It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some People are Invulnerable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Something you should know about my brother before I write this topic. He dismisses all psychic phenomena and thinks I am actually crazy for even looking into such things.

Over the past 21 years of my life it has been proven to me again and again that some people are simply invulnerable by no doing of their own. There are certain people that are protected to fill a higher purpose, by powers that surround them that they cannot control. My experience with these people is that they are usually good hearted and inate leaders. I believe that there is a supreme intelligence throughout the universe that governs this.

My brother on the day of September 11th before the attacks had relayed to me he had a dream where NYC was bombed by terrorists. He never used the word "planes" though.

He has come out unscathed out of situations that would usually kill someone. These include drowning, falling off a roof onto cement on his back (saying that he thought he had landed into the bushes because he didn't feel anything or even have a bruise as my friend and I watched horrified), being cut in the eye that should have blinded a normal man and being in a biking accident which should have killed him, only to have a few cuts.

So my question to ATS is do you think such people exist? Do you think other people must fill a certain purpose and that there is a greater design? Is such phenomena possible?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Sounds a great deal like the movie "unbreakable".

I actually wanted to do a research project on people who seem to be invulnerable. Because it was a psychology course I would have to deal with it more in terms of mental and emotional invulnerability than physical. The professor poo-poo'd that idea.

Yes, I believe some people can take hits like a champ. I'd like to think they just have a natural innate resilience to the things that should cause them pain.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

I have something like that. I don't feel pain except fire. I was even stabbed once. This seems to be different though.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
When I was in the service, I took 52 Bayer in one sitting.

Nothing happened, and I'm allergic to aspirin.

But I agree, there probably are some people out there who are destined / fated for a higher purpose, and as such, are protected.

However, if those people are aware enough to hear their calling, well... that's something else altogether.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
wow thats strange because this happens to me:

when i was very young i fell off some high stairs and hit concrete, i went unconscious and was taken to the hospital, my parents say that the doctors couldnt believe it, they said it was a miracle because i didnt even have one bruise on me.

i was also in a bike accident a few years ago all i got was a sprain wrist, when i should have been very seriously injured.

i believe it is something called watchers that protect people like me in this way, check out this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

in the later posts.

id also like to know anymore info on your brother, example does he get a lot of deja vus?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
When I was a three years old, I drank 8oz. of mercury, died, and was resuscitated with no permanent damage. One month later, I ate an entire bottle of grandmother's blood pressure medication, died yet again, and was promptly resuscitated with no lingering effects upon my physiology. A month after that (seriously, I was a suicidal child or something), I got into a pen at my other grandmother's house with a bronco so vicious it tried to kill anyone who came near it...the damn thing rolled over onto its back while I rubbed its belly like a dog.

When I was five or six years old I had an 1200lb tree fall on me (it had to be rolled off of me) and escaped unscathed without so much as a scratch. A day later I was kicked in the ribs by a ton and a half bull...I didn't even bruise. I've had one broken leg (skating accident at eight) that healed with almost supernatural speed, I require corrective lenses, and I've had some fillings...but other than that clean bill of health. I've been shot at and missed, and I've fallen out of trucks and ATV's traveling at high rates of speed without injury. I should be dead by now, but something has decreed otherwise. I am beginning to think that I was meant to do something extraordinary especially with my life going the way it has been recently.

I don't think I am invincible and would not test that theory either; I feel as if I have already pushed my "luck" as it is. Strange indeed.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don't know if he has deja vu.

I have had many experiences myself of this nature, similar to my brothers. But this topic wasn't designed to just talk about myself.

I believe there is a supreme consciousness we can tap into. Similar to these events I have noticed what I can only describe as the inner core of my being surrendering to a higher power. Everyone knew about this back in high school and occasionally took advantage of it during stage crew by hitting me on the back with a lead pipe. Someone even stabbed me in the leg. He was later noted to be a drug addict. I have even been electricuited multiple times with none of the usual symptoms. I have only been sick three times in the 21 years of my existence. It seems there is some type of switch that goes beyond ourselves that anyone can tap into, by simply accepting that there are forces going on beyond our control and surrendering to them, submitting. Accepting that we all will live and die and the body has a chance of going beyond death.

I read a book about the masters of the Himalayas years ago that said when there is dis-harmony in the body, dis-ease sets in. Then the fear from the dis-ease fuels the problem further. Your mind and body caught in the struggle cannot heal itself. It is similar to when you worry about getting to sleep so you actually don't get to sleep.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

You have captured an aspect of the Tao. Beautiful indeed, starred my friend.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Torsten

Really? I never read anything about the Tao. I will look into that.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I took invulnerability to be something not related to what I call the divine. I see now where this thread was headed.

It is an appealing idea if you subscribe to it. But due to my own personal beliefs in existence it is hard for me to believe that someone is kept alive by an outside (and by outside I mean greater power that isn't flesh and blood) force. If you survive something that should have killed you I am more prone to believing you were simply in the right place at the right time or your body was able to keep itself from death. Could it have been a guardian angel? Perhaps. Was it some universal consciousness that needed you to fulfill a role in the future, henceforth keeping you breathing? Perhaps again.

There is a higher power, no doubt in my mind. The idea that it is divine and spiritual is something that for me requires substantial proof, as does the idea that accepting or surrendering to it keeps you alive. The idea that there is a plan for me decided upon by a higher power, that in cases may prevent death or illness in order for me to continue living as planned, is too much for me to take in as of now. Yet I'm not discounting it.

Not trying to derail your idea, I just view invulnerability in a different light.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
i got the same thing as your brothre i cant really chat now cause i gotta get offthe comp but i should be dead with the ammount ive been through.....

and if this helps ur "investigation" im sorta psychic in that way so maybe some divine being has plans for us? who knows,,,

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
wow your thread realy hit home with me.

all my life my parents .. mostly my mum have told me how lucky i am at avoiding any serious injury's.

one time that sticks vividly in my memory was 3 years ago skating home. back then i didnt skate every day and my skating was good but not amazing. anyhow i came down a hill on the outer side of the street than normal. hit some bumps near the crossing at the bottom of the hill..(the little ones for blind people to know its a crossing) i came off and went head first into a corner of a wall. the amazing thing was i went threw the wall. shearing off the top 4 lairs of bricks and mortar. sat around dazed for about 5 mins then carried on home. the next day i had very minor busing. the doctor i saw said i shud of broken my collar bone or shoulder.... the realy unlucky thing was my mum knew the people whoes wall i broke so i had to go and fix it

but ive always had this feeling that god is watching out for me in some weird way. i dont like to push my survivability. because your lucks got to run out one day. all i can say is that im a very lucky person. ive had many other scrapes with death. 2 with cars witch to this day im still not sure how i missed. one really long fall out of a tree, no damage bar my balls that hit a branch on the way down.

there arer loads more

oh and with all the sakteboarding i do the worst ive ever done is buresd my self.. all my life ive never managed to break a bone. worst ive doe is a few cuts. minor burns. and when i was small strained a ligament ... once again then i shud of broken my legs!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I believe i am one of those people. Okay, first off, I remember only breaking one bone, my colar bone, thats it, and I did that when I was about 5 years old. i have been in 3 car crashes. Most recently I was doing about 70 in my dodge neon this summer and rolled it off the road and totaled my car and walked away without a scratch. One of the other crashes i survived was when i had a 96' 5.0 mustang fire red, and rammed it into a light pole doing 50 miles or so and yet again I walked away without a scratch or bruise. The other car crash I won't even mention due to the emotional value of it.

When I was younger I had a Honda Big Red 3 wheel ATV and got into a big accident involving a drunk driver (not me) and the last thing I remember was flying through the air and then waking up on the road, yet again I walked away without a scratch. My home town has 2 cliffs on either side of town and when I was about 12 I remember being there with about 4 or 5 of my friends and I fell off a very high ridge, the funny thing is when I was falling I remember being bathed in a golden light and felt as light as a feather (the best feeling I have ever felt), when my friends caught up to me at the bottom of the cliffs they said they couldn't believe the I was still alive. Again not a scratch or bruise on me.

So yes I do believe the some people are here to serve a higher purpose, I've been in 3 car crashes that should've killed me, fell at least a hundred feet and through all of this i have come out unscathed and unhurt.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Nice thread.

Don't forget a cat has only nine lives. I think I have expended 6 of mine so far in ~4 decades.

I think some people are just lucky and and get to live long lives, others are not so lucky. I don't think it is destiny or purpose. Luck and chance is all.

Take care,

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
yeh im pretty much invulnerable had alot of near death experiences

check out some of my threads and you'll get a understanding why

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
I think some people are just lucky and and get to live long lives, others are not so lucky. I don't think it is destiny or purpose. Luck and chance is all.

I'll have to agree with this.

I also had experiences in which I hit an edged piece of concrete that resulted in a miniscule hole in my head. Which got closed with some kind of special glue lol.

And falling down some stairs (That resulted in nothing.)

Though sometimes I don't think it's a matter of ''luck'' but a matter of people overestimating things.

Like one time I got thrown to the ground whilst I was on my bike (dunno how or what or why.) and I smashed into the ground headfirst.

I didn't really feel a lot of pain and some people came and said, OMG YOU'RE MISSING A PIECE OF YOUR CHIN! And I was like, eh, wtf?

The First Aid person didn't fix it up properly though so it resulted in a growth that I got removed later lol.

[edit on 29/8/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

Coincidence would certainly be able to explain that. Of the 6,700,000,000 people on the planet, the incidents you describe are likely to happen to at least a few dozen, possibly even thousands.

Unless you can rule that out, leaping to any other conclusion is not exactly sensible.

There is a medical condition, however, (it's actually a genetic mutation - don't tell the Creationists) where people are born with super-dense bones. Instead of the honeycomb-like structure in the centre of normal human bones, theirs are far more rigid and strong. These people's bones are practically unbreakable, at least compared to you or I.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
There's the saying "God looks after fools and drunks" but I think it only applies to a certain type of innocently whole-hearted lion-like ones...I could tell many stories but instead I will just ask, do you know what I mean? It's all part of the trickster gift set of steak knives...

top topics

join