It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spotting UFOs in Orange County, CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hey guys, this is my first thread so I hope it's in the right section, I also hope the title wasn't confusing...

Anyways,

So I live in Orange County, California which is relatively dense population with a lot of light pollution. I spend a lot of time loking at the sky, mostly because I have an emotional attachment with the moon and the stars but also because in my, nearly, 22 years I've only seen one unexplainable event and it was to far away to document (but I'm telling you I have NEVER seen flight patterns like that in my life and I've lived near a lot of airports).

What I'm wondering is if anybody here that lives in Orange County/Any densely populated area with a lot of light pollution has any advice or tips or ideas to spot UFOs (or even more than 10 stars) in such an area. If it's as simple as "Go out to the desert" that's acceptable since I really can't think of much else, that's why I'm asking you guys. I also suffer from living relatively close to the beach, so at night there tends to be a lot of cloud cover. As you can see I have several factors working against my favor. As a result I've taken to doing a lot of research on Aliens, UFOs, ad all related topics. I'm doing the best I can, frankly. Any bits of information would be helpful, honestly.

P.S.--Just a little about me: I'm generally a peace-loving type, so you won't see me around here "trolling" or being a jerk really, at all. In fact I think most of my response posts have been along the lines of "whoa, let's at least TRY to be civil, can we do that?" I'll be around all sorts of topics so I hope to ENHANCE the experience, not bring it down as so many seem to be doing lately. (Really, is it so much to ask to just wait until you have the photo/video to make a thread about it?)

Thanks Guys!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
eesh, my computer is having some issues and it appears accidentally posted the same thread twice, can a mod maybe delete the duplicate, pleeease?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The two major sightings I've had in Cleveland Ohio it wouldn't matter if every house in the area had uplighting. You may want to go infrared though.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

That's what somebody else said, the only problem with infrared is finances. Sounds like your experience was a bit of a closer encounter! Sound exciting/scary/jaw-dropping(awe-inspiring?)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
If my sphincters were not in such good working order I would have needed a long shower. I wanted to start screaming but put my fist in my mouth.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Heyyyy thanks for linking, captain! Sounds like a really incredible experience! I'd probably react in the same way as you (holding back exponential amounts of volume).

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I swear to you. I wanted to start screaming at the top of my lungs. The feeling of being observed/scanned as well as the close proximity was mind boggling.

top topics

join