It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Russia/US Nuclear War Breaks Where Do We Go?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

Russia has 15 to 16 thousand nuclear warheads
The USA has 5 to 7 thousand nuclear warheads

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yes, Switzerland's out as already explained in an above post. There are strict limitations on which properties can be sold to foreigners and those properties are generally located in 'tourist' areas ... and are expensive.

Australia's fine, but a long way from the US and then a very long trip inland to sparsely-inhabited 'safe' areas ... and you'd need to know how to live off the land for an extended period.

It's understandable that Americans are worried about their safety, considering that American politicians have antagonised just about every other nation on the planet and continue their endless, warlike interference while Americans struggle to survive in what is allegedly 'the richest nation in the world'.

Understandable also that despite causing wars globally, the US has never felt the tread of enemy boots on its own land.

If I were an American worried about my family's safety, I'd be thinking more along the lines of getting rid of America's insane, war-mongering politicians. For as long as Americans continue to vote in lunatics, no American will ever feel or BE safe.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Well that post raises hopes I guess, scary # we're talking about. I think its complete bs how world powers can go to war and leave their whole population on the back burner like we dont exist. We'll see what happens.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
...B. Some misc Caribbean Island. My mentality is once again the wind and the fact that who the hell is going to nuke some small Caribbean Island.

C. Switzerland. For some reason Switzerland never gets hit in all the wars and part of that reason is because that is where all the money and power of the world play. ...

If you got the money to do B, and C, then you have the money to have an in-place shelter built.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

We all have what we call a "Bug-Out" bag. A bug-out bag contains the absolute necessities to survive without access to anything we currently can acquire by purchase. It has the basics that a person can grab and "bug-out" if the situation calls for it. It could be any disaster of any kind. Different fire-starters, some trade goods, iodine, emergency medical supplies, a water filter, candles, dry rations, rifle, snares, machete, hatchet, and so on. You can pack up a rucksack on your own, and it will be far superior to anything you can buy. You must be able to live off what you carry for a minimum of three days. Seven is better.

As far as where in the event of a nuclear exchange, just about anywhere underground for a week or so, depending on how close you are to detonations and which way the wind is blowing. Likely, you'll only have minutes of warning, so it's not like you're actually going to get very far when the balloon goes up. Dig in, hunker down, and let the radiation diminish. You can get really good data on radiation by Googling.

Just know that in a state of anarchy, (which doesn't take much) animals will be your greatest enemy. The two-legged kind.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Australia used to be a great a place to survive WW3 until we let the US build Pine Gap in the middle of our outback. Pine Gap as far as I understand it is an early warning radar station (over the horizon maybe?)and central communications hub for US and Allied control and command in the southern hemisphere.

I remember protests about Pine Gap many years ago because it was thought in a nuclear exchange, it would be one of the very first targets to be taken out so as to disrupt any further missile detection.

I think there is also a US base being built in Western Australia somewhere along the coast that may be an Allied submarine comms station. Sure to also be an early strike target.

There is a heap of room in the outback to be sure, but you may get fallout from these strikes so take a geiger counter to test water and air.

Other than Australia I would go New Zealand for maximum safety. They have remained staunchly nuclear free and do not have any significant bases that would be targetted. Plus (this is only from memory so please correct me if wrong) most of their weather patterns come from Antarctica so they stand the best chance of being fallout free.

I can't confirm this, but a friend of mine from NZ mentioned he was amazed at the amount of A list type people such as celebs, rich people, CEOs etc that had bought up properties on the south island of NZ. Maybe it is a trendy place to holiday, but maybe they also think its a pretty decent safe haven. If anyone can corroberate, please let me know.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Everything I read and see in terms of survival seemingly is utterly inacurate.

I have posted on this before.

Radiation if you know how to handle it... Is NOT the issue.

Nuclear Winter is.

You need to be able to survive for 2 years

Fallout will only fall for weeks, if you have good solid ground water, from a deep source you can use a gieger counter and after a few weeks continually wash it out of your local area

In the short term, the proper pills, and air filtration WLL survive you

within a few weeks the half life on particulates will be so small that if you have an enclosed source of food your going to be okay...

But I'm not getting into the radiation aspects

Nuclear Winter will...

A: Freeze everything for a long time
B: When the melt comes all the particulates will be run down hill and into the oceans a lower valleys and lake beds

The world will not be a lifetime scourge of radiation

It WILL be FROZEN like an ice cube for a year or two...

Then Global warming will run out of control as some sunlight gets back in but can not escape...

so yr 1-2

Ice age... Global snowball... all particulates traped in ice, with proper clothing you will be able to go out side and breathe deep and have no fear, it all will have fallen under a few feet of snow at best at worst a glacier of the stuff depending on where you are

year 2-4 Global Hot House, massive melts of snow and ice, water world, all cities and costal areas flooded, debris of 90% of nuke sites under water for decades to come

Your going to need to be at Altitude... In the Mts, because the freeze will keep you in, but when the floods and seering heat comes the water will run the particulates off the mtn and it will be cool enough up there to survive

In a decade... as things start moving to equilibrium, there will be no radiation but at the bottom of the oceans...the world will be frozen, baked and flooded over a few short years, everything will run into the oceans, the cities will remain underwater a long, long time.

You can live in paradise if you build your shelter not so much for radiation... But years of initial surviavl of the elements

You need radiation filters and Iodine for a few months at worst

You need the ability to eat and have power underground and a deep well for water that won't freeze for...oh a good five years

Radiation will never hit the deep water table... not untiol long after it is gone from the surface in the high country

The freeze will start in under a week

figure if it hits on a Monday in July and it's 90 outside on your Mtn... by the following Monday it will after several days of darkness be -20 outside or worse...

The first few weeks will be... horrendously cold... martian cold

and everything...all of it the winds and cold will force all particulates down followed by moisture from the atmosphere, it will all of it, all the radiation be under the ice and deep under it in a matter of a few weeks at worst.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well, if you have been good ,heaven. And if you have been bad

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

If Russia/US Nuclear War Breaks Where Do We Go?

Tom Cruises bunker.
He has the best bunker.
What you do is camp outside it and when him and Katie and the other Scientology nutters come and open the door to go in grab them throw them out and go inside.

No police will come because its the end of the world.
And also they couldnt get through the blast doors anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join