (hyperreflexia), insomnia, headaches, respiratory alkalosis and heart palpitations. Furthermore, because caffeine increases the production of stomach acid, high usage over time can lead to peptic ulcers, erosive esophagitis, and gastroesophageal reflux disease. There are four caffeine-induced psychiatric disorders recognized by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition: caffeine intoxication, caffeine-induced anxiety disorder, caffeine-induced sleep disorder, and caffeine-related disorder not otherwise specified (NOS).

My thoughts? The overuse of caffeine is ruining your mind, ruining your ability concentrate and causes great harm to you.

Yet caffeine is perfectly legal and very widely used.

The little action/comedy you found a bit boorish but entertaining enough to watch all the way through... did you catch the philosophical and moral message in it? If so, what was it? Most mass theater is propped up by fallacies, impossible situations and the strangest moral circumstances you'll ever come across. Follywood has found a way to make even the most sickening situations funny. All you gotta do is put a light melody to it and the right scenery and tell the actors to say "cheese".

My thoughts? TV is 90% trash - watch it in extreme moderation. Garbage in, garbage out.

Have you ever watched something on the news, not even looking for the 'conspiracy' in it and thinking, "wait - what the hell did they just say?"

Let me give you an example. One time I heard on the main stream news that The Good Guys in Iraq had a gun fight with The Bad Guy which lasted multiple hours. Sounds normal - then it got weird, real weird. This gun fight occurred at a vehicle check point which The Bad Guys had driven up to.

Now hold on just a bleeding minute. Pray tell WHAT was their vehicle made of? Where they driving an M1A1 Abrams tank? Even if so The Good Guys could have disabled a tank in under an hour. They could have showed up in a F-16 and been killed within 15 minutes. Yet here am I listening to the news actually telling me a multiple hour gun fight occurred at a check point while The Bad Guys were in their vehicle. What the mass media has just told me wouldn't even pass in a Rambo movie.

This is logical poisoning. Every time you accept something which is not correct, which is illogical as true you are dulling your mind, diminishing your mental capabilities. Check and double check your own beliefs often and please heartily dismiss those which are not correct.

These are just small examples of three very dangerous things occurring. We could talk at length about how America has become the most over medicated people in the world and the many implications of that. These topics are covered at length in these forums and all across the dub-dub-dub.

These things occur to limit your abilities to fight back. You will find yourself limited by design in many situations. I would type more but I'm out of characters.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by LoveKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I work at a Starbucks (I don' WANT it but need to pay the bills until I get out of school, ya know?) and when people ask what I do for a living the first thing i tell them is that I'm a drug dealer. Just for kicks, then I tell them the truth and when they laugh and say, "you had me going for a second." I say, "no really, you have any idea how harmful and addictive this stuff is?" Okay, maybe not quite as dramatic, but I still make a point to let them know.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Makes me glad i haven't had coffee or soda in over 7 years . . . Trust me everyone, once you're off it for a while, you're body will eventually reach homeostasis again and you'll have good energy all the time.

join