It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spotting UFOs in Orange Count, CA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

Orange tends to relate to location. Light pollution and cloud cover and those things, but sometimes it just doesn't make sense. I'm pretty sure what I'm seeing is Jupiter, or a planet of any sort. It's so stationary that I seriously doubt it's anything from elsewhere. Since apparently the ISS is so rare to catch There's no way that's what it is, and I KNOW it isn't a star because nothing about it says it's a star.

The only time i ever saw anything in this county was when I lived in Brea, must've been...2003? maybe 2004? On top of the hill at State College and Bastanchury if you know where that is. This thing moved up, down, side to side, diagonal all sorts of ways and changed colors 4 or 5 times while visible. It would disappar for a few seconds, re-appear in the same spot th the same color then make a strange shift in direction while changing colors. It was a really heavy air traffic night and it would've been near LAX from what we could tell. There was about 6 of us all watching it. It was strange that at such a distance all of us caught it at relatively the same time.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Yea thats around my school I believe. Isnt Fullerton airport around there also? when I go up to riverside around march ARB there sure are some strange lights flying around there at night. I've always read stories and seen shows about the secrets at march in the mid 20th century makes you think. Although I think they are just optical illusions and they are fighter jets. Hard to tell because its a bright light (probably flying towards me so little or no movement) then it would turn and dull out.

Well I'm off to sleep, catch up with you on this thread tomorrow! Have good night everyone

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

Yeah, Fullerton airport is about, ehhh 5 miles from there?
Now I'm right near John Wayne, so having lived near airports for most of my life I have a good idea of normal flight patterns as opposed to crazy-weird flight patterns. Hopefully some more people pick up on this thread tomorrow! I'd like to see some more opinions for sure.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I live in Orange County, too. I recommend going to the areas of Orange County which have little light pollution, such as Laguna Beach, Dana Point, San Clemente, etc. Mainly the southern coastal Orange County areas are the best areas to watch the skies.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gen0cide

The problem with the coastal areas in Orange County and LA for that matter, too many planes shooting out over the ocean to turn around to go east bound.

I lived in Anaheim for many years until I sold the house to move further east (Riverside Area). I know spend alot of my time in the desert, I.e., Barstow area, shooting, wheelin and viewing the stars. The best skies closest to Orange County are 3 hours east; Julian, or Just east of Barstow Area half way between Needles.

Most times in the desert it is Mag 6.5+. No better way to spot than under skies like that.

Good luck to you.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Yo! Do you work at the Newland St. The Garfield the Downtown or the Brookhurst Starbux? There are soooooooo many. Any way, scoot on down to crystal cove after the moon sets. You know down PCH past Corona Del Mar, the UFO's love it out there and its dark dark dark. Peace, and I'll be at Garfield to get a Venti Mocha at 8:30.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by human8

No, I'm more around the 405 and Culver area, seems like leaving the county is the best idea more oftne than not. Which goes for a lot more than just sky watching, frankly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join