It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spotting UFOs in Orange Count, CA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hey guys, this is my first thread so I hope it's in the right section, I also hope the title wasn't confusing...

Anyways,

So I live in Orange County, California which is relatively dense population with a lot of light pollution. I spend a lot of time loking at the sky, mostly because I have an emotional attachment with the moon and the stars but also because in my, nearly, 22 years I've only seen one unexplainable event and it was to far away to document (but I'm telling you I have NEVER seen flight patterns like that in my life and I've lived near a lot of airports).

What I'm wondering is if anybody here that lives in Orange County/Any densely populated area with a lot of light pollution has any advice or tips or ideas to spot UFOs (or even more than 10 stars) in such an area. If it's as simple as "Go out to the desert" that's acceptable since I really can't think of much else, that's why I'm asking you guys. I also suffer from living relatively close to the beach, so at night there tends to be a lot of cloud cover. As you can see I have several factors working against my favor. As a result I've taken to doing a lot of research on Aliens, UFOs, ad all related topics. I'm doing the best I can, frankly. Any bits of information would be helpful, honestly.

P.S.--Just a little about me: I'm generally a peace-loving type, so you won't see me around here "trolling" or being a jerk really, at all. In fact I think most of my response posts have been along the lines of "whoa, let's at least TRY to be civil, can we do that?" I'll be around all sorts of topics so I hope to ENHANCE the experience, not bring it down as so many seem to be doing lately. (Really, is it so much to ask to just wait until you have the photo/video to make a thread about it?)

Thanks Guys!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Pick up a cheap pair of binoculars, they should amplify the light enough to give you a bit of a better view. When using them find something to stabilize them / yourself against. But before you start using them stay outside in the dark for about 10 minutes or so as it takes your eyes a bit of time to adapt to low light.

Please note that although the eye isn't great in low light condition it is VERY good at detecting light in general - it's been reported that the eye biologically responds to even a single photon of light.

Now what the eye is VERY good at (for many important reasons) is detecting movement. So you may find that if you gaze at the nights sky that even though you can't really 'see' anything if a dim UFO goes over I suspect you'll spot it.

Also, if you got a bit of money pick up a 2nd or 3rd generation night vision (or learn how to make your own?). Or you might consider getting a video cam which support night vision / inverted color so the black becomes white, etc. Heck, even my cell phone has night vision and different visual effects.

I hope this helps

[edit on 15-8-2008 by LoveKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It certainly does! Financially however, well, i mean...I work at Starbucks...sooo that only goes so far but I really should look into a good pair of binoculars.

Takk Fyrir!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Please do a bit of poking around on google. You'll find people have come up with cheap 'do it yourself ways' to construct just about anything. I imaging there's something out there which would be of good use to you.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
this has been my method: if you cant find the bear, make the bear find you.

typically i use do something mentioned in a thread here a while back, basically, you go out at night, somewhere isolated (i go down to the local school, which, at midnight, is deserted.) bring binoculars/telescope. bring a friend too if you want a witness. basically project your thoughts out to the sky, using a kind of "telepathy", but simply expanding your thoughts asking for "them" to come here. imagine your intent for them to come here expanding into the sky, and make it happen. Might want to try a "get over here!!!"

this normally works. it shouldnt take more than a few hours.

often times, there are ufos in the sky, but you really need to be paying attention to them to notice, often times theyll be moving very slowly across the sky, so if you look at it every few hours, you wont notice movement.

anyway, it has a pretty nice success rate, just make sure someone elsewhere knows your location so that if anything funny happens... at least you wont be forgotten...

good luck!

ps: im in the OC too!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I'm also in Orange County and I've never seen anything out of the ordinary in my last 8 or so years of solid memory
I'm not that close to the beach but I feel your pain about the cloud cover at night. Anything past 2am is covered by the clouds, so I would suggest getting out there from around 9-1 and just keep an eye out. Although if you look out for weeks on end and see nothing you might be discouraged so you might have to let the sighting come to you. Just glance outside every once in a while, unless of course you're seriously dedicated then get on out there every night! Maybe we can keep in touch and sync some of our sightings in the future!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TornPages

Ya har! I knew there'd be a local-somebody around here. I won't lie, that's a small amount of the reason I started the thread.

I've thought about that method, pretty extensively actually. Clifford Stone made a good point though in one of his interviews, he said something along the lines of the feeling you get when you know that just on the other side of the curtain is a being from a completely different part of the Universe, that it's an entirely different kind of fear/anticipation. Lately I've been debating on whether or not I'm ready for that. I'm not sure I'm ready to actually encounter a being just yet. I mean hell, I'm only 21 years old, I'm still just a kid basically. I know I'm okay with seeing vessels in the sky, but I worry that such a method would bring on a LOT more than I'm actually ready for.

(I'm in Irvine, gotta say, not really my kinda town. There is NOTHING to do here, more of an LA/San Francisco artist/socialite type myself.)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

Highly likely, I was thinking of starting a location specific thread actually, but there's so many people it be difficult. I wanted to try and organize folks around the world who are in the same county/city/small country to get in contact and every once in awhile have a mass "watch the sky" night and see if anybody comes back with anything what-so-ever, even if it's jut "The sky is seriously beautiful tonight."

Something to benefit the whole, not necessarily just UFO relations, ya know?

But mabe I'm just a little bit hippy...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveKnowledge

oooo good l, I can't believe I hadn't thought of that myself, I think I'll do that tomorrow on my day off!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
no i think that would be sort of cool... a gathering around the campfire, singing cheasey peace songs while smoking pot...

all the while watching for ufos... a nice mix, yes?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
however its a good twenty minute drive to irvine...the local chapters idea is quite intriguing however... has anyone made a forum for that yet?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Holy crap, that's a wonderful mix! I'm not much of a smoker myself, save once every few months, more of a drinker (he says as he takes down the last of his large drink).

Though I'm not sure how functional everbody in one spot would be. Seems the better idea would be to spread out.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Oh yea I've got a few contacts through instant messaging that we talk about unusual ATS-worthy stuff around orange county
. And on the net you can find some pretty good night vision modification to digital cameras I did it to a web cam and its pretty cool the invisible things you can see.

Btw, are you getting lightning? Quite unusual weather tonight.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
indeed, so maybe we have occasional meetings where we report findings...

may i ask, a few weeks ago, did you see the red ball next to the sun?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

there've been references within threads to such a thing, but i've seen no thread and I've been lurking for nearly a year. The idea of a globally coordinated website, or a sort of Instant Messaging type of system, has been brought up and I think all of them are great ideas. But I definately thing there's a huge lack of on-the-spot communication in the UFO Research field. Especially since there's things like the iPhone/iTouch around now, which would make things relatively easy to organize.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

I was walkig home earlier ('round midnight) and saw lightning off in the distance, made me happy. It rained this afternoon for like, 5 minutes, and dried up in 3 cause it was so humid. The weather around here has been weird in the past year.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
there needs to be a network, via sms maybe, where, you enter your report as it happens, where it would list your city, and the direction of the ufo, and misc details, and it would send it to everyone in a 10 mile radius. i think that would be very convenient...

[edit on 15-8-2008 by TornPages]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I did NOT, sounds interesting but I usually avoid going out in the day during the summer..not a big fan of this heat-thing, but I've been seeing a lot of things near the moon lately which I want to pass off as planets but i've heard of no planets being in that range, and there's no way they're stars because they're a.) brighter than stars a b.) There's never any stars in that position that I see so clearly. I'd say satellite but it's not moving, friend of mine said Space Station, but I'm not 100% on that since some nights I see it and some nights I don't.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
the moon... thats rather interesting that ufos would be around there... reminds me of a guy on coast to coast a while ago talking about buildings being of the dark side of it... ill keep an eye on it...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Jupiter is usually near the moon and very bright. Tonight it was to the lower right hand side of it. The ISS is very noticeable as it moves fast across the sky, you can definitely tell the difference from a plane as its very bright and has no red/blue blinking lights. Although its pretty rare to catch the iss when just looking at the sky at random because its visible in week or so spurts at very specific times for no more than 4-5 minutes. There are some very helpful programs out there that gives you positions of everything in the sky. Very helpful for clearing things up, and also fun to show of to your friends showing them that it's possible to view almost every planet from earth (even though its just a spec, still cool!)

And was it two days ago where it was very orange, then today and yesterday it was hot and now tonight there's lightning.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join