It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus a Father?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I ran some searches and found nothing, but if there is something on here point me to it

Ok I was watching "In Search Of" on the Sci-Fi channel this morning and it had an interesting thing about a Catholic priest who turned to the Occult after finding some mysterious scrolls in the church. I cant remeber the guys name, so help me out. But anyway they were saying maybe he found something that told of Jesus being a father, and that he was married to a Mary Magedelan(sp?). This Priest then proceeded to put up a statue of Jesus holding a child, put up a statue of a devil in fron of the church, then engraved "this place is terrible" on the church in latin. Whatever this priest found made him freak out and disbelieve in Jesus. Has anyone else heard of this story, and whats your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
There are actually a number of posts on this. It has to do with the Priory of Sion and the Merovingian Dynasty and lots of other stuff. Search for: Priory of Sion, Merovingian Dynasty, Knights Templar, etc... This was also the plot of The Da Vinci Code....if you didn't already know that.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Jesus was in fact married and his wife was indeed Mary Magdalene.

I haven't read into him having children.

But if he was married he could've had children, makes sense.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

This Priest then proceeded to put up a statue of Jesus holding a child, put up a statue of a devil in fron of the church, then engraved "this place is terrible" on the church in latin.

The Catholic Church without a doubt is a terrible place.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I assume you are thinking of Berenger Sauniere and Rennes-le-Ch�teau

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Yep thats it, thanks!

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Jesus was in fact married and his wife was indeed Mary Magdalene.

I haven't read into him having children.

What jesus are you talking about not the one the bible talks of.

Luke supplies us with the life story of jesus christ, he would of mentioned being married to mary in his account.

If Jesus was married with children it would contradict the christian faith.

The only thing the bible talks about when it comes to jesus getting married is to the church and thats a whole different matter!

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If all skeptics are right then you can believe them over people who were actually there which were all of the apostles, and jesus himself, and the prophets before jesus who prophicied his coming.

If illmatic is right then the saviour has not come and we are still awaiting his sacrafiice to be spread throughout the world. And if he was also right, then the Quran and the bible would not declare that he is th only prophet to never sin.

" the catholic church isbad "

oh yea not to me. I love penance, fasting, doing stations of the cross, recieving mass, and confessing, and being on a journey of pefection which we are all called to do. i gues mother teresa is bad to and she created countles homeless shelters and founded a foundation to do
the same thing, yet she follwed the churches teachings.

I don'want some miniister tellingme im ok if im in major sin, i don't nt t b in a church where evrybody jumps aroundlike they are at a birthday party s if to slap jesus in th face, preaching that if your good you will get moremoney, thats nonsense to me.

I guess its in the eye of thebeholder.

Btw, I have never heard of the original story on thistopic.

peac.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
First of all lets remember that the new testament, particularly the 1st four books were not written until 70-100 years after the christ supposedly died. So there is NO first hand account to begin with.

And the church would definitely NOT want anyone to know that the Christ may have married and had children. It would destroy the foundations that Christianity is built upon. The Early church did a good job of editing in and out what they thought would be appropriate for the bible. Whatever would keep the masses dumb and faithful......... afterall the church has to make a buck to survive.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
First of all lets remember that the new testament, particularly the 1st four books were not written until 70-100 years after the christ supposedly died. So there is NO first hand account to begin with.

And the church would definitely NOT want anyone to know that the Christ may have married and had children. It would destroy the foundations that Christianity is built upon. The Early church did a good job of editing in and out what they thought would be appropriate for the bible. Whatever would keep the masses dumb and faithful......... afterall the church has to make a buck to survive.

Most of this is a load of #.
You are right in saying that the gospels were not written till a good while after Jesus's Death. Possible took half a century

however these were first hand accounts. Matthew and john were both followers of jesus and witnesses to his life they may have written his life down latter but they are still first hand accounts. Luke also was around at the time, he was a doctor and took an educated approach in the righting of his gospel he wrote it as a book of jesus's life story using firsthand witnesses.

You were wrong in saying most of the new testiment was written 70-100 years after jesus as most of the new testiment is letters and accounts from paul
we know paul didnt live for much longer after jesus's death most of his letters must have been written within 20 years after jesus's death. 2 Timothy is the last book to be he wrote.

Do you know when and how the newtestament was formed? Do you anyevidence for what you have said or is this just speculation?(favouriteslave)

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
OK, we have the definate possibility that the catholic church, or whoever, did some editing of the bible. We know that they have, but to what extent. Then the other side which believes that a God that is powerful enough to create us and a soul, should be powerful enough to make sure that we get the right information.

I say it doesn't matter. For those of us that are not Jew, we do not have to follow the lengthy old testament. Gentiles just need to follow the new testament and at least aknowledge the message of Christ.

It is beyong our mind and knoweledge what all of this is about, but there is obviously 'something'.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Illmatic what are basing your statement of fact on?

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You have to remember that the Council of Nicea in 325 C.E. was a compromise, based on the christian and catholic religious sects to determine what to leave in and leave out of the bible. So in fact, if anyone did write about Jesus being married or having children, it would have been left out, because Jesus is to remain pure and holy. Remember, the christian faith is based on the doings of Jesus, if it were true that Jesus indeed had children and was married, it would be the end of christianity as we know it. I'm pretty sure the people in the council of Nicea thought about this. Look at all the control and power they would lose if that were the truth. It's corruption at it's finest.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beanie_pianoforte
Luke supplies us with the life story of jesus christ, he would of mentioned being married to mary in his account.

The only thing the bible talks about when it comes to jesus getting married is to the church and thats a whole different matter!

On the contrary, it would have been so unusual in Jesus' time for a rabbi NOT to be married and have children that it would have been memtioned.
As for the Bible talking about Jesus being married - there is evidence that the wedding at Canaa was his marriage to Mary Magdalene. Jesus' mother Mary, attended this wedding and ordered the serving staff about whilst Jesus himself supplied the guest with wine.
There is no doubt that Mary and Jesus were lovers if not actually husband and wife. She is described as the favourite disciple when she discovers Jesus' empty tomb in John and the Book of Thomas depicts Jesus giving her a good old fashioned snog.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Beanie_pianoforte

I do hope you know that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were not actually written by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, right. Theologists and bible scholars worldwide know this for a fact. So therefore it is not a first hand account written by either of those four personas.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beanie_pianoforte
If Jesus was married with children it would contradict the christian faith.

As if the christian faith didn't contradict itself already.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Im sure that prophets could go their whole lives without a women as some did, yet (God) the
most holy of them all, would consent toadultury or marriage when his whole urpose was prophecied for one reason way before he even arrived
which was to be a holy unspotted sacrafice,a virgin wthout sin who was God i the flesh come to die for our sins.

Im sure I can go without a women but God can't?

What a mockery isthis of the Christ who made (mary) the prostitute who followed him. How sick of God to make a women to have kids with whenthi was not his purpose on earth.

If I could take on a task of denyin myself for sin and go witout family and women, then who are you ATS writers to say God is less then me?

truly a perverted time we are living in, and I mean this. Do yu guys even have a cluewho God is? And what hes all about?

Oh well, the topic resumes as usual, and these theories will continue until the last day when God finaly shows you souls that he is realy holy and not perverted.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am a christian but you have to be blind to not see that the Holy Bible is convoluted. Lots of it has been edited. Why would you need a King James version? Why is there more than just one version of the word of god? Because it has been edited and convoluted. Don't be completely blind my fellow christians have an open mind. If you dont your probably brain washed not by god but by man...

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The bible was edited in the worst manners possible, to favor the people that did the writing. I'm not saying who, because over time it has been written and re-written into languages by people that thought they should have some input on it too.

I believe Christ was the Messiah, and he was married. He was, after all, a MAN. Jesus Christ would not have been in pain or would not have been tempted if he was not a man, because after all, who is powerful enough to tempt and cause God pain? Jesus Christ was here to spread the word and live the life of a man, and he did so. Since someone along the line wanted Jesus Christ to be pure and made into a God rather then a man, decided to spice it up. There is NO reason for Jesus Christ to not have been married. He was a Man, a mortal that possessed the greatest Soul of them all, that of God. To believe Jesus Christ didn't get married is to believe all the cursed facts that women are bad. Because after all, isn't that one of the reasons it was taken out? Women were considered evil because of Eve and Man wanted total control, so they wouldn't dare think Jesus Christ had something to do with a woman. It benifited the Churches and made the people believe in it more easily, especially the ones that mattered at the time, the Male. Some Religions believe women are just possessions, a box for a man to reproduce in and take care of his things.

And I hope they get what they deserve in the end, to believe God would create two things, that God finally decided to say "Hey, I made everything else have an equal opposite, but this time I just won't do it for *insert dumb inane reason here*"

*edited due to my fat fingers hitting enter on accident to soon.

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by RabidGoose]

new topics

top topics

join