It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Is my Grandfather a time traveler or a joker?[HOAX]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I vote Joker but not Gramps.
How could this be done on a typewritter? On page 3 it says 21st century and the st is in superscript the way Word would do it automatically.

And that is just at first look.

If it is a hoax, nice job of bleading through the text from the page underneath.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
indeed. The misspelling also makes me think it was a hoax.

who knows, maybe he rewrote it.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Tegmondy]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I am thrilled to see you back on the forum and this incredible story line.

Dont get flustered by the people that may come to taunt you.

I have heard that even if this is a joke, your in like flint to the collaborative writting section of ATS.

And Welcome!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Very interesting, that your grandfather left you this book because I found one similar a couple of years ago while in Brazil looking for a crystal skull or information on them, [if you have any information on the thirteen crystal skulls especially the 7 that haven't been found I would love to hear about it.] but I digress, the book is very interesting and the information seems to be legit so I would study it or maybe take it to a research facility for space and physics like Nasa or something. but I wouldn't take the full version, maybe a page or a chapter somthing to give just enough information for them to tell you if the eqautions are correct or even make sense, Im not a math or physics person myself, Im more into History and literature but I've always been interested in time travel and whether it could be done.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
May I first say that I am sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

What a fun story. I bet your grandfather was a fun guy. He sounds like an uncle of mine, always joking and making up crazy stories.

"IF" this were true, there are many questions to ask,

1. How did he come to settle in this time period?
2. How did he come to fight in WW2? couldn't he keep himself out of it?
3. What was his reason for coming back in time?
4. Did he leave any other evidence of a future?
5. Where is his time machine?
6. If he knew he was going to die, why didn't he tell you anything else or if he had another identity.

to many questions to answer. but I am interested in what else was in this "box" he left.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the story, unless the paper can be carbon dated by someone this will always seem to be a hoax. Could you tell us some details about your Grandfather please? as prior knowledge of the future could help him carve out a pretty nice life.

Incidently sorry for you loss.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggalo2313

yes, time travel is possible!

go figure, as soon as they were able to control/manipulate gravity, that alone allows for time travel... watch some www.projectcamelot.org interviews for detailed explanations, especially Ralph Ring's, Dan Burisch's, and David Wilcock's videos!

www.projectcamelot.org...

[edit on 15-8-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tegmondy

what a steaming load of bollocks!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
well what i don't buy is the burn marks, why burn marks? why do they look fabricated?

the type also looks like it was printed on, for an old document you would think you would see some fade or bleed n such.

either way, it was entertaining.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
All I had to look at was the ''signature'' of the president. Luckily, while attaining my ph d for anthropology, one of the necessary fields I have taken, is handwriting analysis. The signature wreaks of a juvenile. I didn't have to read past it. But I did

All the notes were in the ''presidents handwriting, I doubt that the president would be making footnotes in his own horrible cursive in a time machine manual...

Done. Hoax. Bad one.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Z.S.P.V.G.

Easy now. When he gets his grandfather's time machine working he may decide to come back and spank you as a child.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why is it not obvious to everyone that this whole thing is a hoax by the OP who is most likely around 11 years old. The language in no way reflects what a government document would look like and the signature and hand written notes were obviously made by a child.

While I can understand the desire to believe that the world is a more interesting place than it seems on the surface many of you need to learn to have at least the smallest amount of skepticism. For those that beieve everything on this site, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you, cheap.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I had a though.. rare I know... Why doesnt the OP take a picture of him holding the book. And no more of this half the page stuff. Do what you want to blur yourself out, but there is too much evidence that the typed words dont even exist on these pages. They may simply be photo-shopped. So take one close enough so we can see you holding it and see some of the same words we have seen on these scanned images... This will surely lend credence or end this silly debate. I doubt this manual exists, even as a joke from paps.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boo radley

About two posts too late, but yea. I think you are right. This is garnering too much attention when its getting way too obvious.

And I thought Titor in his cheap as Chevy truck was bad... lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Why would the words need to be photoshopped onto the page? They could be printed and then scanned. The aging process used on the pages is something taught in grade school and could easily be applied to inkjet printed pages.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tegmondy
About gramps

I'm not even sure he would be the respective time traveler to this manual.

he fought in WW2, and married in the 50s. So if he was the time traveler, he must have came here in the 1930ish area.

He loved jokes, so I figured this may be one of them.

One thing, however, is that he told good bed time stories when I was young. So this means he either could make up a good story, or that they were so good that they were really memories of an old man's past.

and his death was mundane because, well, he was in his 90s. It's pretty normal to die at that age.

Okay for sake of arguement I have these questions...

1. If your grandpa was in his 90's he was born between 1909 and 1918, a time when photography was around. Are there no baby through teen years pictures of him at all? Something to prove he was born in that time frame?

2. Does he have any siblings, cousins, nieces or nephews that would prove he wasn't a time traveller?

3. Did your mother(I'm assuming he was your mother's father) ever mention her grandparents from his side?

4. Any childhood friends of his expected to be/were at the funeral?

5. Have you looked to see if he was in a census during his childhood?

6. Did he ever talk about what his childhood was like?

7. Did he ever say what his parents were like?

8. Why is 'gramps' only said to be 'in his nineties'? Ninety-what? One, two, three, eight?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HeadFirstForHalos

Really?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well done, its got me intrigued I dont normally jump the gun but gut response is telling me hoax. I hope I am wrong. Looks to be an intersting read for after work though.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's fake. Probably from an MMG online game. There are way too many spelling errors in it. Also any society capable of time travel would have a much nicer manual. It would be printed and not typewritten.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well I say its a Hoax -

Just one glance at the first image and the whole story presented by the O.P. seems to fall to pieces.

- The documents dont look like any typical military/government documents.
(Fonts, layout, etc.) There is a certain style to government type documents (if you can even call it that) and this is far from it.

- The layout is just poor (not that authentic military and government documents look good), but its not professionally done by any means. (Im a media video producer, but happen to have went to school for print & graphics. So the whole font thing going on there as well as the paper etc. is screaming 'hoax'.)

- It seems that the grandpa didnt even leave this behind and that the O.P. is making that bit of the story up as well. (Just with the way the story flows at the beginning. People who loose a loved one, especially someone close enough to share with them the secrets of time travel, would act a bit different the day after the person passes away...)

- Some say its a manual from the future - if so the media would be different...and even if it was paper it still would be different - and again, the layout...hopefully they would have some layout skill in the future.

In the end, the O.P. knows whats up.
And Im sure its pretty clear to everyone that this is a hoax - because information of this nature just doesnt pop up on the internet like this. I know there is a lot of wishing, but there is time for reality checks as well.

Again, this is just an opinion - each person is free to believe as they wish.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 15-8-2008 by dAlen]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join