It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Is my Grandfather a time traveler or a joker?[HOAX]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Or perhaps the grandfather story is part of the hoax. It is possible that his grandfathers wasn't really involved in any part of this story isn't it?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tegmondy

Another mistake by the OP. Cotton paper absorbs ink better than any document. Yet the presidential stamp has faded away...

Yawn, this is getting to easy.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
bknapple32, I think I agree this may be a hoax.

But I still would like someone to explain if the science makes sense.

Also, I can confirm the front image appears to have been posted. I took a peek and fond out what's under it... The same image

I only peeled a tiny bit, but if you'd like, I could peel it off completely and take a picture of it. (I've essentially digitized it at this point, so damaging the original a little bit isn't a big issue.

be back later though.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Tegmondy]

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Tegmondy]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Apparently they don't believe in proper grammar, or spellcheck for that matter, in the future.

Neat.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

You are assuming... I for one don't have the answers.. But realize that if a major war did occur and we lost lets say most of our computer technology and our focus was on miltary applications , then the focus on grammar would be last.... I know a few marines that are actually high up and I can tell you wth certanily they can't even get one paragraph done correctly. They will tell you themselves
The military is not about teaching proper english.. its about designing and making killing machines that will win wars..

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

C'mon patriot. Really? I think this has gone form the OP figuring out if its real or not, to us all (well mostly) figuring out the whole story is a hoax. Maybe his grandpa did pass, and maybe he was a jokester, but there is too much evidence to support that he had nothing to do with this. The OP wants us to think the document is old, yet the typing is pristine and the ink on the seal is not. Thats not huge to you?? the CUTTING AND PASTING??!!?!?! CMON, for the biggest military experiment of all mankind, and you explain it away by stating our education system is in the toilet.. If thats so, how did the idiots who still cut and paste develop time travel?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I suggest you stop badgering the op.. the op clearly stated that he needed help in determining if this is a hoax or not.. Notice he said cotton like he didn't do a spectral analysis on it.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

A time machine is going to be invented by a scientist. Too much physics involved for someone who is not educated.

I know lots of people who cant spell, but they know how to use the spell check....

Sure, there could be major wars that wipe out computers, then how on earth, without technology will they bend time?

I see, you dont want to count this out, but you're reaching.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Free, one will know if its cotton or not. Just to make the assumption its cotton, they probably know. Im not badgering. I'm denying ignorance.

have I made it clear, amongst others, that I dont even buy the whole grandpa facet of the story either. His 'I dont know if this is real or not either' is a tool used to garner sympathy and not be attacked. The arguments to call this a hoax are the same ones to point that granpa had nothing to do with this.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Trust me the military is not in the business of making pretty books.. If you look at the current Army field manuel I am sure it is produced by a publisher NOT THE ARMY... if there are major wars do you really think the ARMY would start a BOOK brigade
this is the last thing on there minds...

[edit on 15-8-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boo radley

Or perhaps the grandfather story is part of the hoax. It is possible that his grandfathers wasn't really involved in any part of this story isn't it?

Boo, I'd take that road if I were you.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot

Trust me the military is not in the business of making pretty books.. If you look at the current Army field manuel I am sure it is produced by a publisher NOT THE ARMY... if there are major wars do you really think the ARMY would start a BOOK brigade

Again, you are missing the point. AND IF IT WAS produced by a publisher, these mistakes simply would not be there, so there goes that argument.

This isn't some army manual on how to build a tank here. this is a manual on time travel. Not some book brigade.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here's the way I see it.

Sorry to be so blunt.

Either your grandfather was a jokester and knew that you'd have a fun ole time with this, so he made these documents up and planned to give them to you when nearing his death.

Or

Your trying to pull one over on ATS. ( not cool btw ).

Either way, those documents are so fake it's not funny.

link   

Originally posted by Tegmondy
I'll try to answer a few things before I go for a while.

The book is on my poorly takes care of basement/old computer storage room.

Thanks for showing me what you were holding the book over, it makes sense now.

And even if left as a good old joke from grandpa, it's still a very nice read!

link   

That is a possibility, however the fact that he came right out with the fact that he needed people to determine if this was a hoax dims that possibility..

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
hey ,op ,those are big for pics, there other info in them?
one was 1mb or more,
allso this kinda looks like a game ,some website would put out,
are you useing this to sell a game or a movie?
sorry just asking.
thank you.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by thefreepatriot

Again, you are missing the point. AND IF IT WAS produced by a publisher, these mistakes simply would not be there, so there goes that argument.

This isn't some army manual on how to build a tank here. this is a manual on time travel. Not some book brigade.

I am saying it would NEVER have been produced by a publisher if there where wars that ravaged the planet... because there probaly would be very few or none LEFT. so the army would have to make it themselves and if they do make it themselves it would not be up to par to the quality that me or you are used to seeing... I am not saying this is not a hoax.. I am merely exploring the possibility of being true.. with an open mind. unlike most of you.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

No, it just adds to his story, which doesnt hold up. You , unless you are a handwriting expert, (then you trump me) cant argue the presidential signature. I have knowledge in this, though limited. Thats the cursive of a 12-15 year old.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Ah, I see waht you were saying about the publisher... Ok. makes a lil more sense.

Open mind is one thing. Ignorance is another.

But cmon, even without the help of a publisher, the amount of mistakes plus the cutting and pasting of pictures just wouldn't be there. Im sure whatever scientist helped develop this, had something to do with the manual. No scientist would ever put his name on that D+ 6th grade art project.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

How exactly did you come to this conclusion? Do you have credentials? please post any academic degrees you have received in the field of Forensic Forgery. Then you can put this to rest.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join