It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did The US Actually Assist Russia Despite Georgian Conflict?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is solidly 'Skunk Works" material in that it is off-the-wall and I have absolutely NO PROOF that any of it is even remotely true.

On Tuesday August 12, 2008, at aproximately 1:00PM Pacific Daylighe Savings Time, at least one, and perhaps several communications satellites appear to have ceased functioning.

Sources report that the outage lasted for several hours.

The rumor, and it is only a rumor, is that the outage might have been "less than accidental".

The off-the-wall portion of this rumor suggests that, as a result of the outage, a quid pro quo, possibly related to an expected future, third party, action vis-a-vis Iran, might be on the table.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sorry for being so obtuse in my intitial post.

I was concerned, perhaps overly so, for the safety of parties who should be able to fend for themselves.

The gist of the rumor, as I understand it, is that word leaked out regarding an attempt by Georgian forces to severely disrupt Russian command/contol/communications (C3) by the introduction of a digital virus.

To maintain assets in Georgia, Russia could not be seen to act against the plot herself.

The US volunteered "firewall" protection, despite the real and potential financial implications such action required.

In return, the US is rumored to have recieved certain diplomatic assurances and/or concessions from Russia in the event of an attack upon Iran, likely to be carried out by Israel.

If these rumors are true, it does not bode well for "Peace in the Middle East", at least not in the immediate future.

The big question still on everyone's mind is: "What will China do in the event of an attack on Iran?"

In the next 2-3 months or so, look for some "interesting" contacts between China and the US.

If Sino-US relations suddenly become warm and smilely, leave Tehran.

If relations turn cold and nasty, leave the planet.

join