It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

look at this pic of the moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Has anyone asked NASA what that big blue thing is? assuming NASA does answer questions...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'm a photoshop user and the blurred lines are amateur. There isn't anything there to hide. The whole blue reactor thing is neat.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
What you are looking at is a mapped flat image of the entire moon (or a large section of it) taken by Clementine the blurry parts are there because there is no image data taken for that section of the moon.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Setharoo
I doubt that the smudges in the photos are airbrush marks. Even a six year old child would do a better airbrush job. If these lines were the result of someone trying to cover up details they would be "stroked" in different directions and not from top to bottom across the entire photo. Just my humble opinion though.

not necessarily, these edits wreak of using the marquee tool to select the area, then apply Gaussian blur. (no air brushing or cloning - just the use of blur and a selected area) the shapes are even casting shadows in the photo.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You're absolutely right, with one possible caveat; there was no *color* data for those sections. That's all we can say with certainty by looking at this photo alone. There is a spectacular greyscale map of the moon from clementine at this site:
www.nrl.navy.mil...
It's much higher quality and doesn't have these huge blurred sections. I'm not entirely convinced that the blurring here isn't the result of poor stitching of the original photos though, but it's certainly not part of a "coverup." What kind of "cover up" publicly posts the photos they were "covering up" on a second site?

[edit on 18-8-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
is everyone on this site a retard ..

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nah the lines are too straight for it to be done with the marquee toold. I agree with above posts...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
the anomolies are too symmetric for it to be any sort of actual structure, as you're all thinking. the blue 'reactor' is most likely minerals of some sort reflecting the blue light wave length.

deny ignorance.

the only thing suspicious about the moon is how it's the only satellite in our solar system that doesn't have it's own rotation around it's host planet.

Alex Collier might have been on to something with that point.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Guys, please do some reading before you post reposts of pictures of the moon. These "reactor" photos have been posted for years. Literally years.

Also the things everyone are incorrectly calling airbrushing are data errors in the transmission, nothing more.

Please don't make yourself part of the problem. Be part of the solution. Think before you jump to conclusions and say NASA is hiding something.

I don't know why anyone would think NASA would be so stupid they would release a photo that was poorly airbrushed so a bunch of photo experts can pick it apart. Use your heads.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They might have been around for years but not everyone has seen them. Personally, thanks for posting these...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Okay I got my Granny to mess with this huge photo. Shes like a kid.

Where its bright theres not much to see but where its dark there are regular geometric structures in place.

Cool eh?

sarc

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Guys, are you missing the big picture here? Seriously, go outside tonight and look at the moon. Do you see the man in the moon? I think the moon is alive, and the man on the moon face proves it beyond all doubt.

The above is about as worthless and ignorant as this thread is. Those that see anything in these photos then shout conspiracy out loud, it is their own ignorance that causes that, and not any real moon anomaly. Reactor? Seriously? I think I am dumber for having even read this tripe.

And why is this in aliens and UFO section? I didn't lower my IQ enough to read the entire thread, but since it is posted in this section is someone foolishly and ignorantly trying to say these are alien anomalies or something?

Its idiot stuff like this that makes people laugh when you bring the subject up. I am sick and tired of being represented by the lowest common denominator.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You do not understand what you read you must have a low IQ. Because i did not say that there are moon anmaly
in the pic.only thing i sad look at this pic of the moon and zoom in on it lets see what you see that all.
only thing i am asking is just tell me and everone what you thank you see in it.

reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Took a while to load......

It looked like Ice and water under it. Some parts looked like light shining from under the ice, I figure its probably a reflection from the sun.

Great Pics though!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nolany40
Just to confirm, the last link you gave as being 64mb in size is actually 35.9mb.

Can you confirm this? Just so I know they (the site webmasters) didn't switch the original 64mb file with a 35.9mb file. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
some crops...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think they are beautiful pictures. I will say though that the blurs are just missing data from the cameras used. They do several scans over and over and sometimes they miss sections. Even google earth has some of these in places. Like the pictures posted on youtube of Antarctica, everyone was saying what is that? Well it's just where they pasted the images the satellite has taken and sometimes there are seems that don't quite match up.

Now, to me the pictures show what appears to be bodies of water. The pretty colors on the blue areas would appear to be light reflecting off the water. The almost look like holes in it as well, that have cavities of space. Hard to say and NASA will not give any info unless forced to or after they have had plenty of time to research it and study it without public interference. Once they have gotten what the needed from it and come up with a good cover story, boom, we get something posted on yahoo news, like water on Mars.

Researchers have been saying it for years, but NASA poo pooed it. Well gee guess what was just released in the last month or so, water on Mars that was hidden underneath the massive dust.

I do not jump to conclusions about NASA, but I do think they have a hidden agenda. They have to know what they are dealing with before they want the general public to form an opinion.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I did some googling to learn more about Clementine and the pictures, obviously my earlier assumption was off. My specific phrase for googling was "False-color images of Clementine".

Zorgon's 2006 Thread was first on the list! ATS has some great SEO goin' on, I tells ya.

Anyhow, aside from being highly entertained and enlightened by the "Original OP," Zorgon, and the content contained within his post, the other link, below my aforementioned search query was for The Lunar Planets Institutes page for Clementine. Check out the beautiful shots that ol' darlin' orbiter took, more specifically, the Albedo image.

Now, if you're a fan of Astrophotography like I am, surely you know that the majority of images we look at are false-color images. They are, in essence an artist/application's interpretation. It's like stylized animation. This provides more for the average person's eyes to read than reality provides.

Someone has already mentioned this above, but the images were originally on a gray scale... perhaps NASA's artists intentionally upped the contrast on some craters to pique the interest of some of the populace? Or their applications contain AI and a subtle sense of humor.

I personally feel like we're making a mountain out of a mole hill in this discussion.

Oooh, also a result from the googling fest, Wikipedia - Albedo. Let yer brain chew on that!

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Rashaverak]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lee_K
Nah the lines are too straight for it to be done with the marquee toold. I agree with above posts...

Rectangular Marquee/Polygonal Lasso.

The lines are too straight for the free Lasso, but certainly not the marquee tools. But it's still more likely it's missing data, which was filled in to make it look better.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
For those wondering what the blue reflections are on the surface. Let me suggest that right in front of the moon there is a massive blue sphere and guess what... It's us! ... And since when has it been a definitive fact that a 'reactor' on the moon is going to glow blue?

Yeah I've heard the stories from Lear & Hoagland.. but that's all they are! Stories from an anonymous/unnamed person from an undisclosed government agency. Suspiciously unfalsifiable.

The pictures of the moon are very pretty, albeit with some serious stitching errors but that's ALL we have here folks.

Feel free to speculate and chase your tails! Even if there was something up there, you'd never get an admission from NASA! You'd have more luck flying there yourselves in a paper aeroplane!

IRM

[edit on 21/8/08 by InfaRedMan]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join