It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HISTORy must not be forgoten!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hey ATS

I'v been brooding on this for years
9 out of 10 kids(young adults)my age have no idee wtf went on in ww2 let alone ww1.
This boggles my mind since in my opinion these two wars are the biggest events the have ever happend in recent history
the fate of the world was decided!!!! more then once in this century.
why dont people care?
millions died for us knowing they were dying for us...
lest we forget...

ps:you wanna talk history, great!!! u2u me anytime!:bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Wasnt WWI the one with Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant?

Sorry sorry couldnt help it.
I completely understand this gripe. Yes if we do not remember the past we doom ourselves to repeat it. We learned that lesson in WWII.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Wasnt WWI the one with Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant?

Awesome....

I couldn't agree more...it sucks...don't dwell ont he past but learn it

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Hello. I used to think "Never Forget" also, but then somethings occurred to me.

First, of all, history is made up into legends and he who controls the printing press, controls history.

George Washington told a lie or two, Newton didn't have an Apple fall on his head. Christopher Columbus, wasn't a real guy, same with Shakesphere. Paul Raver, didn't ride all night nor was he named Paul Raver. Jackie-O shot Kennedy...you can see it in the zap ruder film. The Gulf of Tonkin, never happened.

I hate to say it but, Hiroshima/Nagasaki....not nuclear bombs, if you look at the pictures of Hiroshima aftermath...set models, scale size, and some back lot stuff. The damage done there is no worse then in Germany or France and the nice thing was, Japan was so far away from the real fighting it was perfect for staging, so no witnesses, except for those poor Japanese they got to wear the Horrible (and I mean bad, I know it was the 40's and all, but sheesh) foam rubber burn makeup. The best is the shadows burned into the walls...that was some good brainstorming and great for the "DOD" movies, but sorry, wouldn't happen. The heart of a Nuclear explosion, is supposed to be 1000 times hotter then the sun. No shadow was sticking around, because nothing would be around including the walls they were "burnt" into.

Pearl Harbor...think about it...how do whole squads of planes...first of all fly all the way from Japan unnoticed. Man they must have had some crazy fuel tanks on board, but wait then no bombs could be attached or torpedoes.

Have you ever noticed that there just happened to be a camera around for these "awe inspiring moments". There are cameras there for a reason...to "inspire awe". D-Day...are you kidding me. No military commander in the world would land on a beach like that...it's suicide, but these things and slogans like "Let's Roll"...who thinks up this stuff. I know. People that know how the human emotions work and how to throw off the rational of the average working man, woman, and child, by stirring them into an emotional frenzy. You only need a good image, like a monk burning themselves, or a little naked girl running from Napalm, or a mushroom cloud or a Navy Guy kissing his "baby" in New York, or Steven Spielberg and walla...you don't want to forget. That's what inquisitions are for and witch hunts and commies and terrorists, because if we didn't have all of this remembering to do, we could actually go forward.

War makes money...not oil, not nuclear, and most certainly NOT PEACE.
You make war by making up an enemy and getting everyone pissed off and upset, which they do, because they believe everything in the text book handed to them, right after they pledge allegiance to the flag.
If we don't forget...this world will never change. Peace

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Paul Raver, didn't ride all night nor was he named Paul Raver.

How true..it was PAUL REVERE

The entire point of history is to LEARN from the mistakes of the past. It IS important to remember. You would think we would have learned by now that the number of dead soldiers in a war does not equal the price of freedom.

Just curious Spike..are you a history major or something? Or just passionate?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Paul Raver, didn't ride all night nor was he named Paul Raver.

How true..it was PAUL REVERE

The entire point of history is to LEARN from the mistakes of the past. It IS important to remember. You would think we would have learned by now that the number of dead soldiers in a war does not equal the price of freedom.

Just curious Spike..are you a history major or something? Or just passionate?

Thank you for the spelling correction. I knew that didn't look right and I even had to listen to Paul Revere and the Raiders as a kid. Shame on me...Paul Revere was named Israel Bissel and he rode about 9 miles...

Mel Blank-RIP...

"I was around St. Petersburg when I saw it was time for a change, killed the czar and his ministers, Anastasia screamed in pain, rode a tank held a generals rank, while the blitzkrieg rang and the bodies stank...pleased to meet you won't you guess my name..." What puzzles us is just the nature of his game...peace

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
hey,nice awnsers hiroshima/nagasaki never happend thats total bull...
they did happen they were very real please dont spread lies on my thread even if i'm new dont spread lies like that.
yes it just one of my passions.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
Pearl Harbor...think about it...how do whole squads of planes...first of all fly all the way from Japan unnoticed. Man they must have had some crazy fuel tanks on board, but wait then no bombs could be attached or torpedoes.

Ever heard of Aircraft carriers? Even the large bombers like B17's or B29's couldn't make that distance back then, and you think that those ones could have? Small fighters couldn't get far from Britain into Germany, let alone cross an Ocean and back. They used aircraft carriers, and took the base almost completely by surprise. It was an attempt at the destruction of a large enough amount of the USA's equipment before the war began.

Similarly, the USA used an Island to launch the B29's with Nukes, which they totally did drop, and you can go there now and see some of the remaining (preserved) wreckage for yourself.

Have you ever noticed that there just happened to be a camera around for these "awe inspiring moments". There are cameras there for a reason...to "inspire awe".

Funny thing that, how people carry cameras with them. I daresay having footage of how your soldiers perform is quite useful, as well as the propaganda capability.

D-Day...are you kidding me. No military commander in the world would land on a beach like that...it's suicide,

How else would you do it then? They did a preliminary bombardment, and despite what you seem to think the losses weren't really that large a percent of all forces in the landings. For example, Utah beach had a grand total of about 200 losses. And even Omaha beach worked, it was still a strategic success, in case you didn't notice it was still captured.

or a little naked girl running from Napalm,

Wasn't that used for anti war purposes?

If we don't forget...this world will never change. Peace

Yes, that's true, but also if we forget that these things actually happened and weren't made up, we will make those mistakes again.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by apex]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I highly recommend that you read this thread, if you haven't already. Give it a flag and a star also, please:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join