It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why are crop circles crop circles?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I was driving through the hills the other day and theres heaps of rolling hills around here and I was wondering, why is there never any crop circles in normal grass, or rock, or cement, or ice, or anything other than crops?




posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It's been five days, no one has an opinion or answer?



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It's a very interesting question. I had never thought about it... why crops? Maybe they're easy to fold/bend? I'll wait for answers, too.



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yup, easy to make, visible to more people, easy to make it seem like the "aliens" are trying to contact us.

It's like that saying about a tree falling in the forest, does anybody hear?



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Ive heard a story that in 1982 there were strange designs carved into the cooling tower of a Japanese nuclear power station . The story was not carried by the mainstream media but i will try to find images of this such event . It happened instantly one night , the images included one similar to a reptilian eye



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73
Yup, easy to make, visible to more people, easy to make it seem like the "aliens" are trying to contact us.

It's like that saying about a tree falling in the forest, does anybody hear?


You're telling me a crop circle, in some remote farm lands, is more visible than a pattern carved into Times Square? Or the Super Dome? Or Central Park?

I hardly think crop circles are visible to most people because most people dont live near these crops. If these Aliens wanted to communicate with us why not drop something smack bang into the central populous.



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishspeaker
Ive heard a story that in 1982 there were strange designs carved into the cooling tower of a Japanese nuclear power station . The story was not carried by the mainstream media but i will try to find images of this such event . It happened instantly one night , the images included one similar to a reptilian eye


Thanks a lot!



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I believe it has something to do with their genetic make up, spiritual significance and how its energy field interacts with the universe as universal expression.

One of those '___' things that cant be explained only experienced.

Early science, particularly geometry and astronomy/astrology, was connected to the divine for most medieval scholars. Notice, even, the circular shape of the halo. The compass in this 13th century manuscript is a symbol of God's act of Creation, as many believed that there was something intrinsically "divine" or "perfect" that could be found in circles

I guess you could say Square and Compass and Circle



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by fastwalker23
I believe it has something to do with their genetic make up, spiritual significance and how its energy field interacts with the universe as universal expression.

One of those '___' things that cant be explained only experienced.

Early science, particularly geometry and astronomy/astrology, was connected to the divine for most medieval scholars. Notice, even, the circular shape of the halo. The compass in this 13th century manuscript is a symbol of God's act of Creation, as many believed that there was something intrinsically "divine" or "perfect" that could be found in circles

I guess you could say Square and Compass and Circle


Im not talking about why they are circles. Did you even read the posts in this thread before hitting reply?



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeraphone
 


Actually no I didnt. How could you tell?



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well, I guess 'cause crop fields are easy to embed markings in; being that the stalks are thicker, easier to bend, and taller than like, grass, for example. Plus crop fields are large and easy to draw a great glyph in.



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
Well, I guess 'cause crop fields are easy to embed markings in; being that the stalks are thicker, easier to bend, and taller than like, grass, for example. Plus crop fields are large and easy to draw a great glyph in.


I really dont think the factor of ease should be applied to beings that can apparently travel millions of light years.

If you're telling me that they can build ships that travel that far yet choose to use crops because it is easier then say burning an image into cement or a field of grass then I just can't believe it.



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeraphone
 


Aliens are like god; they work in mysterious ways.

I don't know. Then I honestly think that we couldn't guess why aliens make them where they do.



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeraphone

Originally posted by bronco73
Yup, easy to make, visible to more people, easy to make it seem like the "aliens" are trying to contact us.

It's like that saying about a tree falling in the forest, does anybody hear?


You're telling me a crop circle, in some remote farm lands, is more visible than a pattern carved into Times Square? Or the Super Dome? Or Central Park?

I hardly think crop circles are visible to most people because most people dont live near these crops. If these Aliens wanted to communicate with us why not drop something smack bang into the central populous.


No, I'm telling you it would be more visible than on normal grassland, ice, etc. That is what was asked in the original question. I perhaps read more into it than I should have, thinking that it had meant remote areas like the frigid arctic or antarctic, or mountainous areas, wildlands, etc.

Didn't mean to get you all riled up, apologies.



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73

Originally posted by Mikeraphone

Originally posted by bronco73
Yup, easy to make, visible to more people, easy to make it seem like the "aliens" are trying to contact us.

It's like that saying about a tree falling in the forest, does anybody hear?


You're telling me a crop circle, in some remote farm lands, is more visible than a pattern carved into Times Square? Or the Super Dome? Or Central Park?

I hardly think crop circles are visible to most people because most people dont live near these crops. If these Aliens wanted to communicate with us why not drop something smack bang into the central populous.


No, I'm telling you it would be more visible than on normal grassland, ice, etc. That is what was asked in the original question. I perhaps read more into it than I should have, thinking that it had meant remote areas like the frigid arctic or antarctic, or mountainous areas, wildlands, etc.

Didn't mean to get you all riled up, apologies.


Im not riled up at all, and thank you for your contribution to the thread. Yes you are correct I guess, they are more visible in crops then say, some barren ice landscape. But I still think they could do something in more populated areas that dont have crops.



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Crop Circles appear in fields because plants are easier than cement for people to stamp down with wooden planks.



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
no nonononononon, aaaaaaaaaaaall----------------wrongy

I tell u the truthy. ok listen, now.... to me:-)

the corny circlys are just the Reprinting of the UFOsys. ok? they cannot change. aaaand they just land on corn........

uhh mess me up



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeraphone
Im not riled up at all, and thank you for your contribution to the thread. Yes you are correct I guess, they are more visible in crops then say, some barren ice landscape. But I still think they could do something in more populated areas that dont have crops.


And looking at it from that point of view, you are very correct. It would make much more sense to make these crop circles right on the whitehouse lawn, or in the middle of central park, etc. If they REALLY wanted to send us a message, laying it down in farmer joe's durum wheat seems like a poor choice.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73

Originally posted by Mikeraphone
Im not riled up at all, and thank you for your contribution to the thread. Yes you are correct I guess, they are more visible in crops then say, some barren ice landscape. But I still think they could do something in more populated areas that dont have crops.


And looking at it from that point of view, you are very correct. It would make much more sense to make these crop circles right on the whitehouse lawn, or in the middle of central park, etc. If they REALLY wanted to send us a message, laying it down in farmer joe's durum wheat seems like a poor choice.


Exactly, which leads to one of two possibilities.

1. They are fake, and thus crops are easier to bend and more accessible to the hoaxers;

or.

2. The UFOs dont do it to reach human civilization, but rather other UFOs or themselves, or just for fun.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hi...

My theory as to why the "signs" or the "circle" always seem to appear on crop fields is "coincidence", actually.

Let me explain:

Perhaps it's not a matter of crop/wild vegetation/rocks/grass... it is a matter of LOCATION. Meaning that the location is "fixed". If there weren't crops in the area, but a football field, we would also see circles/signs there.
Don't most of the crop circles appear in the same area/region each year?

This theory is based only in my intuition and gut feeling, so don't ask me for proof or evidence.

Adding to that, I must say that I'm still (after 10+ years researching UFO and ET phenomena) not convinved that the crop circles are made directly by ET nor are they all fakes and hoaxes.

IMHO, crop circles are more like a sign that our Earth is somehow "programed" to send out. Like scheduled messages from our ancient past.
Again, just a gut feeling theory.


Peace



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join