It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Want Out Of Life? Because I Have No Idea!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
What Do You Want Out Of Life?

Me, I have no idea. I cant figure it out. Do I want to study, do I want to settle down and find a nice girl and get married? Not sure.

Do you know what do you want out of life?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
When I was younger I wanted it all - fame, wealth, the lot. Marriage never came into it then and I was gonna live forever anyway so had time to do anything and everything. now I'm older (not necessarily wiser) I realise that I'm really very happy with the simple things that make life a joy - a man I'm happy to grow old with who makes me laugh every day, an expanding family as my kids have grown up, a loving relationship with my parents and siblings, good companions,a good book, a full belly and a warm backside.
Material things don't really matter to me that much but the people making lifes journey with me are priceless.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't think anyone know's what they REALLY want for life.
We're all here for different reasons and I guess finding that reason is what life's all about.
Don't worry your not alone at all

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I really dont want to be famous or anything like that

i actually just wanna help people

im going to train to become a firefighter ina few years.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i can absolutely feel what you mean. what do we want out of life?

the main thing is that i want to be happy. but what brings me happiness? that is a very difficult question everyone has to solve on his own.
i personally dont believe that a big carrere or money or fame can bring you happiness. i think you can only be happy when you are able to truly love and be loved. that sound so cheesy but i think that is the key.
maybe you shouldnt think about what you want out of life too much. you should just go where your feeling directs you to - then you cant do anything wrong.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by milabb.]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm a simple man. As long as I have a big fuzzy pussy on my lap at all times, than I'm good to go!

Wait, that didn't sound right. Fuzzy Kitties!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Being young and restless, as I am, my ambitions are still a bit up there. Like my parents say I will never stop floating. Studying to be a filmmaker, I of course hope to continue making films for a very long time ahead. Wether or not it will be as a big time Hollywood director or something smaller, I don't know. As long as I can make films I'm happy, doing anything else would seriously bum me out.

Overall with my life, I just do what I feel like, in any situation. I just do whatever pops into my head. Although I usually plan it sometime ahead if it's something big and serious, like moving to England. I just try to have fun whenever possible, both in everyday and in work. That's what I want to do with my life, live freely and have the oppertunity to do whatever!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Find something(s) bigger than myself and devote my life to it.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well, seeing as how I'm already old.

I guess I just want to be as healthy as possible, make a decent living, be happily married and just get along with everyone.

That isn't asking too much is it?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i used to think it was all about fame too and money, but now i want independance and security. ie I want to move out of home, find a ncie girl and be comfortable (no kids) lol pity every girl i meet lately is just nutty or money driven!!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball

Oh that's easy: I want to share true love with a significant other wherever he may be. Hah!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I don't know what I want either but in the immortal words of Edgar Bergan....

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy"

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky

Originally posted by q_ball

Oh that's easy: I want to share true love with a significant other wherever he may be. Hah!

Hello

[edit on 15-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I want to make a difference in society. Before it was all about fame, sex, music and also drugs. It just turned pretty childish for me. Now I take care of my health really really well and I'm concerned over the safety of my family and my girlfriend. I want security for my present and future family.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Life is a crazy thing.

From young ages (for me, 5) I was constantly asked "What do you want to be when you grown up?" No one really knows - and if they do - I think they are lying. How can you POSSIBLY know what you're going to want in 10 years?

I don't know what I want for tomorrow - how can I plan my life for 10 years from now?

I guess what I think I want out of Life is to happy with everything I do. I want to sit down at the end of the day, and know that I did everything I possibly could to satisfy my need for self approval. I want to know that I worked hard. That I played hard. And that I didn't take anything for granted.

At this point in time, the things I want right now all stem from Education. I want to get the education that my parents never got. I want to do the things they never did. I want to travel. I want to see the world. I want to make a difference - in just one persons' life. How I make the difference is unclear at the moment...

Man, life is so freakin' complicated!

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

just one thing...

do I want to settle down and find a nice girl and get married?

ROFLCOPTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god! tears! there are tears in my eyes there! That has got to be the funniest thing I have ever EVER read on this site.

Oh man, my sides! I can't take it! (PANT)

ok, ok, just give me a minute (pant) ok, im alright
oh that was good!

I would suggest studying at a university, get some paper under your belt, go out and do that job for a while, if you like it, great, if not go back and get another piece of paper under your belt and repeat.

Nice Girl (SNORT!) thats rich!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I agree, my better half would have to be smart active and mean enough to whack me on the head with a frying pan when I needed it

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
well i can honestly say i now what i want out of life!

what i want is to attain as many good deeds as i can, try to avoid having bad deeds
(have been married over 2 years with a little girl now so this is done!)

"marriage is half of ones deen/way" we are told, so this shows you just how important marriage is seen, and how it can have so much blessing when done the right way and kept in the state of pleasing The Lord.

God Most High says: " I did not create man or jinn except to worship Me"
thus this is the persons frame of life.

He also says:

"Everyone shall taste death. And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the fire and admitted to Paradise, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)."

"and give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous good deeds, that for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (paradise). Every time they will be provided with a fruit therefrom, they will say: "This is what we were provided with before," and they will be given things in resemblance (i.e. in the same form but different in taste) and they shall have therein Azwajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives), and they will abide therein forever."

thus we know we want such a place to be our destination and not the following:

"He will say: "Enter you in the company of nations who passed away before you, of men and jinns, into the fire." Every time a new nation enters, it curses its sister nation (that went before), until they will be gathered all together in the fire. The last of them will say to the first of them: "Our Lord! These misled us, so give them a double torment of the fire." He will say: "For each one there is double (torment), but you perceive not."

the life pf pleasing ones Creator and maintaining a pure and correct belief in Him with His names and Attributes, aspiring to attain His paradise should be our goal, and what can be wrong with striving to do good and avoiding evil throughout our lives?

it was asked "will a person get reward for going to his wife (having intimate relations with her)?"
it was replied "would one not attain sin if doing such a thing through unlawful means?"

i.e even for a believer to satisfy ones spouse and ones own self in a LAWFUL means has great blessing and reward
(even a disbeliever would be saved from the sin of unlawful satisfaction!)

the life of a believer who strives to attain the pleasure of The Lord in all ways (eating, drinking, working, sleeping etc) is the best way of life, and the way to rewards in the hereafter, and we pray one is also saved from the punishment in the grave if they repent sincerely and accept the way of truth... for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

jaamiahamidia.wordpress.com...

there's my 2 pennys!

thanks for reading!
"

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
LOL it wasnt literal i meant it as DO I?

As for whether I do or not..who knows...

Regardless, Id rather aim to have an Aston Martin and Private Jet in this life!!

And if a nice lady is there with me, why not!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I believe I have a calling in this life. It cannot easily be put into words, and I don't think I'm supposed to. I have a quest or a mission to accomplish, but I keep putting it off. I've come so far, but I'm sort of afraid to finish it. Basically, these last two years, I've been letting time drift by. And I'm not sure why. Fear that it won't work out, maybe; or fear that it will, and my life will be forever changed.

new topics

top topics

join