It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

look at this pic of the moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Those blue mountens are very interesting. according to lear it could be a plasma generator, i had seen this on another picture and i'd like to no more

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Long time lurker finally jumping into the fray here. Glad to finally be a part of ATS instead of just gawking.

I could, of course, be totally off in this assumption... but I read an article recently about Earthshine, or "Planetshine" to be more accurate (Earthshine - Wikipedia And whaddaya know, there's a Clementine photo on the top right of this page)... I think this natural phenomenon could be the cause of those blue tones we see scattered throughout the image. Also, the shape of craters would be perfect at reflecting this ambient light.

I strongly suspect that the blurry streak anomalies within this photograph are due to the technicians/software combining all of those photographs to create an overall consistency through the entire image. With factors like planetshine, sunshine and shadows and a full orbit of picture, I could only imagine the painstaking process of making smooth levels of lighting consistent across the board.

It's a true marvel to look at images like this, and with more detailed photographs being taken by orbiters all over the solar system, I'm certain there will be a lot of misunderstandings regarding the "other-worldly" sites we'll be seeing.

Thanks for reminding me about darling, ol' Clementine, nolany40! These images are definitely drool-worthy.

Hope this is a good, first post/contribution to ATS.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
if you look at the brightly lit crater it sure seems like it's luminous and the ambient light is splashing onto the hillside surrounding the crater. pretty amazing. and those sharp 90 degree shapes sure seem like something other than nature.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meddle_Element
I would not try to open it up in a browser.

Why not? Is there some sort of jpeg virus now?

Curious..

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunnie
reply to post by zooplancton

Those blue mountens are very interesting. according to lear it could be a plasma generator, i had seen this on another picture and i'd like to no more

But according to me it is where the pink unicorns have their tea parties when they invite squibbly, the flying spaghetti mosnter..

Dont trust Lear, he has issues.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

Mainly for the reason of the images being 20MB and 35MB in an uncompressed format. These appear more resource intensive to render for some posters as opposed to smaller compressed images like jgp and gif usually found in webpages.

Also, didn't want to assume everyone has broadband speed. Was easy for me.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I saw some major airbrush areas. And they are in a very specific grid formation and evenly spaced so that would indicate artificial structure. There were also some anomalous colored light or albedo change around some of the craters, as if they were self illuminated.

There is a great deal of ice around and in several of the craters.

Very nice, very very interesting! I just wish we could see what was airbrushed out...grrrrr.

Never the less there is enough still showing to really make you think.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I thought I would crop a couple of areas I found interesting. The airbrushing is quite clear and the image is saturated with anomalous areas.

Very cool!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolany40
look at this pic of the moon and zoom in on it lets see what you see

ser.sese.asu.edu... 25mb

ser.sese.asu.edu... 64mb

==================================================

Huh, Zoom in to what area? The bloody picture is huge. Don't play games, what are you looking at, and don't say.....the moon.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
thx you for your reply

Nasa like to make us think that thay are telling us everthing that there doing up there.but it all lies

thx you everone for your reply as will

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
mighty curious making. We can all debate WHAT is being blurred. BUT there is no debate that BLURRING IS HAPPENING ...and because we are not supposed to see these things.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Why are even allowed to see this blue light? Is it a mistake? Looks like some things could be hidden, yet there is bright blue light? What are we supposed to think it is?

The light certainly raises some questions.

Troy

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Curious making. We can all debate What is blurred out, but we cant debate that blurring is happening which is infuriating since blurring is a statement that something is there "they" feel we shouldnt know about. Lots of stuff apparently is not for us to know about. When is this ...going to stop.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by havanaja]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Yeah, take a look at some of the updated photos of the face on the moon. The alteration fo the details seems to be evident there.

Why in the heck aren't we supposed to know these things. What is this planet we live on?

Troy

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by serin sister

Oh maybe thats what my friend meant but my daughter said to me last night that asteroids that hit the moon doesnt bounce therefore making creators in the moon,so in that sense the moon would be getting smaller

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
A different view of the moon:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
That is a cool pic of the moon but when I saw it I thought of the big D and him thinking his won,,,as the church is below and how things are on Earth.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nolany40

What he is talking about is the blue thing inside the crator, it appears to be a reactor or something. it has geometric form, I have a better pict a friend sent me where you can clearly see it.

I will try to post it soon. Pict posted, this was taken from a personal telescope so no one has blotted anything out or erased anything.

Here is another strange object I found in a crator.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by stinkhorn]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I doubt that the smudges in the photos are airbrush marks. Even a six year old child would do a better airbrush job. If these lines were the result of someone trying to cover up details they would be "stroked" in different directions and not from top to bottom across the entire photo. Just my humble opinion though.

The actual NASA airbrushed cover-up photos are a lot more professional than the smudges seen here. I tend to believe that they are the result of combining the photos together in the panoramic view.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I found some tracks around a crater, take a look.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Reckon]

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join