It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Is my Grandfather a time traveler or a joker?[HOAX]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Again you are assuming that grammar would be important in this future... especially in a military society. You just have to look at the current state of affairs on education and how our children have the worst education in the world.. couple that with a nasty world war and a military society,then having bad grammar in the future is extremely plausible.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

As I have said many times before (point being I'm not bringing it up just now for this purpose), I majored in anthropology, that would be when I took my physical and forensic anthropology classes. I'm currently getting my ph d/masters fast track program at UNLV. I'd invite the mods to post my ip address right now to prove I'm actually typing you from the library at UNLV as we speak.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot

Again you are assuming that grammar would be important in this future... especially in a military society. You just have to look at the current state of affairs on education and how our children have the worst education in the world.. couple that with a nasty world war and a military society,then having bad grammar in the future is extremely plausible.

Once again, if our education is in the toilets, how are we now producing the scientists that will crack time travel? Maybe the one to do it will have his GED

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Typing from a library does not prove anything.... I suggest you post your credentials in the forsenic field.. so you can put this to rest.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Albert Einstein failed all of his grade school classes... F's on each one and I aslo believe English or the German equivalent... So knowing grammar and knowing physics are not the same thing..

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I have posted my credentials. I just happen to be getting my ph d from the university I am typing in. No, I just go to UNLV and use their library (something only a current student can do, what with password protections.)

When my name is Dr. Knapple, I'lll post and tell everyone how my dissertation was accepted and the Academy recognizes me as a Dr. But thats three years away. For now you'll just have to look at my myspace and facebook to see that its not some secret Ive been studying anthropology for a while now

myspace.com/benknapple

www.facebook.com...#/profile.php?id=1058683812

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Einstein was born on 14 March in Ulm, in Germany, in 1879. The next year, his family moved to Munich. At the age of 7, he started school in Munich. At the age of 9, he entered the Luitpold-Gymnasium. By the age of 12 he was studying calculus. Now this was very advanced, because the students would normally study calculus when they were 15 years old. He was very good at the sciences. But, because the 19th-century German education system was very harsh and regimented, he didn't really develop his non-mathematical skills (such as history, languages, music and geography). In fact, it was his mother, not his school, who encouraged him to study the violin - and he did quite well at that as well.

In 1895, he sat the entrance examinations to get into the prestigious Federal Polytechnic School (or Academy) in Zurich, Switzerland. He was 16, two years younger than his fellow applicants. He did outstandingly well in physics and mathematics, but failed the non-science subjects, doing especially badly in French - so he was not accepted. ......

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The OP has also stated that under the 'cut and paste' image is the same image and is willing to pull back the cut and pasted image and take a photo to show if that helps any.

I would quote it, but I'm afraid I've lost it among the 9 pages of replies.

But as a side note, does this remind anyone of the short story "A Sound of Thunder"?

Ah, Ok I read a little more, I see it even uses "A Sound of Thunder" as a reference!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

That is the biggest lie in science free.

Einstein did not fail.

Second, Einstein definitely did not fail at high school. Einstein was born on 14 March in Ulm, in Germany, in 1879. The next year, his family moved to Munich. At the age of 7, he started school in Munich. At the age of 9, he entered the Luitpold-Gymnasium. By the age of 12 he was studying calculus. Now this was very advanced, because the students would normally study calculus when they were 15 years old. He was very good at the sciences. But, because the 19th-century German education system was very harsh and regimented, he didn't really develop his non-mathematical skills (such as history, languages, music and geography). In fact, it was his mother, not his school, who encouraged him to study the violin - and he did quite well at that as well.
einstein did not fail

link   
Honestly, people. I think this document was debunked in the first couple of pages. There's no need to keep showing us all how clever you are by picking on a teenage boy.

He asked a simple question which all the bright debunking minds on here have yet to answer: Is the science possible?

Also, why has no one googled the name of the president? With all the life-extension research going on, it's theoretically possible that a very old man in the 22nd century could be just a boy in the 21st.

Instead of crying "Fake! Hoax!" why not congratulate the boy for a story well presented? If he didn't write it, then his "grandfather" is to be congratulated for inspiring his grandson with one last bedtime story and a world-wide internet viewership (ATS) with something interesting to argue about.

Well done, lad.

link   
This is ridiculous. The errors and problems with this are blatnent from a few glances and have been detailed here by many people. Why can't people just accept that there's nothing to this but hoax?

Bknapple put a good rundown on page 7 that should be all thats needed to convnce anyone running around thinking this is anything but a hoax.

I will admit though, it's creative. But then so was all that ISSAC drone rubbish too...

link   
Just my opinion, but you can see that the handwriting is written with an old person's hand. My grandmother before she died wrote me birthday/christmas cards, and her handwriting deteriorated over the years. So what I'm saying is, the "Mission failure" part we are supposed to assume was written by a young man stranded in our time, but it's obvious to me that it was written by an old man. So a prank.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Are there any government document numbers. Seems there are always some cataloging ID to documents.

It might have been someone's school project or something but to much of it looks to new to be from anywhere but the recent past. Imaginative kids sometimes like to create these type of things.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Free Id suggest you quote your sources and not use wikipedia next time... Widely known for its mistakes.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I never said he did fail... I said he got bad grades and didn't do that well. Does this make him a bad scientist? What I posted is a fact... Check it out. And Anthropology is not a forsenics science....

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Albert Einstein failed all of his grade school classes... F's on each one and I aslo believe English or the German equivalent... So knowing grammar and knowing physics are not the same thing..

Um right there, you said he failed them all. You lose.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I never said he did fail... I said he got bad grades and didn't do that well. Does this make him a bad scientist? What I posted is a fact... Check it out. And Anthropology is not a forsenics science....

ANTHROPLOGY IS NOT A FORENSICS SCIENCE!????????????????????????????????!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sir, you need to do your research before you post blantant ignorance. Look up forensic anthropology on your wikipedia, im sure it will get some of it right.. LOL.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
photoshop. look at the letters in the burn marks. impossible

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have never said this document was valid.. all I have been saying is to stop badgering the OP and do not come to conclusions based on it's bad grammar.. Keep an open mind..

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Honestly, people. I think this document was debunked in the first couple of pages. There's no need to keep showing us all how clever you are by picking on a teenage boy.

He asked a simple question which all the bright debunking minds on here have yet to answer: Is the science possible?

Well done, lad.

I also agree on a job well done, whether by the boy or the grandfather...but yes, the question still remains if the science stated is theoretically possible or if it's a very creative imagination bouncing theories to see if they're possible.

I don't have any degrees in quantum physics or know in detail of what would even in theory be needed to make time travel even possibly exist, so if anyone on here can read the 'manual' and conclude whether or not the theories are possible or not, I'd be happy with that

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join