It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin D... Miracle cure?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Considering the anti-milk campaigns and the rotten eating habits of the USA youth I am not surprised at the problems seen. ADD is certainly not helped by high sugar/caffeine intake combined with no sunlight or exercise.

I am a post menopausal female and I just had 1200 pounds of animal JUMP square on my foot while it was edge-up ( I was sprawled on the ground). No broken bones. I drink lots of vit D milk and no coffee. I also spend a lot of time outside. I have been paying careful attention to what I eat and it certainly seems to help. I got rid of “reflux” by cutting out starch and high blood pressure by cutting out NaCl and increasing my trace minerals. My joint problems (arthritis) were minimized by Glucosamine and Chondroitin.

I suggest careful research and check for reports of side effects. The FDA has a site that gives a list of reported side effects of most stuff.

If you sincerely wish to continue to have access to food supplements please check out this site on WTO, Codex Alimentarius Commission and Vitamin issues. The fight for the control of the World's Food supply is raging behind closed doors.
www.nocodexgenocide.com...
nonais.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ill bet all the hype about skin cancer and avoiding the sun has led to D deficiency. I have been taking it to help relieve some of the pain with my fibromyalgia. I think it helps, along with magnesium.

We dont tend to have adequate vitamins and minerals in our diet anymore. Eerything is overprocessed and full of chemicals that sap our bodies of nutrients.

Is it possible that the vitamin D deficiency in sick or dead people was caused by the illness itself and not the other way around?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I went to the health store yesterday and picked up some vitamin D do largely to the info in this thread . I guess I will see if I notice any changes in the coming days

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Is the "sick people" study the same one where they did nothing different but add some extra Vitamin D? A disturbingly large number of surveys completely ignore the effect of total nutrition on the body - sure, you're dying - eat tons of junk food, etc, but this l'il vitamin D pill ought to fix ya right up!

Quazga - thanks for the advice, I've gotten some vitamin D and can't wait to start trying it out

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg

I don't suppose you read this scientific study about Vitamin D before taking it did you?
This was published in January.
www.sciencedaily.com...
The recent finding of low vitamin D in sick people and people who died means nothing.They have always known this.
There is a reason why sick people have low Vitamin D and it isn't because they aren't getting enough or taking supplements.
Taking more can make the problem worse.

That's a fair point. And if I were sick and have a disease, You are right it would be bad to get on anything without some sort of health preofessional working with you.

I'm taking this originally as a lark, but now, because It has removed all of my cravings for "stuff thats bad for you". For example, I used to crave Sodas... I don't anymore.

Also, I used to have trouble getting up in the morning... I don't anymore.

I used to have a very low stress level and short temper... I don't anymore.

I also used to have difficulty dealing with the task at hand, due to distractions... I don't anymore.

I recently recommend this to my mother, 5 days later she called to tell me that she has discovered that she is a totally different woman.

Now it might have something to do with this quote from the article you posted...

Vitamin D affects the expression of over 1,000 genes, so we should not expect a simplistic cause and effect between vitamin D supplementation and disease.

You see.. I'm not recommending this as a way to treat a disease, I'm only extolling the wonderful benefits that I have witnessed from it myself.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
I went to the health store yesterday and picked up some vitamin D do largely to the info in this thread . I guess I will see if I notice any changes in the coming days

Yep.. please let me know how that turns out. So far I have received several good reports from others.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm on day 4 with D. So far I can't definitely say that I notice any difference. But even a slight improvement with my concentration and stress level will be very welcome.

I've also started a regimen of free weights and walking/bikeing. That can't hurt either.

I'm at the age, that a lot of my compadres are having strokes or heart attacks. No thanks.

I know that it's an old joke but it still applies.....

"If I had of known I would live so long; I would have taken better care of myself"

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Please keep in mind, everyone who is taking D. You MUST have calcium in your diet as well.

D enables the absorption and phosphorus

However, if it does find anything like that to work with, then it will encourage the uptake of other not so nice elements...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I stopped by and picked up some vitamin D today after reading this thread. I will report back if I notice any changes.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So quite synchronistically, my mother, who is now a Vitamin D convert, informed me that there is a seminar on Sep 23 in Darke County Ohio on Vitamin D specifically given by a doctor who is the lead principle of the local family care center.

Needless to say, she is going to attend.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well its been five days, I feel absolutely no different then when I started taking it. I will give it another week and report back.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
Well its been five days, I feel absolutely no different then when I started taking it. I will give it another week and report back.

Another thing I have noticed recently is a much smoother and better looking complexion.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashodi
Thanks Quazga for the info.
I will be trying some new dosages of Vitamine D, and this time not taking 100 pills in 5 weeks like i did with the B12 (although I'm still puzzled as to why I had no reaction at all)

It may be because B12 doesnt digest well if taken in pill form. Thats why lots of people take the shots. One way around it, is to get the liquid B12 that you place under your tongue to be absorbed into the blood stream. You might try that and see if you get a better result.

And, just to add a little on the D, the very knowledgeable guy at the health store I frequent stopped me from buying just regular vitamin D and said that D-3 is the form they are recommending most highly. So, might want to try that. He also is in the 2000 IU camp.

I am taking it, and while I havent noticed any remarkable results, I dont see any good reason not to take it. I use sunscreen with a very high SPF every single day, so I know I could use the extra vitamin D. Who wouldnt want a little extra health insurance?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Bump.

Vitamin D deficiency in U.S. children....

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join